• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application - How long does it take? (Merged)

I did see that and I know it's a whole bunch of it depends on this and that.

I'm just wondering how long others have waited

People have been offered jobs right after the interview, others have been waiting for years.

Use the search function. There are a bunch of threads about this. Check out the Application Process Samples thread that PMedMoe just posted.

I was just wondering the process. I have finally finished the process with all the testing, also had my interview and security clearance was completed as well. As of April of 2012 i have been merit listed. Is it usually a long wait after you have been merit listed. My CFRC Halifax.

Here is what I found out.

After the interview they do a 5 year back ground check and it takes about a week to come back.

They also merit you which takes some time.

I did my interview 4 April and got the call 7 May to start 14 May.  Yeah!!!!

So  I submitted my application around May this year, they got in contact with me around Mid June and setup an appointment to meet with a recruiter down at a recruitment center that was closer to me. I met with the recruiter to go over some paper work and to give my signature that I understand what I am doing etc. In early September I got a call asking to schedule my CFAT>Medical>PT (I was applying for reserves at this time, changed to Reg Force recently) and these were scheduled for Late October, unfortunately I couldn't make it so just recently I got back into contact with the Recruitment center letting them know that I still am interested and they booked me for the CFAT for this Thursday unfortunately my License expired so they told me just to contact them back when I get my new Picture ID in the mail. Anyways to get on with the original question, how long am I looking into getting to BMQ? I know there are some steps that I still have to go through Like the CFAT, Medical, Interview, Swearing in etc. And from what I heard is the timing with those vary.... I was originally supposed to be ready to go for the January BMQ (But that was reserves). For Regular force am I looking at the same sort of time line, or is BMQ yearly?   

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/81054.0.html

Every application is different so stages take no time at all while other seem to take forever personally I'm waiting on my security check which I have been told could take 3 months to process and another month to process my medical results. So right now it's best t hurry up and wait.

the military runs on a system commonly called ...please wait processing... , the early phases of my file, up to the CFAT was less than 75days, then it basically moved at its own place for a few months, only finally got to do my interview in October, 15 months after i applied, don't worry they will dust off your file in due time   

marinemech said:
the military runs on a system commonly called ...please wait processing... , the early phases of my file, up to the CFAT was less than 75days, then it basically moved at its own place for a few months, only finally got to do my interview in October, 15 months after i applied, don't worry they will dust off your file in due time 

I've applied over a year ago, then I had my CFAT, interview and medical all the same day (october 10) was merit listed in a month. So it took some time just to get to testing. Others are fortunate and sometimes it moves faster.

Timing varies. Its all about whether or not your occupation is open or in priority status. If you applied for a priority occupation certain steps may take less time. At the end of the day you merit against other applicants NATION WIDE. So some occupations have very few openings and others like Avs tech have over 100 openings (115 in October). So to fully answer your question and only assuming considering where your at in your process. A realistic time frame is 6 months to a year to get to BMQ from where you are at. Again depending on the openings for your trade there are, etc ....... After CFAT they will do your security clearance which can take 2 weeks to 3 months alone. The Interview, medical which again depending could up to another 2-3 months and once everything comes back assuming your credit is good and no hiccups their you would be merit listed ..... I think I have most of that about right. Search the Applications Samples thread and personal stories. You will see a ton of timing samples to help clarify the answer in which you seek.

mrjasonc said:
Timing varies. Its all about whether or not your occupation is open or in priority status. If you applied for a priority occupation certain steps may take less time. At the end of the day you merit against other applicants NATION WIDE. So some occupations have very few openings and others like Avs tech have over 100 openings (115 in October). So to fully answer your question and only assuming considering where your at in your process. A realistic time frame is 6 months to a year to get to BMQ from where you are at. Again depending on the openings for your trade there are, etc ....... After CFAT they will do your security clearance which can take 2 weeks to 3 months alone. The Interview, medical which again depending could up to another 2-3 months and once everything comes back assuming your credit is good and no hiccups their you would be merit listed ..... I think I have most of that about right. Search the Applications Samples thread and personal stories. You will see a ton of timing samples to help clarify the answer in which you seek.

Thanks for the replies, I had signed up for Combat Engineer, ACISS, and EDT. Unfortunately I cannot do the CFAT, or anything else after the CFAT until my photo ID comes in the mail. I guess all I can do is Hurry up and Wait, there was a chance that I could get the CFAT, and Medical in one day according to the recruiter. I just recently changed my application to regular forces, and I was issued a new file manager I guess but I was told when I get my ID just phone and schedule the appointment.

You will learn to "hurry up and wait" a lot. "You can control only what you can control". That line is what helped me a lot in the process. Try to stay a step ahead. So when your ID comes. Think of anything else that could potentially delay you. Take that list and during your waits deal with those things so when your file manager calls you. You can just hand that info over to him.

mrjasonc said:
You will learn to "hurry up and wait" a lot. "You can control only what you can control". That line is what helped me a lot in the process. Try to stay a step ahead. So when your ID comes. Think of anything else that could potentially delay you. Take that list and during your waits deal with those things so when your file manager calls you. You can just hand that info over to him.

Well I got my ID's a couple days ago, the Extension the recruiter gave me was I guess no longer working? So I just spoke to the recruiter that was working and asked him how I would go about scheduling the CFAT, he confirmed information with me and told me he will be passing my application over to the administrators and they will contact me with the date, and I was told to let them know immediately if I can make it, and if I don't my Application will be released. Now I am just playing the waiting game, I am fairly certain they probably wont get back to me until their Christmas holidays are done with. (Like the saying there is a reason for everything) This wait has given me time to upgrade my schooling, and get a little more fit.  Hopefully in a little bit of time I shall be a part of the Canadian Armed Forces!

Hey guys, just wondering.. How long has it taken you to get a BMQ date? I don't know, I haven't even got a date for my CFAT and I applied in January. The Recruiter last time I talked to him said that I have done as much as I can at the moment to forward my application and process.. Then i got an email February 19th saying that a bookings clerk will contact me. Should I try calling again too see about a CFAT spot since it has been about a month and a half almost since I got that email?

Back