• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone in the same boat?

Big T

Inactive
Reaction score
 Hey everyone! I was called about 3-4 weeks ago informing me that I had been accepted, and that I would be getting a phone call 2 weeks prior to september for all my final details on when I was to come in and sign all the paperwork and what not (be sworn in).  It is now August 30th, and still no phone call? Has anyone got any advice? Should I call cfrc? and or is anyone in the same boat as I am?

I would recommend calling them.  I remember when I went through.  They never once called me back when they said they would.  I have to call them every single time.

Jaydub said:
I would recommend calling them.  I remember when I went through.  They never once called me back when they said they would.  I have to call them every single time.

I would second this point of veiw. The people at CFRC are generally quite busy, so it's a good idea to take initiative...

Cheers,

Shawn

When I joined in 90' it was less than 3 weeks before I wrote my test in the Recruiting office and found myself in Cornwallis. One minute dumbass civvie, baffled recruit the next.

Hopefully, things are quick this time as well.

I would also call just to make sure they haven't forgot or anything like that.

Good Luck
:cheers:

I will call, but it's for reserves and they are only open for 3 1/2 hours on thursdays, thats not too much help, lol, but thanks for the feedback gent's!

Big T said:
  I will call, but it's for reserves and they are only open for 3 1/2 hours on thursdays, thats not too much help, lol, but thanks for the feedback gent's!
Most reserve units I know of are staffed during the day as well.  This one isn't?  If not, call anyway.  They might have more details on who to call on their voicemail, and if not, you can leave a message as well in case someone checks in.

navymich said:
Most reserve units I know of are staffed during the day as well.  This one isn't?  If not, call anyway.  They might have more details on who to call on their voicemail, and if not, you can leave a message as well in case someone checks in.

I have called all day, for a couple days since I last posted and no response.  No information on the answering machine message,  I left a message and no response as of yet.  I sent an email aswell, but apparently the reserve units email address is not functional at the time and my emails dont go through.  Having a great time so far, haha! Damn waiting game, I just dont want to miss my chance!

I would second this point of veiw. The people at CFRC are generally quite busy, so it's a good idea to take initiative...

:rofl:

Write to your MP if your unable to contact them or if they are taking way too long.  Don't put up with lame excuses like they are too busy.

spartan031 said:
Write to your MP if your unable to contact them or if they are taking way too long.  Don't put up with lame excuses like they are too busy.

I sincerely hope you're joking

Well if you want to let a recruiter push you around and waste your time go ahead.  If the recruiters can't come up with a good excuse for impeeding this kids progress its their problem.

spartan031 said:
Well if you want to let a recruiter push you around and waste your time go ahead.  If the recruiters can't come up with a good excuse for impeeding this kids progress its their problem.

Well fella, you've got no credibility now.  Just looked at all your posts, and almost every one of them is slamming Recruiters.  I would say your 'Bias' has been exposed.  Would you like to explain to one and all, what exactly your Game is?

spartan031 said:

Listen, I was one of those people who waited 2 plus years to get in. There were problems with the recruiting process. But you're insinuating that the recruiters are purposefully slowing down the process. Most probably not the case.

Certain T's have to be crossed, and I's dotted in the recruiting process. Especially in this time of trying to juice up recruiting, even with changes to protocol, it takes time.

Now, I don't know how familiar you are to the INNER workings of the recruiting process, or recruiting to the reserves for that matter. The fact that the ACTUAL recruiting process is done at this point. His file is most likely NOT held at CFRC anymore.

It would have been sent to his units ROR. Now a unit ROR, especially a reserve one, is usually quite backlogged. Day to day running, etc. with a short-staffed orderly room, most of the time (there is a day staff, and your best bet is probably to GO in to the armoury and talk to the staff, but that's never a guarantee)

Reserve BMQs are usually run during the summer. Sometimes weekend ones, but they probably wouldn't call him until a bit prior to a course. Otherwise, you've got some people sitting around doing nothing until the course. Besides, notice that Big T's last post on this topic was Sept 1. I'm willing to bet that he's already been sworn it at this point, or has at least gotten timings for his BMQ.

Now, going through your previous posts, you seem to complain about a lot of stuff, without much to back up your general complaints. Just bitching. You come across as a s*** disturber. So I'm not going to waste much more time on you.

However, I would suggest you learn a bit about the recruiting process, and how much and the kind of work recruiters ACTUALLY do, before you start beaking off about them.

Des out

People have lives and this kid wants to get everything in order before he leaves and he shouldn't have everything dumped on him at the last minute,  how hard is it to pick up a phone and say hey you need to be at this location at this time ok thanks ttyl.

Oh and george maybe you can enlighten us on how Canada and the CF benefits from a very slow and problematic recruiting system.

We don't Recruit Terrorists, Criminals, Drug Addicts.  Good enough for you?  Do you think that we can just go out and ask someone's Mom if her little Johnny/Jane is an outstanding Canadian Citizen?   ::) 

Now if little Johnny/Jane isn't physically fit and croaks doing PT at St Jean/Borden (which has happened) the Government gets very embarrassed and then comes up with Physical Fitness Standards that must be met.  I guess you are against those reasons too?

You do have a problem.  Let's hear what your agenda is?

So Spartan,

How would you fix the problem?  Get rid of the of the Medical?  Get rid of the security check? Those are the biggest hurdles right now and that will more than likely slow a file down.  They also happen to be some of the more important things that you want to look at as well.  They are looking to fix them so be patient.  Also keep in mind that long crazy waits are not the norm.

And as far as being busy, Reserve recruiters generally are double or triple hatted.  Some aren't full time either.

Back