• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone going Air Force get an offer or call for Basic lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RTaylor said:
Clarifying statement :

I havent said anything to the CFRC about him, Ive said plenty here

I'm thinking ... how do you know he's NOT here?? It's not like we don't have any actual serving members of the CF registered on the site or surfing it after all.  :-\

Given that you use your name as your username, and are slamming the Recruiting Officer (that 2nd Lt you mentioned) at CFRC Halifax every post you made in this thread ...

If he is here ... I'm sure he can figure out you're talking about him ... and so much more.

I really do hope that your attitude displayed here is not your attitude displayed when talking to CFRC ... nor that it is the one that you display if you get onto a BMQ --- because, if so, it's only a matter of time before it gets you into trouble.

If he is here maybe he'll read this and realize that maybe he shouldn't make comments that are false because it leads to anger and frustration.

And as I've mentioned, my attitude changes to fit the situation. I know what BMQ entails, they arent there to fill my day with fuzzy bunnies, snuggles and friendship. If i expected that I wouldnt be applying to the Armed Forces.

RTaylor said:
If he is here maybe he'll read this and realize that maybe he shouldn't make comments that are false because it leads to anger and frustration.

And as I've mentioned, my attitude changes to fit the situation. I know what BMQ entails, they arent there to fill my day with fuzzy bunnies, snuggles and friendship. If i expected that I wouldnt be applying to the Armed Forces.

::)

Apparently, this attitude certainly seems to be prevelant. Even I can pick that up after only this interaction this evening.

Let alone a whole application process worth of interaction.

I'm actually a nice guy, with alot of patience (it's why they made me a supervisor at my job even though I hate the place) but the internet only shows words, doesn't show expressions, etc that humans rely on conveying the conversation. It only shows my style of posting on particular subjects. I'm sure when I get my call it'll be back to sunshine and butterflies. I've been told by a few people that I come across aggressive sometimes and this is one of those times.

If we used a picture timeline, my first posts here on the subject of my recruitment would have been of me happy, sitting back and smiling...now if you could see me I'd probably have patches of hair torn out of my scalp in frustration. Root through my posts, I used to like the guy before I realized the deal about wool + eyes. He's a really nice guy to talk to and easy to get along with, and I felt comfortable with him, but filling my head with malarky was wrong. I don't mind the wait as long as I know what to expect. I do mind the wait when false expectations are set.

After talking to the nice lady today who was honest and up front, I'm feeling alot better. I'm expecting my 2nd youngin on Monday and I'm really excited.

I know that they do their hiring process on Thursdays now, and that my file is in there and going to be looked at, and that there is a BMQ I may get on on June 23rd. A much better answer then the "Oh you're merit listed and will get a call in about 2 weeks or so, then you're off to training on/around X date" that I have been getting.

On a side note, I've made $300 today from selling my video game characters. Egads...some people will buy anything  :cheers:

RTaylor said:
After talking to the nice lady today who was honest and up front, I'm feeling alot better.

Ah, but how do you know she was honest and up front?  She, too, may have been telling you what you wanted to hear.

Let me tell you a story.  When I re-joined as a Med Tech, back in '95, we ended up getting a very short notice from the CFRC.  I went in after the long weekend in May and was sworn in not much later.  By early June, I was in Borden on a QL3 course.  We all got recruit school bypass due to the short notice.  Just about every single person on that course was told they'd be working in hospitals on Bases and doing all kinds of medical stuff.  I was about the only one who was told I'd more than likely be going to a field unit.  I guess the CFRC I was at didn't feed me any BS.
At this point, I had been well over a year from my application and the funny thing was, I didn't even have Med Tech down as a choice.

Sometimes (IMHO), I think the staff at the CFRCs have to walk a fine line.  After all, they want to keep people interested, so maybe they do sugar coat some of the info, otherwise people might just give up and that's certainly not the CFRC's goal.  Call it carrot dangling if you will.

When you look at my story, maybe some of those other recruiters looked at the people they were talking to and thought they might not accept the position if they knew they were going to a field unit.  Is it dishonest?  Maybe but I'd consider it "fudging" the facts or a little white lie.  After all, some of these people did end up working in a hopsital eventually, just not right away.

At any rate, take everything with a grain of salt and roll with the punches.  Your career may be full of people who deal like this and it's better to get used to it now.

I know what she was saying is pretty truthful, just got off the phone with a file manager and he told me pretty well the same thing. Hooray for the truth!  ;D

RTaylor said:
I'm actually a nice guy, with alot of patience (it's why they made me a supervisor at my job even though I hate the place) but the internet only shows words, doesn't show expressions, etc that humans rely on conveying the conversation. It only shows my style of posting on particular subjects. I'm sure when I get my call it'll be back to sunshine and butterflies. I've been told by a few people that I come across aggressive sometimes and this is one of those times.

Perhaps you ought to reread what you just posted and give it some extra thought.  You contradicted yourself several times in that one paragraph alone. 

Communication, in any form, DOES convey emotion.  If it didn't then how would so many great authors over the centuries have written so may works of Fiction, Poetry, Song, Music, etc.?

You have conveyed a very hostile picture of yourself on this board.  Time for you to go back and read what you have written and reflect on how others (all of us) are creating an image of who you are.

Hey I know I'm just a lonely Member and not a DS, BUT.  I couldn't help but notice that 5 of these 6 pages are just back and forth frustration and then sympathy/ stern explanation.  Can we lock it soon maybe?  Nothing really else to say now until RTaylor gets his call which as he said should be in a couple days.

RTaylor said:
On a side note, does anyone know who I could talk to at the CFRC to report the officer for doing this, or even if I can? I honestly dont think that he's been showing professionalism that is mandatory in his position. Even though its not for me to decide I'd like to have it pointed out somewhere. Bad officers making worse decisions could and do cause alot of issues.

I'll be the proactive NCO I was trained to be, and being that I personally know several of the Snr NCOs and atleast one of the Officers (he is a MCC, who knows maybe even the one who handled your file!  At the very least, the Officer who is conspiring against your entrance into the CF would be someone he would know himself) I will forward a link to this thread to them all and perhaps they can sort it all out.  As you've identified yourself, obviously strongly believe you've been wronged by CFRC Halifax staff, the reasons why, etc, I am sure they will quickly be able to bring up your file and follow the process and timelines and take appropriate actions.

Unless you have an issue with this?  Surely you wouldn't back out of an opportunity to make the corrections to the obviously flawed and failing recruiting process that happens here in Halifax, would you?  As you've stated already, you have no issues with the fact that the CFRC staff may have already read this thread, and that you have pretty much IDd/singled yourself out with your name, former unit (WNSR) and service dates, and your MOC selections, so I will just assume you are good to go, k? 

Yeah, Im down with having it locked.

And no Eye, I see no reason why the CFRC shouldn't look into this, as I've said, I've been told several times by the same officer that I've been merit listed, would be getting a call, and so on and so forth and my process / file hadn't even been completed, and god knows what he's been telling other people besides what I already know. He can always deny it of course if it's brought to his attention though, but there are other posts of mine which also, when coupled with this, can show a time line of approximate dates of what has been going on.

Or if you had someone I could contact directly to bring this to their attention and tell them myself I'd prefer that, but bringing this to their attention in my opinion wouldn't hurt in the least. I think I actually mentioned if there was a way I could do this a few posts back.

I think the bottom line here is.  Rtaylor, you feel like the CFRC Staff in Halifax have not been doing their jobs fully and have been careless with your file resulting in a longer waiting period for you.  Now for all we know that could be very true, since you are the only one here that knows the full story, it is silly for others to tell you your wrong just because they feel offended on the Staffs behalf.  That being said maybe they are right about you being harsh and out of line in what you say about them but then again I would be frustrated too.  So I'm not going to even voice an opinion.  

So like I said, this entire thread is kicking a dead horse now.  And this is how members on this site get mad and bitter at each other, from bickering back and forth about things that no one can really change.  We should all just wait until you get your call and then it won't even matter anymore.

:deadhorse:   lock, por favour?

I didnt know who to ask...what / who is the OIC? Officer in Command?

MedTechStudent said:
bickering back and forth about things that no one can really change

I am not bickering.  And I don't share the same mindset that things can't be changed, I see that as being part of the problem, as in not wanting to 'leave it better than you found it'.  I know some of the folks who work over there, from the rank of Cpl - Capt.  I am offering to be a part of the solution, not the problem.  

As for the member calling the OIC, why not?  He has clearly laid out here where the fault is (the Officer level), and has laid out specifics about the shortcomings of an Officer, or atleast at the very least.  In the interest of betting the system, and holding those who perform their duties in a negligent manner and with no regard for the duties, it should be properly investigated so as to ensure that it is not to happen again.  There are pages of wrong doing indicated here, along with the rank of some of the staff, and which CFRC they are at, and being that this is a site accessible by ANYONE including CF members, civilians, MSM types, and being that potential/future recruits who read this thread might have concerns of this happening to them, of all the possible negative aspects of this, would it not be better to proactively deal with the issue before it ends up as a story "CF Applicants Lied To At Recruiting Centers" on the CBC or CTV websties or news broadcasts?  Wait though, those things don't happen, do they?

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/70802.0.html

Or maybe I am being sarcastic, and think this thread should have been locked a long time ago when an Officer was being publicly accused of lying to recruits at a specific CFRC...you decide.

Eye In The Sky said:
I am not bickering.  

As for the member calling the OIC, why not?  

I did not mean you specifically, you were just coincidentally  the last person to post so I apologize.  And second, in case you thought I was being sarcastic, I was agreeing with you that he should call the OIC, its a good idea. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back