• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone going Air Force get an offer or call for Basic lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've called my career manager again, plus 7 different numbers for 7 different file managers today. Left messages, so if I dont hear back from at least 1 I'm going to be pretty pissed.

RTaylor said:
I've called my career manager again,

I'm certain that you didnt call a "career manager". A career manager is a CWO sitting at NDHQ.

It's what I have been told he is, career something-or-rather.

Still awaiting my call..and to get ahold of anyone that knows anything.

What a headache Q_Q

Well, the way I see it, I go for my medical in 3 days.  If I get a call right after that, THEN you should start taking it personally :p

However, I'm a purple trade, just wanted the pretty blue uniform.  ;D

Well, I have been training to enter the forces for over 2 years, and came back to Canada last July specifically to apply. I've been accepted into RMC this year, and have passed the ANAV test, so I'm just waiting to find out when I'm going to Toronto for the aircrew medical. So, from when I officially applied, to when I will be sworn in (July 10 in Victoria), it will be exactly a year. I know it's frustrating waiting, but being in limbo for a few months isn't really that harsh. From what I've been told, the military motto is "hurry up and wait", so just consider it a good opportunity to develop patience, as this certainly won't be the first or last time in your military career that you won't know what's going on.  ;)

Elwood, congrats! So, what's your training plan? Are you heading straight to Winnepeg?

Elwood said:
I had an offer for DEO ANav to start on August 18th.  ;)

I've received an offer for DEO pilot on the condition I pass ACS in Trenton and the medicals afterwards in Toronto.  If I pass I will start BOTC on 18 Aug.  I'm booked to do ACS 7 July to 11 July.  

Elwood, have you already done ACS?

My offer was for pilot, but I believe I have to write the math tests at ACS as well, although I'm under the impression the results of those tests don't matter for people going pilot.  Anyone heard the same?

ShaneOB said:
My offer was for pilot, but I believe I have to write the math tests at ACS as well, although I'm under the impression the results of those tests don't matter for people going pilot.  Anyone heard the same?

They will in fact make you wite the Navigator tests on the morning of the first day. They are not only math exams so beware. If you are applying for pilot only, they do not matter but i would endevour to pass them anyways. Its always better to have a fall-back plan then be left with nothing.

breezie said:
Elwood, congrats! So, what's your training plan? Are you heading straight to Winnepeg?

Its not his Training Plan, it sort of is the CFs.  ANAV DEOs (who haven't received a BMOQ bypass) do not just go to CFANS on BANC...just like everyone else there is that little BMOQ course to do.

I figured BMOQ would be the first step, but I wasn't sure, as I wasn't sure about Elwood's previous military experience/training. I also keep forgetting that those who aren't going to RMC are going to be following a set progression of training. I will too, but as it's different this year for new recruits going into RMC, I don't know what it is yet! Oh well, c'est la vie! 大丈夫です!:salute:

Indeed! Even though all the uncertainty is a little frustrating at times, it's never boring, and that's precisely why I want to be in the CF! I think it's funny how I'm going to be an ANAV, and because nothing's been really confirmed yet, all my plans are "up in the air". Ha ha ha chuckle sigh.
;D

And just before anyone asks, "Nav only" candidates do not go to ASC

Thats right.......ASC

http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/8wing/squadron/cfasc_e.asp

So we know that officers are being recruited :p

Congrats by the way :)

Anyone going Air and apply at CFRC Halifax get a call lately?

That's right, ANav tests can be held at your local CFRC... Navigator only applicants don't go to the ASC to do ACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back