• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone Else's Enrollment Going So Fast?

gnome123

Inactive
Reaction score
OK i applied Oct 16Th.

Got Call Oct 17Th

Appointment for Medical, Interview & Aptitude is on Oct 18Th

Kinda happy it went this fast but still scaring myself about the Aptitude ha ha....
Anyone else's enrollment gone this fast before? just wondering  ???

Well there have been a few changes in recruiting recently so that could be one of the reasons. What did you apply for?

Best of luck.

Mine has been quite surprising. I sent in my application on Oct 5th, received a call on Oct 10th, and had my interview on the 11th. I did not have to write the aptitude test, as I had writted it previously.

My medical is on the 28th, although I could have scheduled it for earlier. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that there are no hiccups there. The Captain who did the interview said that if there are no surprises with the medical I should be in Quebec by January.

Patrick H. said:
Well there have been a few changes in recruiting recently so that could be one of the reasons. What did you apply for?

Best of luck.

Infantry Soldier and Armour Soldier  ;D

Alright... I'm giving them a call. Applied Sept 22, called them on friday and they said they would call yesterday.

Not complaining.. But come on. Same recruiting centre, both joining reg forces...  ;D

Somehow I get the feeling that if I had applied 10 days later.... Thats what I get for being in such a hurry to apply.

At least I know things are moving fast once they get going. Besides, this way I've got time to work on my pushups.

Infantry Soldier and Armour Soldier

The Combat Arms are a good way to get in to the military quickly. Work hard, be safe and don't quit.

Cheers,

Klc said:
Alright... I'm giving them a call. Applied Sept 22, called them on friday and they said they would call yesterday.

Not complaining.. But come on. Same recruiting centre, both joining reg forces...  ;D

Somehow I get the feeling that if I had applied 10 days later.... Thats what I get for being in such a hurry to apply.

At least I know things are moving fast once they get going. Besides, this way I've got time to work on my pushups.

My understanding is the "new rules and ways" came into affect for all applicants on or after 01 Oct 06...

Hang in there...I have been waiting longer than you and I have over 17 years in now... ;)

(although, to clarify mine is a CT...its different)

I was merit listed as of Sept.  21st...  I have called the CFRC a couple times asking about the status of my application.  They told each time I will be getting "the call"  in a day or 2.  But still nothing yet...  Well hopefully sooner rather than later.

Mine is going through really fast through. Just a medical left  :)

Mine went blazing fast. Now all that's left is for the medical disclosure forms to be received by CFRC Toronto.

Mud Recce Man said:
Hang in there...I have been waiting longer than you and I have over 17 years in now... ;)

Not to rub it in...  ;D But I had first contact today.

ah, that's not right. I applied on the 13th and I'm still waiting for a call. Mind you I did call to switch something on my application, and they kept saying they'd call back to verify the changes but never have. My application also hasn't shown up online either. The Sgt. said she was going on vacation but she'd put my application in anyways...hmmmm...what Recruiting Centre did you go to?

I was suprised at the speed of mine. Handed in the papers sept.26th and did the aptitude, medical and interview on oct.19th just waiting for the call now  ;D

Dont want to sound negative but I had all my stuff done by March 19,didnt get the call until Oct but Ive been told the procss has sped up quite alot since then.Its best to call at least every 2 weeks so they know you are serious and it keeps your name fresh.

lol i had my app in for 4 years, and waiting and waiting ( had probs with pushups due to wrist issues) then next thing i know all my stuff got done in a week, i waited a week after being put on the merit list, and i am off to quebec on nov 5th. Getting sworn in this thursday ;)
Hurry up and wait lol :D

It's good i did get in so fast because i got to get to some medical forms filled out by my doctor and due to her clinic being busy i won't be getting the news from Ottawa for a month or two. Just more time to get fit...  :pushup:

I put my CT in 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.  I'm going reg inf and its kind of disheartening to hear and read all of the cries for more guys in the infantry, and here I am waiting to go there.  I don't get the deal with CT's taking longer than new recruits fresh off the streets.  It makes me consider getting out entirely and re-enrolling.  Oh well, I suppose all I can do is have patience.

It doesn't hurt to give them a call, thats what i did, just a friendly hey sorry to bother you but i was wondering how my app is going along?
Best of luck

Back