• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any Good Combat Engineer Stories(Funny Stories) everyone put on there helmets

Greg's wedding was another "good time had by all". Damn near the whole Regt showed up for the reception.
Boy did it get drunk out that night.  :blotto:

It was 1989 I think and I was in 2 CER and a couple of newly promoted MCpls were releasing.  Well they had to have a send off to be remembered.  They bought 2 kegs of beer and had an auction of all the items they had "collected" over the years.  There was a palm tree, footstool from some Col office, figurines, you name it they had it.  There we were in P-109, anyways they opened the first keg and we all stood around laughing and telling war stories.  Butler was the auctioneer and he stood up on a table and auctioned all the stuff off.  The next day the 2 MCpls counted their money and felt bad, they had relieved their fellow sappers of $2,500 so they gathered all who had purchased something and we went off to E1 and there were lap dances for all, and the beer was a plenty, not that we needed any more.  Well if that wasn't enough we decided we had to go on a "Road Trip", now a road trip in 2 CER could be anywhere once myself and a few went to Boston for a beer at Cheers, but this time we felt that Ottawa was far enough.  They rented a moving van, we loaded a pick-nik table and what was left of the beer, and off we went, myself, Shaggy, Henderson, Lyndon, Monty, Maverick, Crosson, 4 others I'm ashamed I can't remember and one....... girl.

I don't remember much of the road trip but I do remember coming back taking every exit to Quebec for more liquid beverages.  Well someone decided to acquire a sign from a gas station and the Fun police were called and 3 Km from the base we got busted.  Shaggy was driving, he was sober we weren't that stupid, and he got a $60 fine for having alcohol readily available.

Monday the RSM had everyone who lived in P-109 out front and wanted to know who was involved in the auction.  I can't remember everything RSM said, I was still feeling a little rough but I'm sure we were all going to get charged and put on Pack drill till hell froze over.  To make matters worse we had apparently made every local newspaper from Petawawa to Ottawa.

P.S.  No soldiers from Petawawa were allowed to rent a vehicle from the dealer for I swear 3 years.

Boy there are some memories floating around in here, as a new member I'm not sure who all the players are but I've been in those troops when Mo lost his friggin eyebrows, and slayer ha, well what can I say. Kuwait was THE best tour ever and for those of you who were there a few of those stories could be said here. Like the day Hammy and I were on a date with two nurses from town, as we sat up overlooking the airfield he and his date on one side of the rock and me my date on the other, as the picnic moved along not 200 ft over head french mirage jets began doing touch and gos. Or maybe the night we snuck in half a dozen nurses and teachers from town for one of our famous BBQ nights. Or the young Mr burbidge with his new radio controlled car not 10 minutes into action and he smashes it to pieces and sells it to JW for peanuts. Ah the car races. and it goes on and on. I am enjoying the site.
Chimo all,
Randy Thomas 

Hope you guys will put up with a story or two from an ol' boy. Great stories BTW. Recognised a name or two.

Funniest one has to be TQ3 Serial 7403 and we had just finished the 10 days of safety etc in Bldg K9 with Kenny Austin and were on the small demo range doing our first 1 lb initiation charge. As you all know the charges were timed to be 15 secs or so apart and each charge was easily attributed to the individual responsible for it. 

A roomie by the name of JP Paradise (ended up in 5 Genie) ignored orders and piled a bunch of rocks on his charge. Well his charge goes off and sure enough said rocks were inbound. Kenny yells "Incoming. Under the shelter". Off everybody goes except Paradise. He stands there in the open admiring his inbound handiwork and a rock a bit bigger than a softball lands 5 or 6 feet in front of him and at a still reasonable speed bounces off the dirt and nails him right in the family jewels.

Well the lad wasn't wearing his brass ones that day and he went down hard enough to get a couple days in the infirmary. I guess Kenny Austin and our course NCO Sgt Bouchard figured that "divine justice/retribution" had worked in mankind's favour that day and chose not to charge him.

Think he learned his lesson. We all had a good guffaw at his expense though.

Death Tech Extraordinaire :skull:

Hi John I'm still kicking, what a great site, I only wish I new about it earlier. I'm off to visit CFSME 100th this spring and hope to get in touch with some more old sappers. chimo

Hey Randy,  remember the Germany trip to deep ford the AEVs?  Remember the "poopy pants" incident? (I shall say no more in the open to protect the guilty)  ;D

What can I say, I've mellowed with age..... :-\

I haven't run into the Zack attack in years.  Have a good picture of him, Dan Hartford, Tim Tatterie and myself in Croatia.  That was before the flaming Moe!!!  Cotton Eye Joe and C7s going missing.  John Clarke

AEH said:
  and C7s going missing.  John Clarke

I remember that incident and the 2 guys involved......

Or the welcome in country speach you gave us

"if you guys get a dear john letter, talk to somebody...i get them all the time"

Ok Kat, "poopie pants in the fatherland" I didn't think that much crap was possible from a human much less marking a trail equal to the province of PEI throught those barracks. It sure wasn't hard to find out who did it.

Good Wack story, here is another one. Its shortly before our world was upset with the accident on the hill. Some of the charaters you'll know. Were doing our HA and my roomy Jeff W and I are up to bat in the bunker counting booms/bangs. Our legendary instructors Charlie R and Mike H are standing by. in his assumed position Mike H is puffing away as JW and I are counting away, After our mandatory 30min wait (more like 15) Mike starts his stroll down the hill to the site and BOOM........, every eye went to the bunker window to see Mike turn and walk back up the hill, enter the bunker, sit, spark up a cig, inhale...exhale then ask JW and I how many bangs. Well by this time we had already counted a million times, and you can imagine all the help from the rest of the course(not a bit). All Mike said was we'll wait 30. What had happened was our fused 155 blew and pooped the fuze which blew shortly after.

AEH said:
I haven't run into the Zack attack in years.   Have a good picture of him, Dan Hartford, Tim Tatterie and myself in Croatia.  That was before the flaming Moe!!!  Cotton Eye Joe and C7s going missing.  John Clarke

Check out the old troop house using Google Earth.

You and Zack used to have some pretty funny wind-ups.

The student who fired the shot was James Rettie and when he realized the lodge was going to be toast he asked me what we should do.  I told him to reel in his cable and lets go hit the ATCO trailer before we get shut down.. The rest is history.

I enjoyed that trip to Chilcotin.

Best meal in the world? Easy. A Pius built bacon and egg sandwich at o' dirty early, followed by a beer at dawn.

I'd say a Ray Randall omelette, too big to fit on the plate, after a 30 + hour Bailley build where EVERYTHING went wrong, followed by a hit from Scotty's secret 151 stash.

I also thought the 3 troop omelettes were great until I discovered their "secret ingredient" one dark and stormy night walking back to my ambulance from the CP. Ray just didn't like the cold so he used to sleep in his flying kitchen, first he'd turn on the cook stoves (low heat), lay a stretcher over the top the grill and then he'd crash and burn...
It's been over 25 years and the image of Cookie Duster Randall, buck naked, snoring like an old grizzly bear while dripping sweat onto the grill still haunts me! :eek:

You've eaten and drunk worse... Remember Gus S*****r making the "special gerrycan punch" and half of 2 Tp waking up almost blind?

mikeninercharlie said:
I also thought the 3 troop omelettes were great until I discovered their "secret ingredient" one dark and stormy night walking back to my ambulance from the CP. Ray just didn't like the cold so he used to sleep in his flying kitchen, first he'd turn on the cook stoves (low heat), lay a stretcher over the top the grill and then he'd crash and burn...
It's been over 25 years and the image of Cookie Duster Randall, buck naked, snoring like an old grizzly bear while dripping sweat onto the grill still haunts me! :eek:

Belly sweat! yum. Wasn't big on Scottie's backwash though. Belly sweat was also the secret ingredient in the pizza from Jim's in Sardis.

Omlettes as big as newspapers. Those were pretty darn tasty. BTW Mikey, it was only a secret to you outsiders. You just didn't be the first in line, which was usually the "idle", since the rest of us were still on site. Med-A's, so picky!  ;D

Back