• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any Good Combat Engineer Stories(Funny Stories) everyone put on there helmets

Jack I do sleep and just got off work at 23:30,life's a bitch as Marine Engineer with B.C. Fairies ;)
As for Al I last spoke with him from Tincan's house in Bordon while I was on my H.A. in 98,Al was in Meaford in charge of Ranges and training or somthing like that in 98,now he's Sgt/Maj. of the F.E. School in Gagtown I think.Who would of thunk it of our Al going so far?

The Totems are in Edmonton right in front of the door. :salute:
Lt.Col Foreman is retired and is running a B&B in Victoria with his Memsahib the last I heard.

Remember Pete Pitcher?
He's CWO now even though he's a plumber ;)

Peter Pitcher a chief? I thought he'd get all the way - In 1978 he was the 1 troop officer's driver and his biggest job was to actually lose the officer - it was an arrangement with Harry Poile. "Look Pete - get him out of here! Get a flat or something" Most exercises that guy was lost somewhere.. And Al Chasse is the School RSM? Wow... now that's a good choice - there's hope for the army!

Al Chasse is not the school RSM, that honour falls to CWO Collins

Al is the Cell Supervisor for MWD

hi! Still a good man - Quite the wild man in his younger days - i believe he broke his leg in 4CER while trying to bite the tires on a passing bus when drunk - or so the story was told to me then (circa 1978) - he was a bit of a man-mountain. I once bribed him with money for a case of 2-4 when I was supposed to bring him in when he was a terrorist on an internal security exercise - it was either cough up the cash or die a horrible death.... as it was Friday he went for the beer....

2 TP PARA  Troop party at the Troops WO's casa early 90's.

Started out your typical beer guzzling Sapper get-together, plenty of memorable characters. Some of those fellas no longer w/ us today - RIP DC.

Long story real short; pumpkin-head's wife, also at that time a WO, returns home from work on a glorious Petawawa summer eve to find her home occupied by a bunch of fire-pissin' Sappers, decides to attempt  quelling the drunken fury and finds herself and the TP WO tossed into their own backyard pool by his own troops. I'd like to add that pumpkin-head was stripped nude, less his 2 TP PARA T-Shirt.(if i remember right we made sure we scraped his ass on the deck a few times first to make sure the dip in the pool was soothing...)  Was fumbling through some old pics last week, now that was memorable... :salute:
cheers all.

I've no idea what ever happened to him. Had heard a few years back that he pulled pole. ;)

Pumkinhead = AKA Dress wearing leaving my wife for a guy guy.

Hard to beleive

For real? Or is this the same as Rodney being a cross-dresser?  ;D

Is this baldy Rodney,whom I caught with Pinky Richardson in Germany under a bridge in there 5 T dumps being pervits spying on the local Sportz Platz with Binos at the ladies nude swim night? ::)

Nope. It would be Rodney Lawson. Who, for the record is not a crossdresser.  ;D

"Im out and so are you!" ;).....i dont know if it was fact or rumour but i wonder did the "hotel" ever open ???

The Bridges and Bridging Equipment thread is fast becoming a war story thread so to keep things in their proper place I'll post here.

Speaking of the old 5 tons, anyone remember the old 5 ton Bridgers? They were the beast of beasts, used to haul the Mo-mat?. The unit (1 CER) used to task one of them to do the run to the Water Point. I'd occasionally go along with Marvin or someone and visit the boys (The Gillis', Kat, Nuclear Doug, etc) at the Water Point. Get a load of water and a load of wine and we'd start back. Purple route, up from the ford is a slow trip for them things. Real slow and boring. So to get a rise out of one of the laziest men in NATO (Bagg-wan), I'd wait until we were 3/4 the way up the hill then pull out the choke. Who ever installed those things very convienently placed them right in front of the passenger seat. Pull it out and stall then engine. The driver would just about have to leave his seat to lean over and push the thing in. Then you'd have to start on a steep hill. If you were along the Ribstone, the slope was shorter but then you'd have to let the truck roll backwards with the Water Bo' to the bottom then start again.

Anyways, it used to get ol' Marvoon hopping.  ;D  You gotta keep up the morale somehow!

Ah sorry about that C4 but old timers hit agin. ;D
Those gassers were fun but a hard drive!

and they didn't have power steering. During RV81's great war I went with - blast I forgot his name - from 22 sqn to, fuel up some dozers being used to build this massive pseudo minefield. We were given a grid reference - nice, but when we asked for a map, we were refused one - only given some directions and a peep at a map - needless to say we had a nice guided tour of Gagetown, with many a 27 point turn - having given such directions as "third road after the flag-post". In a pitch-black Gagetown night anywhere a leopard tank travels looks like a road. We even crossed over the lines - a couple of Vandoos asked us for the pass-word - which we did not know of course - and waved us through - of the other side - nothing until we came to a lighted up camp where every-one was wearing jump-smocks - the enemy! We did offer to surrender - we even offered to pay the chap we spoke with, 20 bucks to accept our surrender - but no go - "too much paper work" he said. He was nice enough to give us directions and a peep at the maps and back we went, across the lines again - no challenge and finally  got to where we were supposed to go - from 22:00 to 06:00, just to travel 14 kms...

How about when Kat scared the nickers of Countess Mountbatten?
Down in Zygon the grand old girl had her photo taken with the Eng.Sqn all sitting in front of the Badger,Kat was in the drivers seat I was sitting above him on the Badger.
After the photo's everyone cleared off and I was told to ground guide Kat back to the vehcle par, so I did the usual drill and gave a thumbs up,as Kat started the Badger I looked back just to make sure as the badger roared to life Countess Mountbatten nearly lost her nickers,she jumped 6 and came down 8.I just roared and had to turn away ;D
You had to be there. ;D
Remember that one Kat?

Heres a good story.
Road move to Wain.,after leaving the Wack,first stop was Jack Ass Mnt. Milk Shake Stand,then Cash Creek then over night in Clear Water.

Not allowed in the local beer parlour after last years road move. ::)

So here's us all mulling about looking rather sullen and were going to have a soft ball game but the local Sihk's had use of the ball field so ah what the hell we'll watch them.
We did for a bit untill Sniv Johnson YELL'S out " Hey he has a Tea bag on his Head" A young Sihk kid growning his hair in the bun tied up top
Ooooh we all cringed but roared in side !!
Next thing we hear is JOHNSON OVER HERE!!!!

One of the funniest cultural faux pas I have ever heard!! ;D

There are a few around from 2 CER that would remember this one but not to many still around on this EX it was the Bridge Gallop 1990 from Borden to Meaford they were playing a game called punch chest in which Bill Macdougal(Chief) and Greg Martin and a few others were playing it and so back to the story Chief was on the top panel party and had just pressed the panel then looked forward and saw Greg Martin right in front of him with a smile and his aarm cocked back and all Chief could say was sh** and took the punch but he got Greg back in Cornwall(same Ex different tasking) greg was end of a three bay raft still anchored to the dock and chief runs from the dock all the way down the three and about 5 feet from him he calls his name as Greg Martin turns around chief hits him and almost sends him into the river after that is was mentioned that was probably not a very good game to play the next day Greg showed up with his entire chest bruised so it wasa good time had by all

Back