• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any chance to become a pilot now?

lotion said:
And how did I get -10?? :mad:

I would say that it's probably because many people agree with this statement:

Loachman said:
You have no clue what you are talking about.

If you go and see replies to some of the other posts that you have put on here, you will see similar comments.

I'm willing to bet it has to do with your posts and lack of info on your profile.  just make sure you know what you are talking about and back it up.  

I looked, and it's true that you have to do 2 course of flying airplanes before you'll ever get to touch a helicopter in the forces!!! In a safety letter release by transport Canada, it's states that having thousands of hours of airplane time, could hender your emergency performances in a helicopter. Trust me, i've done my research!!!

Well I am sure the actual pilots we have as members of this site will confirm or refute the information as presented....

lotion said:
I looked, and it's true that you have to do 2 course of flying airplanes before you'll ever get to touch a helicopter in the forces!!! In a safety letter release by transport Canada, it's states that having thousands of hours of airplane time, could hender your emergency performances in a helicopter. Trust me, i've done my research!!!

As stated several times, your lack of a profile is what is making it difficult for people to believe that you are knowledgeable in the areas of which you are speaking, research or not.  If you look at the profiles of the members who are making statements throughout the threads you are posting on, you will notice that they are qualified personnel in the fields that they are providing information on.  (and what Ex-D said too while I was typing this up!)

Well yes it's true that you have to go to PFT, then BFT training before your selected to do Helicopter training. I read that before about very experienced airplane pilots going to Helicopters...but your not a very experienced pilot comimg out of PFT, and BFT!! I guess people were hard on you because you had no profile, not because of your information that's about 80% right. ;)

For those wondering about the Lazer eye crap.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/33536.0.html

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/31590.0.html

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/16801.0.html

A little UFI.
I went from a V4 to  a V1 thanks to the surgery. And I am well on my way to that cushy aircrew job I always wanted. (non-pilot of course)

Edit: Laser / Lazer Guess you got me  :p

Spelled laser , as it is an acronym. Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.  ;)  Useless information of the day...

Congrats on the success of the correction, and best of luck with your new career choice!

lotion said:

From my experience around here on the boards, people generally look for either of two things, preferably both, before they take what you say as having any worth:

1 - Straight-up "in-lane" experience
2 - Research with references cited.  (That means if you are going to quote Transport Canada from a google search, at least provide the link to the TC document you are talking about.  Otherwise, I'm going to tell you that I researched and Transport Canada just changed the rules and now Cats and Dogs can be Aircrew, but only if Cats are the Pilot and Dogs are the Co-Pilot.)

It goes without saying that at least an attempt at proper grammar and use of the spell-check features for obvious errors goes a long way for credibility.

(Since you asked).

M.   

Update,

I have not gone to the CFRC yet but doing so on Wednesday.  Work is a bit crazy - had to fire one of our consultants yesterday (never a good thing) so that ate up a large chunk of my day.  Anyway - I will post my inital meeting results.

Cpl Jay

Hey folks,

I apologize for the absence.  I went to Vegas for a few days (all business of course).  I met with a CFRC rep on Thursday but of course I was a little rushed for time (work emergency).  He asked me to book a time for next week to have a face to face sit down which I am attempting to schedule.  He mentioned that he does not have ALL of the details regarding eyesight but will have documents ready for review when we meet.

Thanks,
CPL Jay

p.s On another note - saw the planes/terminal that the US Gov't uses to fly workers to Area 51 everyday, very weird to see unmarked Boeings fly in-out of Vegas constantly.  White planes with a red stripe running through the middle with no tail markers.  COOL!!

So, after all, are pilots much needed these days?  When I first applied 2.5 years ago AF pilot jobs were posted in job bank.  What is the demography now?  Any chance I will actually land meaningful employment?  My security clearance went through just a few days ago hence I am back here asking questions.

Regarding fixed wing pilot flying helicopter - I am very low time pilot and I had a chance to try R22 a few days ago.  Not only that I enjoyed the flight,  I found cruising helo is similar to fixed wing, hovering was wobbly of course but I had fun nevertheless.  I guess there is a reason for a huge credit to commercial fixed wing pilots taking up commercial helicopter training, their flying time requirements are cut down to almost half.  Until a few days ago all I was thinking is fast jets.  Now I do not care, it is all good.

The pilot trade is closed!! They even closed Trenton for ACS recruiting for a while now! :rage:

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.?"

Stay focused, continue with your life, but stay focused on your goal. Joining the CF is the easiest phase of training. Provided things work out there will be many more stressful times along the path to wings. A friend of mine pulled out our old platoon shirt everyone makes in St. Jean. Of the 20 pilots names on the back of the shirt, 10 have made it past PFT and Moose Jaw. So even if you get in, there are no guarantees.

It is important to understand that wings are not a measure of who you are- but stay focused, dream big and work harder.

Bograt said:
"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.?"

Stay focused, continue with your life, but stay focused on your goal. Joining the CF is the easiest phase of training. Provided things work out there will be many more stressful times along the path to wings. A friend of mine pulled out our old platoon shirt everyone makes in St. Jean. Of the 20 pilots names on the back of the shirt, 10 have made it past PFT and Moose Jaw. So even if you get in, there are no guarantees.

It is important to understand that wings are not a measure of who you are- but stay focused, dream big and work harder.

Bograt, thats pretty good drop out rate.  What is happening, generally?  If you can elaborate a little bit.  Is it intensity of training program?  Life in CF or what?  I cannot see any problem if I ever join, in fact the biggest obstacle I see is an interview in a few days ahead of me and board decision - i.e.  things a do not have control over, everything else is doable, is it not?

weiss said:
Is it intensity of training program? 

Pilot training in the CF is one of the most task-intensive, stressful and complicate trades that exists.  Cases of failure is not uncommon, most times the weaker candidates are phased out earlier on - some make it to within one flight of their Wings Grad and are removed at that point.  The interview at the CFRC is pretty much a non-event in the whole scheme of things.  I can't even remember any of the questions asked - I remember almost every flight and all the tests that I had to endure in my 2.5 years in training.

weiss said:
I cannot see any problem if I ever join, in fact the biggest obstacle I see is an interview in a few days ahead of me and board decision - i.e.  things a do not have control over, everything else is doable, is it not?

Thanks, you made me laugh this morning. It is humorous to see such naivety. Please don't misinterpret my response as arrogance or an affront to your flying abilities. What you are contemplating as a career choice is extremely challenging regardless of your background. Last week a friend of mine was CT'd. He had a degree from a recognized aviation college in Canada and had over 1000 hrs of time with a small charter company in Atlantic Canada. I am also aware of a former Pakistani mirage pilot who immigrated to Canada and later joined the CF as a Pilot. He was immediately placed in Phase 3 in Moose Jaw, only to be recoursed to Phase 2. He was later selected to go multi. He failed out.

There are no cocky pilots after Moose Jaw. It is beaten out of them and replaced with humble confidence.

Good luck, and as I said before joining is the easiest step.

Bograt said:
There are no cocky pilots after Moose Jaw. It is beaten out of them and replaced with humble confidence.

:rofl:

Wait until you get operational unit. Trust me.........

Short answer to my question was - it is intencity and complexity of training program.  I am glad I made someone laugh meanwhile.  By the way, I was never cocky, all I am saying drop out rate didn't change my mind at all.  And, board decision is not under my control, while my performance during flying lessons is. 

Back