• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aircrew Selection/ACS (Merged)

It is a possibility, but I would wager you being a DEO entry would have a pilot offer, not air ops. I'm an ROTP entry who only has 1 year left, and at my swearing in last week I specifically signed a contract for Pilot, not any sort of ambiguous entry. You could always call your CFRC for a direct answer.

Thanks for the reply.  I'm actually an ROTP applicant with 1 year left of university as well.  I have ASC coming up in July so I'll just worry about passing that before I worry about what kind of offer I get.  Thanks again!

Jeff

It's really an individual thing. I was supposed to have signed an "air ops" contract, but I failed the air nav exam and that leaves only Aerospace Control Officer and Pilot in the air ops category. My career-counselor officer at my CFRC switched it to be a Pilot contract specifically, so it may be different for each person. The answer to your "what about in my case" questions can only get a real answer from your CFRC... and even then you might not get a full answer haha. ;)

DaveTee said:
Hi, anyone going to trenton for ACS the week of june 18th, 2008?

Good luck DaveTree, it sure is an experience. :)

The accomodations are great. Foods great. You'll have a good time.

Be sure to check out the museum too.

I picked up my ticket/information last week but was not given anything that resembled medical files, I was under the impression that I would be delivering my own files to Trenton? Did anyone else not take their own files with them?

whitehead said:
I picked up my ticket/information last week but was not given anything that resembled medical files, I was under the impression that I would be delivering my own files to Trenton? Did anyone else not take their own files with them?

Go back and talk to you CFRC. The ASC loading message is rather clear about what to bring.

Apparently the scuttle butt is that an FE in Yellowknife has been "promoted" to OCDT and will be riding the Ops desk this summer at 440 Sqn while OJT.

canuck,

Recently, I contacted my MCC to find out what the strategic intake plan for CEOTP Pilots looked like for 08-09 because I had been waiting a long time to receive an ASC date. From what I understand, they have really cut back on the amount of people they are accepting for Pilot: 21 total for this year. Now, I don't know if that was 21 for CEOTP or 21 total. From what I have learned on this site, there were 5 CEOTP positions available to NCMs this year. As he explained it, they were looking to cut back on the amount of untrained Pilots coming through the door because of the current backlog.

Now, before you push the panic button, I would contact your MCC to confirm that those numbers are true. I, like you, was wondering why I hadn't heard anything for a while and that was when I learned about the low intake for Pilots this year from my MCC. Maybe somebody can chime in and confirm or correct those numbers. Either way, good luck. It is all speculation, but maybe that is why you haven't heard anything yet.

Moody, those number seem correct as that is what I seen on the website. I just got my conditional offer and was wondering if anyone else had as well.

Moody,

My CFRC confirms that the numbers are pretty low with about 21 for DEO and very low numbers for NCM CEOTP. I wouldn't be surprised if all the slots are taken now. I know it's bad news, but just hang in there if you want pilot.

ANav had really low numbers as well. 15 DEO in total... I have no clue about CEOTP numbers. 

My mistake Canuck; I thought you were wondering why you hadn't heard anything. Congrats & good luck!
I wouldn't be surprised if all the slots are taken now.
According to my MCC, they have reached their intake for this fiscal.
I know it's bad news, but just hang in there if you want pilot.
It's not that bad; I'm in the Reserves and I fly on the weekend so I get a bit of both worlds. Now, if I couldn't fly for some reason, that would be different.

I've been given a offer for air operations conditional on successfully completing ACS.  I'll be attending ACS soon, and being quite tall (6'4"), I'm naturally worried about the anthropometric requirements, i.e. sitting height, etc. 

The Jet Ranger cockpit seems to be one of the smallest, so my question is, if the computer decides that I can't fit in the Jet Ranger cockpit (or another aircraft), but I can fit in everything else, including the Grob, Harvard II, etc. would I still be accepted/considered for Pilot.  Is it necessary to fit in all cockpits or would I just be placed into one of the other two streams when the time came?

There is no need to fit in all the cockpits. they will tell you which you're not suited for.

For instance, if you fit the hornet, but not the harvard or hawk, then you cant fly the hornet. :(

Back