• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aircrew Selection/ACS (Merged)

I know that internal applicant CEOTP's are going through right now (me included) and if we pass the ASC and pass the selection board that MET last month, we change our uniforms over and report to our given flight line to begin OJT and wait for the next BFT.  Maybe that has affected the number of open spots for external ROTP and CEOTP apps.

2fly said:
I know that internal applicant CEOTP's are going through right now (me included) and if we pass the ASC and pass the selection board that MET last month, we change our uniforms over and report to our given flight line to begin OJT and wait for the next BFT.  Maybe that has affected the number of open spots for external ROTP and CEOTP apps.

I don't know if that is the case; I applied for a CT from the Reserves. It could be that you are simply more competitive than I am for example and received an ASC date.

I was suspecting so since the CEOTP CT's that are currently loaded on the 28th ASC (8 of us) are from all across Canada (Pet, Cold Lake, Yellowknife, Victoria, etc).  When I spoke with the coordinator, he said that the selection board is meeting again after the ASC to select from the people that pass.  When I told him that there where 7 applicants for this years CEOTP from Victoria and only 2 made it to the 28th ASC he said that it is more than likely there will be another ASC running in June with more CEOTP's on it.  With that being said, he said the selected people may not hear until well after the June ASC.  Sucks for us since we have had our apps in since the January cut off... More waiting and I don't know if the current ones going on the 28th are the top of the selection board list or not...  Argg... Gotta love it.  ???

I received my tickets and medical files today.

Im leaving nanaimo on the 26th, then departing vancouver on the 910 flight number 34 to toronto.  anyone else on that flight?

When I spoke with the coordinator, he said that the selection board is meeting again after the ASC to select from the people that pass.

This doesnt apply to ROTP does it? For ROTP they dont have a selection board till after the 1st year of school right?

I dont know my flight yet, my clerk is booking it tomorrow.  Don't worry about the selection board etc.  That is only for current members changing trades through CEOTP.  I'll let you know flight info when I get it.

Corey Darling said:
This doesnt apply to ROTP does it? For ROTP they dont have a selection board till after the 1st year of school right?

Unless it has changed in the past year, wrong. I was enrolled and did IAP BEFORE my first year of Civvy-U, which I am just finishing up now.
  Then again, I did my ASC time in March, so there was time to enroll me and everything before summer courses. It might be cutting it a little bit close now and you might get pushed back to next summer, but that's just speculation. Good luck.

Hi Corey,

I will see you in Trenton.  My flight (WestJet) has us landing in Toronto 1543 hrs (L) and getting on the bus to Trenton at 1900.  I am flying back to Victoria on Saturday 3 May 08 - 1306 hrs (L) - Westjet.  Have a good flight and try not to get too worked up about the CAPSS.  :brickwall:

^^

You too :)

and try not to get too worked up about the CAPSS. 

I'll try lol. Im going up for a refresher flight this wed. just to get used to a yoke again. been using a computer joystick for too long lol

Cya there :D

Good luck all.

whitehead said:
Has anybody else been booked in for May 26th-30th?

Hello, welcome to the site.  Are you?  Are you ROTP, CEOTP and if CEOTP are you a current member (internal) or are you a civi?

2fly said:
Hello, welcome to the site.  Are you?  Are you ROTP, CEOTP and if CEOTP are you a current member (internal) or are you a civi?

Yes, I am.
I'm a civi ROTP applicant

whitehead said:
I'm a civi ROTP applicant

Congrats on being selected for the ASC, one more building block out of the way.  :D  I have not heard of anyone for the dates you mentioned, I only know of 18 from each of the three weeks prior.

Hey Guys,

The recruiting center in Vancouver called me about 3 weeks ago to let me know I had been selected to go to ASC as a civy ROTP applicant.  When can I expect a booking for ASC?  How long does it typically take after you make it past the first hurdle?

Jeff

Call them immediately and ask for the next open selection weeks. Pick your top 3 which you are available for.

They will schedual you on one of those 3. But you have to call them first to let them know when your available.  It can be about 1-2 months before you get your date.

Congrats :)

Corey

tiger2099 said:
And even if you pass Aircrew AND Airnav in Trenton, dont expect to be offered a contract, especially if your ROTP.

Hi all,

First of all, this forum has been very informative and I am especially appreciative of those of you with previous experience and particular knowledge on the subject for sharing with the rest of us.

I have applied for pilot as a direct entry officer (I already have a degree) and was recently given a conditional offer of employment, conditional, of course, on my passing air crew selection and the medicals in Toronto.  I was told by my recruiter that I would begin BOTC (or whatever it's called today) on August 17th if I passed air crew selection (July 7 to 11).  Does this mean I've already been given an offer for pilot?  I am asking because I was excited about the opportunity, but after reading some of the posts it has become obvious that passing ACS doesn't necessarily mean you are in.  On the other hand, most posts seem to refer to ROTP applicants.

Thanks in Advance

ShaneOB said:
Hi all,

First of all, this forum has been very informative and I am especially appreciative of those of you with previous experience and particular knowledge on the subject for sharing with the rest of us.

I have applied for pilot as a direct entry officer (I already have a degree) and was recently given a conditional offer of employment, conditional, of course, on my passing air crew selection and the medicals in Toronto.  I was told by my recruiter that I would begin BOTC (or whatever it's called today) on August 17th if I passed air crew selection (July 7 to 11).  Does this mean I've already been given an offer for pilot?  I am asking because I was excited about the opportunity, but after reading some of the posts it has become obvious that passing ACS doesn't necessarily mean you are in.  On the other hand, most posts seem to refer to ROTP applicants.

Thanks in Advance

A conditional offer is a offer, and you seem to have a grasp on the conditions. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether you've been given an offer for pilot or "air ops" for which they'll wait to see how you do on BOTC and then give you an offer for Pilot, AirNav, or AEC. But to be fair, I think this is only done for ROTP, not DEO, so I would say you're in good shape for pilot, hopefully someone else can confirm that. Congrats on getting an offer.

Aren't you selected for an occupation before attending BOTC?  On the Air Force website, it says "Phase I. Basic Officer Training: Upon selection into the Pilot occupation, you will be enrolled in the Canadian Forces as an Officer Cadet and will then proceed to the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, for a six week Initial Assessment Period (IAP) and then a seven week Basic Officer Training Course (BOTC). " 

BarthJD said:
  Aren't you selected for an occupation before attending BOTC?  On the Air Force website, it says "Phase I. Basic Officer Training: Upon selection into the Pilot occupation, you will be enrolled in the Canadian Forces as an Officer Cadet and will then proceed to the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, for a six week Initial Assessment Period (IAP) and then a seven week Basic Officer Training Course (BOTC). " 

This has changed recently, at least for ROTP. Most now are enrolled as say "Air Operations" or "Land Support" and then are assigned a trade after their IAP/BOTP and first year of subsidized education. However, I'm not sure how or if this applies to DEO or the other entry programs.

Oh okay... I was given a conditional offer for air operations even though I'm only applying for pilot.  Does this mean I could be offered Air Nav or something else even if I didn't list it as an occupation choice.  By the way, I'm an ROTP applicant with only 1 year left of university.

Cheers,

Jeff

BarthJD said:
Oh okay... I was given a conditional offer for air operations even though I'm only applying for pilot.  Does this mean I could be offered Air Nav or something else even if I didn't list it as an occupation choice.  By the way, I'm an ROTP applicant with only 1 year left of university.

Cheers,

Jeff

It's a possibility.

Back