• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aircrew Selection/ACS (Merged)

glider742, you are with RC Ottawa? I see that you have been accepted, but have you gone to trenton yet? thanks again for your post

oh okay!! that's pretty exciting!! good for you. Are you planning on attending RMC in Sept?

z27 said:
oh okay!! that's pretty exciting!! good for you. Are you planning on attending RMC in Sept?
Yeah i was accepted for sept 2008, pm me if u have any other Q

very nice!! i was accepted for sept 2008 also. however, i haven't gone to ASC. wish me luck!!:D haha. thanks for all your help.

ps- what year are you going to be in, in sept 2008? if you don't mind me asking.

z27 said:
ps- what year are you going to be in, in sept 2008? if you don't mind me asking.

IIRC, everyone who starts at RMC is in first year. Even if you credits from another school, there's no skipping FYOP  ;)

really? you can't be transferred in second or third year??

There was one guy on my IAP course that had completed university. He received NO transfer credits of anykind.

However, one of our "pod-mates" completed CEGEP  (I think that's the correct acronym) and he received some transfers.

Hit and miss I guess...

Does any one know how long it usually takes for the aircrew medical results?

I just got mine back a few days ago and I did ASC the last week of February. The medical officer at my CFRC said they usually tell you on the spot whether you pass or fail. Basically no news is good news (a guy in my group was told he failed on the spot), so don't worry about it.

ok thanks alot i did mine mid-feb so if they havent called me to say i fail, i'll take it as good news

I applied for CEOTP and am currently in the Navy.  So I am not going through the recruiting center.  I am booked on the ASC at the end of April (this month).  Out of the 7 members from Esquimalt that applied for CEOTP, only two of us where booked on that ASC.  We still do not have any acceptance offers but the selection board was supposed to be meeting in March.  I hope to hear soon.

With respect to the medical, I had to go through the basic aircrew medical pre-screen then the med docs sent to Toronto.  When a person passes the ASC and goes to Trenton, what extra medical screening is done?

Thanks,
Gary

2fly said:
When a person passes the ASC and goes to Trenton, what extra medical screening is done?

It should be covered in detail on these forums, but to get you started, I remember breathing (lung capacity, etc) hearing, and cognitive tests, and EKG (or ECG, I don't know the difference) and an ultrasound of my chest.

benny88 said:
  It should be covered in detail on these forums, but to get you started, I remember breathing (lung capacity, etc) hearing, and cognitive tests, and EKG (or ECG, I don't know the difference) and an ultrasound of my chest.

Apparently the cognitive test has been phased out. When I went through the medicals @ DRDC, the computer crashed three separate times while attempting to complete the cognitive test. After the third time, the Petty Officer said, "don't worry about it, you don't need to do it".

A few weeks later, I heard that it had been phased out.

Obviously only someone who has been through the aircrew medicals in the last few weeks or so can comment accurately on whether or not it has been phased out.

2fly said:
With respect to the medical, I had to go through the basic aircrew medical pre-screen then the med docs sent to Toronto.  When a person passes the ASC and goes to Trenton, what extra medical screening is done?

Thanks,
Gary

Pilot/Navigator applicants assessed at CMB undergo additional screening as follows:
EEG (only if considered relevant due to medical history);
Pulmonary function (FVC, FEV1, MEF 50 and MEF 75 routinely plus nitrogen washout, diffusing capacity, pre and post bronchodilator and methacholine challenge as indicated);
M-mode, two dimensional echocardiography and Doppler (Pilot applicants only);
Anthropometry (seated height, thigh length and leg length);
ECG;
Chest x-ray;
Corneal topography; and
Cog Screen.

http://www.toronto.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/medical/glfs_e.html

I hope this helps.

Back