• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Afghan Dollars

ra2xz

Inactive
Reaction score
Sorry, but i couldnt find a proper place to post this but I am stuck with about $30,000 Afghanis. There is no bank in Halifax that will convert them back for me. Does anyone know the best way to work this out?

Help will be appreciated.

Try the airport and both Deltas claim to have a curency exchange service.

http://www.10best.com/Halifax/Hotels_and_Lodging/Best_Hotels_and_Lodging/index.html

Or contact these guys:

http://www.travelex.com/ca/personal/SU_yourcurrency.asp?content=su

I can't tell you where to get it exchanged, but I can tell you that you'll get around $637.00 CAD for it.

HOWEVER most international airports have kiosks that will echange almost any currency. I was able to exchange Canadian for Hungarian Florint last summer before heading to Budapest for a wedding.

Yeah, I know, sounds great but no one will touch it, apphently its a restricted currency atm. Thanks for the help.

Please feel free to lock the topic.

Another idea is to see if a buddy that is headed over will buy it off of you.

Have you tried the Exchange place at Halifax Airport?

I wouldn't mind some Afghan dollars for my collection. And I'm in the area.
Drop me a PM.

Regards,
TN2IC

Check with your bank.
They can accept it on consignment - send it out for you... for a price.

ra2xz said:
Sorry, but i couldnt find a proper place to post this but I am stuck with about $30,000 Afghanis. There is no bank in Halifax that will convert them back for me. Does anyone know the best way to work this out?

Help will be appreciated.

I shouldn't laugh at your predicament, but your post looked just like one of those Nigerian scams that hit my machine every morning.

"Dearest One,

Please in the hope you can help this God fearing soul. My father was taken prisoner, but before he was, he deposited in our Swiss bank 30,000 Afghani. If you could find it in your heart............................ :rofl:"

Really, I'm sorry. The best adivce was given, go to your bank and see what they suggest.

Never thought I would see a money laundering thread on army.ca!

;D

Give the big denomination ones to a stripper. They will love you.....till they find out the exchange rate ;D

30 bucks Canadian! You could use all those Afghanis to buy a case of cheap beer.

How did you come into ownership of that much cash? It's not used in any FOBs or in KAF/ BAF or any camp for that matter.

Just curious.

This might sound odd, but try and find a person on the east coast who is set to deploy and make a deal with them. 

Talk to whoever is your BOR's task manager to see if they'll point you in the right direction toward a name, or get in touch with one of the local reserve units. 

Make a weekend out of it and hit Gagetown. 

Just a thought.

Back