• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Affair babies: Twins have different fathers?

CougarKing

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
What the...?

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?rn=222561&cl=13535955&ch=222562

... wow

that sounds like something straight off of Maury Povich.

*not like I watch Maury Povich or anything like that.*

It's rare but possible for a woman to ovulate while pregnant, resulting in twins that are a month apart in gestational age.

FrostyHazard said:
How is that even possible?

They are fraternal twins, not identical.  There were two ova in her uterus, one was fertilized by one father, one by the other.  In contrast identical twins are caused when there is only one ova, and it divides after fertilization has occurred.  I would theorize that both fertilizations would have had to occur fairly close together.  While fraternal twins by two fathers are definitely uncommon, they are fairly common by one. If, at the time of fertilization, there are two ova in the uterus.  Often these twins come out looking quite different. 

I would have LOVED to have been a fly on the wall when the doctors told the happy couple the news.

The moral of this story is:  Don't have a bloody affair!  If you must have an affair use a condom.

I know of a case of this happening up in Prince George around 2001. The two kids were definitely fathered by different men. The skin colour didn't lie.

VIChris said:
I know of a case of this happening up in Prince George around 2001. The two kids were definitely fathered by different men. The skin colour didn't lie.

Interestingly enough, with an interracial couple it is possible to have fraternal twins, both by the same father, with different skin colours.

It is extremely rare, but there is an example here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1035939/Pictured-Proud-parents-million-black-white-twins.html

They seemed like good people...

Honestly this ranks right up there with the show "I didn't know I was pregnant"..The one where women go 9 months and suddenly go into labour and don't have a freakin clue.

Honestly next year I'm expecting a cross between I didn't know I was pregnant and the deadliest catch.

This world baffles me.

X-mo-1979 said:
They seemed like good people...

Honestly this ranks right up there with the show "I didn't know I was pregnant"..The one where women go 9 months and suddenly go into labour and don't have a freakin clue.

You do know there are women who have bleeding (but not a real period) for the entire pregnancy and gain very little weight, right?  I admit, it's rare but it does happen.  Without significant body changes or symptoms such as morning sickness, a women could very well not know that she is pregnant.

Your Total Health

PMedMoe said:
You do know there are women who have bleeding (but not a real period) for the entire pregnancy and gain very little weight, right?  I admit, it's rare but it does happen.  Without significant body changes or symptoms such as morning sickness, a women could very well not know that she is pregnant.

Your Total Health

Nope sure didn't.
However American TV with nothing but the largest people who have what sounds like a grade 2 education is what I've been seeing.
Society is on the decline.

X-mo-1979 said:
Nope sure didn't.
However American TV with nothing but the largest people who have what sounds like a grade 2 education is what I've been seeing.
Society is on the decline.

And you do know that all those "talk" shows deliberately choose people like that (most of them are actually actors) to boost ratings?  ::)

Actually its a reality series!
I do not lie.
I can't remember what station it is on,I don't watch television.But I have walked in on it when my wife was.Un freakin real.

Talk shows, reality shows, same difference.  The reality shows are recycling their people, too.

Lil_T said:
that sounds like something straight off of Maury Povich.
*not like I watch Maury Povich or anything like that.*

I think it was. According to Wikipedia:
On his talk show, Maury Povich once discovered that a man was the father of one twin and not the other. The alleged father did a cartwheel after hearing each test result. Povich asked the mother, somewhat in disgust, "Do you know how close in time you must have had sex with two different men for this to happen?"

mariomike said:
I think it was. According to Wikipedia:
On his talk show, Maury Povich once discovered that a man was the father of one twin and not the other. The alleged father did a cartwheel after hearing each test result. Povich asked the mother, somewhat in disgust, "Do you know how close in time you must have had sex with two different men for this to happen?"

I like the "somewhat in disgust" part!! 

Back