• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advice for women on BMQ and other courses [MERGED]

To get an exempt status they add together all four scores from grip, run, push-ups, and sit-ups.  You can't just get exempt in one part of the test eg. the shuttle run.  At least that's how it was last time I did my testing.

RCDtpr said:
To get an exempt status they add together all four scores from grip, run, push-ups, and sit-ups.  You can't just get exempt in one part of the test eg. the shuttle run.  At least that's how it was last time I did my testing.

thats how it is. For example, for me to get exempt i need level 8 on the run and a combined score of 162 for the rest.

RCDtpr said:

That is good info to know, thank you. It would appear that I need a level 5 on the beep and a "99" on the rest to be exempt. Do you (and Cdn Aviator, I'm including you on this question, too) know how that score is calculated?

Celticgirl said:
That is good info to know, thank you. It would appear that I need a level 5 on the beep and a "99" on the rest to be exempt. Do you (and Cdn Aviator, I'm including you on this question, too) know how that score is calculated?

They add up the left hand grip, the right hand grip, the number of pushups and the number of situps you do. Simple as that.

CDN Aviator said:
They add up the left hand grip, the right hand grip, the number of pushups and the number of situps you do. Simple as that.

Seen. Thanks! :)

Hey kawigirl, I just wanted to mention that I took your advice re: regular conditioner and it worked very, very well! A little slippery trying to get my swim cap on, but the end result was well worth it. 8)

Hey Celticgirl,
I'm glad you tried it and it worked for you, one other hair care tip....go into the sauna or steam room after your swim too. Double the benefits. Now off topic, I filled out my security form when I first enrolled, then when I got sent my joining information package , there was another one to fill in. This one asks for the last 10 years of residence and everyone in your family, mom, dad, brothers, and sisters (inlaws, step and half) place of employment and address. Then I don't know how true this is, but I was told that when I get sworn in I have to fill it out again???? I just photocopied the last one and I will take it with me. But wow!! lots of paperwork (repeats).
Anyways have a great night,
Kawigirl :cdn:

kawigirl said:
Hey Celticgirl,
I'm glad you tried it and it worked for you, one other hair care tip....go into the sauna or steam room after your swim too. Double the benefits. Now off topic, I filled out my security form when I first enrolled, then when I got sent my joining information package , there was another one to fill in. This one asks for the last 10 years of residence and everyone in your family, mom, dad, brothers, and sisters (inlaws, step and half) place of employment and address. Then I don't know how true this is, but I was told that when I get sworn in I have to fill it out again???? I just photocopied the last one and I will take it with me. But wow!! lots of paperwork (repeats).
Anyways have a great night,
Kawigirl :cdn:

There is no sauna or steam room where I swim. lol  :p  As for the security forms, we were told different things. I was told that after having filled out the more extensive 10-year form early due to having lived in Asia, the "good news" is that I wouldn't have to do it later.

Celticgirl said:
........ I was told that after having filled out the more extensive 10-year form early due to having lived in Asia, the "good news" is that I wouldn't have to do it later.

WRONG!  I hope you kept all that information.  You will have to redo it every five or ten years, depending on what level of Security Clearance you attain.

George Wallace said:
WRONG!  I hope you kept all that information.  You will have to redo it every five or ten years, depending on what level of Security Clearance you attain.

Let me clarify. They told me that I would have to do it again in the future, as you said, but not this year. What kawigirl said is that she was told she'd have to redo it upon being sworn in. I wasn't told that. I was told I was good for a number of years. They were nice enough to give me a disk to keep my information on, though, so that when I did have to fill out the form again in future years, I'd still have the info.

Celticgirl,
You are so lucky, they gave you a disk..I had to photocopy mine and I now have about 3 copies of it in my filing cabinet..LOL! One good thing is that most of my information and my husbands' information is the same, so if for some reason I loose mine I can use his ;)! Oh off topic, the small Timmy's tea thing...Yah well I scrapped that becauses I bought a large tea yesterday and I forgot about it, so I went to reheat it in the microwave, but first dumped it into a regular mug and it fit!! So long story short you can order a large coffee or tea as it is the same size as you would have at home... ::),
HAve a great day....
Kawigirl  :cdn:

1 push-up ????? are you going thru basic???? i believe 24 is the minium ...to join...the cf ...then again
i could be wrong....but 1 ?????

wildman0101 said:
i believe 24 is the minium ...to join...the cf ...then again i could be wrong....

All one has to do is pass the ExPres test for the military.

Hey Wildman,
There is a certain amount of pushups that you do have to do on your fitness test, but that depends on your age and sex. And you dont have to do 24 to get in. For me I only have to do 7. And I am not on basic yet, but I will be in June. Hense this "Girls in the gym" forum, so anybody can give tips on the shuttle run, pushups, sit ups nutrition, and as you can see swimming tips. Every little bit helps. So you could give your advice on how to do efficient pushups!!! ;)

Have a great day,

George Wallace said:

Great topic and discussion ladies et al.  In fact, once you are in the CF you do not have to re-do the Security Clearance Info, it is stored to an on-line program (Security Clearance Processing System on the Provost Martial Site) once and then only verified every 5 or 10 years. You may retain a copy for future reference but you do not have to resubmit for renewal.

kawigirl said:
Hey Wildman,
There is a certain amount of pushups that you do have to do on your fitness test, but that depends on your age and sex. And you dont have to do 24 to get in. For me I only have to do 7. And I am not on basic yet, but I will be in June. Hense this "Girls in the gym" forum, so anybody can give tips on the shuttle run, pushups, sit ups nutrition, and as you can see swimming tips. Every little bit helps. So you could give your advice on how to do efficient pushups!!! ;)

Have a great day,

That maybe the min to do to get in but be prepared to do more than that on your courses, you are expected by Course Staff to be able to do the same amount as your male counter parts.

So my advice as an Instructor is to try and achieve the male standard as a min.

Frostnipped Elf said:
Great topic and discussion ladies et al.  In fact, once you are in the CF you do not have to re-do the Security Clearance Info, it is stored to an on-line program (Security Clearance Processing System on the Provost Martial Site) once and then only verified every 5 or 10 years. You may retain a copy for future reference but you do not have to resubmit for renewal.

One has to remember that this is an electronic database and subject to whatever quirks the program running it may have.  KEEP your copy, so that you will only have to update it when necessary later.  If you require that information for another Government Dept or another Clearance other than DND, you will have it.  As I work with this system, I have come across one or two glitches.  It is always best to back up all your "Records" with copies at home.  (Not just the Security Clearance info, but your Pay, Course Reports, CF Expres, Posting Msgs, Education, etc.)

NFLD Sapper said:
George, isn't that info also held in hard copy on your PERS file?

No. Your Security Clearance is not held in your Pers File.  Your Pay Records are in their own separate Files.  Crse Reports, Education Crses, Outside CF Crses taken are (if the pers bring in their Certification to be photocopied and added to Pers Files.) kept on Pers Files.  Conduct Sheets should be kept with Pers Files.  A copy of your CF Expres should be, but often isn't, kept on your Pers File.  UERs are often not updated, and are not kept with the Pers Files.

It is always best to keep your own file at home, so that if there is any errors or omissions, you have something to back up your claims.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programs......

Hi NFLD Sapper,
I was only saying that for a females express test to pass we only need to do 7 if your over 35 and 9 if you are under 35. For myself I can do the run, the situps and the grip test but I struggle with the pushups. Myself, Celticgirl and a few other people in the room are trying to increase our pushups, it is just hard. And we do understand that in basic we do more than the minimum, but if that is all you can do, then that's all you can do. At least we passed our PT test. If you have any advice on how to improve pushups please feel free to share your wisdom.

Thanks, Kawigirl  :cdn:

Back