• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advice for women on BMQ and other courses [MERGED]

Needless to say it did not produce the same  "oh my god! How do I get it to stop?!?" responce from the Sgt

Id say the closest was in the early '80's on a YTEP program.  Suddenly, for no apparent reason, the guy at the back of the class stood up and said "I cant take it anymore! I freakin out man!".  Never seen again of course. 

That seem fast for people that went through the entire process of recruitment...

Well, one of the guys was extremely obese and couldn't even do one pushup, and the other had trouble walking up the stairs with a rucksack. Oddly enough both of them we're going into the infantry. ::)

Hey we have a bunch of guys that came over for 1-08 and now say they can't shoot at people so its better to be quick then wait until your called on it.

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
Hey we have a bunch of guys that came over for 1-08 and now say they can't shoot at people so its better to be quick then wait until your called on it.

Pure curiosity, mind qualifying "a bunch"... Is that like 2, or like 50?

at least 3.  3 to many.  I've been in another organization and just got back recently so there I've been out of the loop for a bit.  that's all I know and I hope that's all their is.

Who processes these people? (Rhetorical question)
Arent recruiters supposed to weed out the ones who have limited chance of success?  (Sarcasm)
Or did they have degrees so they got sent to the front of the line? (Actual question)

GreyMatter said:
Who processes these people? (Rhetorical question)
Arent recruiters supposed to weed out the ones who have limited chance of success?  (Sarcasm)
Or did they have degrees so they got sent to the front of the line? (Actual question)

1) Their CoC, Padres, Social Workers, etc when they DAG;
2) Recruiters have nothing to do with deployments, the DAG process is for this (the mbrs apparently failed to mention this tidbit at DAG);
3) What in the world does having a degree (or not) have to do with deployment problems?

In answering this, I am assuming that you were asking questions based on Lone Wolf Quagmire's post.  ???

Greymatter I'm not a recruiter so I've got no idea. But I recall one member stating that the interview only took about 10 minutes, which in my own opinion seems pitiful if it's true. As for the people that are really out of shape, I've got no clue how they ever could have passed the physical unless they were exempt somehow.

From my limited experience, I've always found most of the women to perform admirably when faced with most challenges. If anything I think that greater diversity in the forces is an asset, as long as it doesn't result in a general decay of the CF.

BTW, from what I knew about them they didn't have any post secondary.

To my knowledge (please correct me if i'm wrong) Canada's is the only major western or western style military, apart from Israel, that allows women into certain fields like infantry and special forces.  Considering the fact that one of the CANSOFCOM members who got decorated just a few days ago was a woman, i'd say that the women in the CF certainly seem to be holding their own and kicking a$$ :salute:.  Seem to me that the Canadian military is years ahead of the Americans and Brits in this regard, another example of what a world leader this nation can be when it puts its mind to it. :cdn:

Man, I don't know why this question was even posted in the first place, let alone 51 pages of responses!!!

If you're watching my back when we're in the field, I don't give a rat's ass about your plumbing, as long as you're gonna pull that trigger when the time comes!

There shouldn't be any double standard. I believe we can treat everyone equally, as for working with women i had a few bad experiences ranging from crying to mo stress resistance. Well, those things get to my nerve, it's personal.

But we're speaking in combat arms?...gender can't be a criteria. Maybe make a women only infantry unit, would make more sense.

SiG_22_Qc said:
There shouldn't be any double standard. I believe we can treat everyone equally, as for working with women i had a few bad experiences ranging from crying to mo stress resistance. Well, those things get to my nerve, it's personal.

But we're speaking in combat arms?...gender can't be a criteria. Maybe make a women only infantry unit, would make more sense.

Ummm... and you haven't had that experience with some men/boys before?

An all woman infantry unit?... Please - gimmie a break.
1st off... there aren't enough infantry qualified women @ all rank levels to fill a complete slate.

geo said:
Ummm... and you haven't had that experience with some men/boys before?

An all woman infantry unit?... Please - gimmie a break.
1st off... there aren't enough infantry qualified women @ all rank levels to fill a complete slate.

Exactly Geo, I've had men cry on courses I've taught but so far no women crying. As for the all woman infantry battalion, that's not even remotely feasable now or in the immediate future.

Back