• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

About the new uniforms and new kits

M

Mud Crawler

As anyone received the new unis or is it just another big fat lie from the CAF?

Are you referring to the new load carrying system and camoflauge combats? I‘m under the understanding that you won‘t see the stuff till you are posted to an operational unit.

-the patriot-

I mentioned on the majordomo service that LFWA units should be receiving the new CADPAT uniform in April 2001. The new boots are being trialed by 1 PPCLI. The new LCV and rucksack system are being trialed. A new DEU will soon complete trials and further issued in the future. I don‘t know about you but I have all my gortex gear issued to me (as of Apr 00) and I‘d be very surprised if everyone else has not been issued it yet or will be issued very shortly. The Army intends for roto 10 (SQFT - unknown which bn) will be in Bosnia with LAV III, TCCCS, CADPAT and the new LCV/Rucksack system mentioned above. I highly doubt that you have been in long enough to be so cynical about the kit that the army issues us with. Lots of good stuff is coming!

Does that include reservists in LFWA?

A friend of mine in Bosnia right now (Reg F engineers) tells me Roto 9 is scheduled to get the CANPAT uniforms.

I heard that the militia will get the cadpat from winter 2001 and forth, at least for the royal 22cd regiment, i dont know for the rest of Canada.By the way, if i live in Quebec am i destined to be stored in the 22cd for all my career because i would want to be part of the ppcli

Back