• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A weak NDP is bad news for the Conservatives

Remius

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
An interesting analysis by Eric Grenier about how a weak NDP is bad news for the Conservatives. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/grenier-conservatives-ndp-1.4912981

I'd be curious to see if the NDP might be able to replace Singh who essentially has become a lame duck.  No one really awesome comes to mind.

How so? He’s going to win his seat in Vangroovy area.  It’s not like the Cons will beat him there, they should thus give him support.  :stirpot: I don’t mind the guy, he’s got ideas and a platform that a decent number of people connect with. If Canada had proportional rep, he might be a king maker. Think about that ....
Jack Layton was a threat to the Libs and put Harper into power.

whiskey601 said:
How so? He’s going to win his seat in Vangroovy area.  It’s not like the Cons will beat him there, they should thus give him support.  :stirpot: I don’t mind the guy, he’s got ideas and a platform that a decent number of people connect with. If Canada had proportional rep, he might be a king maker. Think about that ....
Jack Layton was a threat to the Libs and put Harper into power.

Jack Layton appealed to Quebecers and had name recognition.

Jagmeet Singh does not have either. 

Nathan Cullen would have been a good choice for them, but they went for flash in the pan instead.

Hmmmm ...
Veteran New Democrat Svend Robinson is staging a political comeback in his British Columbia hometown, where he will run in the riding next to where NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh is vying for his first-ever federal seat.

Robinson, a contender in the 1995 NDP leadership race and Vancouver-area MP from 1979 to 2004, announced Tuesday that he plans to run for the party in Burnaby North—Seymour, home to the terminus of the Trans Mountain oil pipeline. As the only person vying for the nomination, Robinson is expected to be acclaimed as the NDP’s candidate there on Saturday.

The riding is currently held by Liberal MP Terry Beech.

Speaking to reporters outside his boyhood home in the riding, the 66-year-old said he is compelled to return to the political arena by “two huge crises”—climate change and expensive housing. He called for “radical changes” to transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy, and a “massive program” to build affordable housing for people who have been priced out of areas where they grew up.

“I feel a huge sense of urgency about what’s happening,” Robinson told the Star by phone on Tuesday.

“My experience, and it was a pretty long and solid parliamentary career, hopefully that can help to contribute to the next (NDP) caucus.” ...
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe next leader???

Stay tuned ...

:pop:

ModlrMike said:
Tire fire, meet match.

Speaking of tire fires...

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-clueless-singh-strikes-out-on-lob-ball-question-about-chinas-ambassador-accusing-canada-of-white-supremacy

This keeps getting better. The Liberal candidate just shat the bed hard and is resigning as a candidate over some dumb stuff she said. Singh will probably win his seat and tow this crippled train into the election.

Back