• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

I think if they're going to hold him to his contract for 18 months, they'll likely have to pay his 1.6+ mil/month salary.

I think if they're going to hold him to his contract for 18 months, they'll likely have to pay his 1.6+ mil/month salary.
Yes they would. A lot of this depends on the terms of the contract. Employment law in the US runs a bit different from here (constructive dismissal v constructive discharge) but conceivably, with the right terms in place, if they continued to pay him he might be bound not to work elsewhere even for free for the rest of his contract term. If he did he could be in breach of his contract and forfeit future payments.

Usually an employer will settle for a lump sum to get rid of the relationship. Here there might be alternate motives at play. Time will tell.

🍻

Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov is upset about Tucker’s firing. For some reason.

I cannot possibly see why he would be angry.

cbc laughing GIF by Kim's Convenience

Correct but it means he isn’t dragging his audience with him and will be silent during the campaign

Yes they would. A lot of this depends on the terms of the contract. Employment law in the US runs a bit different from here
State to State employment law varies significantly.
It would be curious to know which state has jurisdiction for the contract.

Generally fired means you’re done and the contract has been invalidated by the employer. So the question I would ask was he actually terminated, or just removed from the air, and is still employed by Fox

(constructive dismissal v constructive discharge) but conceivably, with the right terms in place, if they continued to pay him he might be bound not to work elsewhere even for free for the rest of his contract term. If he did he could be in breach of his contract and forfeit future payments.

Usually an employer will settle for a lump sum to get rid of the relationship. Here there might be alternate motives at play. Time will tell.

🍻
I suspect Fox could easily get out of the contract, should they chose. The interesting question to me is why aren’t they (if they haven’t actually done so and we just don’t know.) If he’s still on payroll, I’m not sure their motives are.

This is all about removing the influential opinions/voices ahead of the next election. And before anyone says “But Don Lemon!”, he hurt the establishment more than helped them.

Correct but it means he isn’t dragging his audience with him and will be silent during the campaign
I watched his first public appearance since his firing. He gave no indication he would be silent. It was more of a 'Stand by, things will get interesting'

For the other part of the topic here, if you think he's a Russian plant, feel free to use my avatar.

I watched his first public appearance since his firing. He gave no indication he would be silent. It was more of a 'Stand by, things will get interesting
Yeah. I’m sure it will get messy.
For the other part of the topic here, if you think he's a Russian plant, feel free to use my avatar.
I’m pretty sure I never said anything of the sort.

Almost a billion dollar drop in market shares and a loss of almost a million viewers immediately after the announcement of Carlson's departure.

But Murdoch is rich and almost dead so I doubt he cares much what happens.

Yeah. I’m sure it will get messy.

I’m pretty sure I never said anything of the sort.
No, not putting that on you. I was just trying to keep everything in one post. I should have been more specific.

No, not putting that on you. I was just trying to keep everything in one post. I should have been more specific.
I didn’t say ‘plant’ either. The term I used was ‘asset’, and I made it pretty clear that I believe he filled that role unwittingly.

I didn’t say ‘plant’ either. The term I used was ‘asset’, and I made it pretty clear that I believe he filled that role unwittingly.
I'll afford you this one last reply. In our last exchange you intimated that I'd be taking my ball and leaving this thread. That was not true. I meant you and I were done here, in this thread. Nowhere else, but here. We've had no problem communicating with each other anywhere else, on many different topics. We are at odds here. We know where we both stand and sometimes get too vehement about it. I'd rather just avoid the conflict where nothing is going to change our minds anyway.

I didn't name or quote anyone specific in my reply. There was more than one person following that tact, whether they made a statement or not. If you chose to self identify with my statement, there's not a lot I can do about that.

Cheers bri, 🍻

Back