The CAF is going to continue to struggle for a number of reasons. The struggle is going to be exacerbated because these reasons also intersect without any offsets.
- The equipment is antiquated
- The locations are generally crap
- Some of the jobs are really hard and have pretty low compensation
- The pay and benefits for most members compared to the requirements aren't that great
- There are no missions to keep it interesting
- Oh and the Govt has a general disdain for the Armed Forces on top of all of that
The lack of actual combat/expeditionary missions also just makes things entirely uninteresting tbh. I would def stay in if we had some sort ongoing expeditionary commitment that kept things interesting. The CAF would still have shit kit, the same leadership boils, etc but at least it would have a purpose.
The most fun I've ever had has been on actual operations. I felt like I excelled in that environment and with those types of pressures. I def don't excel in the Garrison Military, that's for sure.