• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2013 FY DEO Pilot Selection

Perfect, I was hoping someone who knew more about it than me would pop up (all my info is from the OJTs that come through my unit).

I'm curious, is the planned timeline actually going to work out for you guys? It seems a bit ambitious.

Thank you very much DAA, RobOfstie & Bradley.

Yes, I do have  a 04 yr  Bachelors Degree which I completed in 2009.

Seneca Aviation Technology program and Seneca Commercial Pilot Program are not the same.

Seneca Aviation Technology program: http://www.senecacollege.ca/fulltime/FPR.html

Seneca Commercial Pilot Program: http://www.senecacollege.ca/ce/technology/aviation/commercial-pilot-training.html

bradley247 said:
Perfect, I was hoping someone who knew more about it than me would pop up (all my info is from the OJTs that come through my unit).

I'm curious, is the planned timeline actually going to work out for you guys? It seems a bit ambitious.

So far the timelines have been spot on.  Remember that the training system is currently operating very efficiently and there are virtually no wait times.  The way the program is structured it allows planning to be done for us well into the future.  It looks like we will be right on schedule for our next phases of training too.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Rob

s2184 said:
Thank you very much DAA, RobOfstie & Bradley.
Yes, I do have  a 04 yr  Bachelors Degree which I completed in 2009.
Seneca Aviation Technology program and Seneca Commercial Pilot Program are not the same.
Seneca Aviation Technology program: http://www.senecacollege.ca/fulltime/FPR.html
Seneca Commercial Pilot Program: http://www.senecacollege.ca/ce/technology/aviation/commercial-pilot-training.html

Problem solved.  Your Bachelor's will allow you to apply for DEO Pilot and due to that, you wouldn't be eligible for the CEOTP Pilot option.

Depending on how far along you are in your current studies at Seneca, you may wish to apply for DEO Pilot now or wait until you are finished your current studies.  Either way, you will still need to do Aircrew Selection as the first step.  Whether or not your diploma program will help you get through ASC, I have no idea.

Good luck!

Hello all and happy holidays!

My question is simple,

I will be graduating from a civilian University in December 2014. I would like to know, in your experienced opinions, when would be the best time to begin a DEO application for the pilot trade? I plan on visiting my local CFRC after the holiday period is over to discuss, however any preliminary insight is always great to have!

A quick summary of my history with the recruiting process:

I applied for ROTP in 2011/2012, and was merit listed for Engineering Officer only (I was advised to remove pilot from my listed trades as there was no time to send me to Trenton before the deadline to become merit-listed). I did not receive an offer despite being told that I was a competitive applicant. Although not being told directly, I was convinced that the lack of an offer originated from the fact that I opted for a civilian university and not RMC (as I was already about half way through my engineering degree). With the budget cuts that Mr. Jim Flaherty introduced, I speculate that ROTP civilian university applicants were pretty much screwed. After which, I decided to just finish my degree as a civilian and opt for the DEO route when the time came... which is now.

And..... Congrats to all of those applicants who received an offer! I know for most it really is a dream come to true. Good luck!  ;D

As always, thanks in advance,
Matt

If it's Pilot you want, then apply online NOW, don't wait.

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100

Hey guys/gals,

I spoke with a recruiter at the CFRC in Montreal, I was informed that I should only apply 6 months prior to the completion of my graduation date (in my case this would be June 2014). This conflicts with responses (in this thread) which recommend me to apply right away. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Matt

matthew1786 said:
Hey guys/gals,
I spoke with a recruiter at the CFRC in Montreal, I was informed that I should only apply 6 months prior to the completion of my graduation date (in my case this would be June 2014). This conflicts with responses (in this thread) which recommend me to apply right away. Thoughts?
Thanks,
Matt

You are already within the mysterious "6 month" window, so just go ahead and apply now "online" and go from there.

The actual "criteria" is pretty straight forward "An applicant currently in the final year of a degree program is eligible to apply as a DEO and should be encouraged to so do."  However, keep in mind that any offer of enrolment will be subject to your "successful" completion of the degree program and also by providing proof of completion.

DAA said:
You are already within the mysterious "6 month" window, so just go ahead and apply now "online" and go from there.

The actual "criteria" is pretty straight forward "An applicant currently in the final year of a degree program is eligible to apply as a DEO and should be encouraged to so do."  However, keep in mind that any offer of enrolment will be subject to your "successful" completion of the degree program and also by providing proof of completion.

Thanks DAA. Is it normal that recruiters hand out flimsy information like a "mysterious 6 month window" for applying?
Why were they not informed about the fact that "An applicant currently in the final year of a degree program is eligible to apply as a DEO and should be encouraged to so do."? Where does this information come from? Thanks again.

matthew1786 said:
Thanks DAA. Is it normal that recruiters hand out flimsy information like a "mysterious 6 month window" for applying?
Why were they not informed about the fact that "An applicant currently in the final year of a degree program is eligible to apply as a DEO and should be encouraged to so do."? Where does this information come from? Thanks again.

I have no idea where they think these things up but some of them are really funny to hear!!!  The information comes right from their very own handbook, that somedays, I highly doubt they even bother to read.

matthew1786 said:
Hey guys/gals,

Thanks,

Matt

Any period longer than six months increases exponentially the chance that you WILL NOT Graduate.    >:D

DAA said:
Every couple days, lots and more French spots than English.

DAA, does opting for BMOQ en français improve your chances of receiving an offer? If not, what exactly are the implications of having more French spots than English?

matthew1786 said:
DAA, does opting for BMOQ en français improve your chances of receiving an offer? If not, what exactly are the implications of having more French spots than English?

No, it does not give you an advantage in any way.  BMOQ's are run in both official languages (English and French) based on forecasted demand.

Hi i am looking for some information and help regarding applying for Pilot. I apologize i advance as this is my first time considering the military and my knowledge is lacking on how process works, and keep reading things i am not really sure of. There seemed to be many people on this page that really seemed genuine to helping and answering questions.

I see on the main forces web site it says Pilot is in demand right now. I am looking to apply for this position, however i have not talked to a recruiter at all yet about joining the military. I do have a college diploma aswell as a University degree (nothing to to with flying but a business degree) as is required to become an officer and a pilot.

I have been reading these blogs for hours trying to find some direction as exactly how the process work in regards to applying to become a Pilot.

- So i guess how does the process work?  (visit recruiter, test evaluation, cfat, job offers, time frames ect)
- Do they only recruit pilots from RMC? or what is the chance they will recruit from a civilian school
- Do they only look for candidates that have flying experience?
- I keep seeing people talk about DEO, ASC, air factor (what are these)?

I guess i am just really looking to get a handle on how this hole process works, and what the time frame is like a i am going into this know very little about the process.

i really hope you guys can help out and help me understand the pass ti become a Pilot..
I am extremely excited to dive in to this career!

Your question was already answered --->  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/113888/post-1286998.html#msg1286998

I had my interview last Thursday and I was told that 14 DEO positions were remaining for FY 2013/2014. However, a selection board took place the same day. Does anyone know when the next selection will take place and how much DEO positions are available for FY 2014/2015?

Thanks a lot!

Mab163 said:
I had my interview last Thursday and I was told that 14 DEO positions were remaining for FY 2013/2014. However, a selection board took place the same day. Does anyone know when the next selection will take place and how much DEO positions are available for FY 2014/2015?

Thanks a lot!

I would also like to know the answer to this question. Any clue DAA?

matthew1786 said:
I would also like to know the answer to this question. Any clue DAA?

The longest delay in the process, is waiting for the "Air Factor" to be assigned which can take on average 2 months from the time individuals have completed ASC in Trenton.  So whilst the interview may have taken place, the AF is still outstanding and without that, you can't be Merit Listed.

And to answer your/their question(s), I can't argue with Mab163's post other than to say at this point in time, probably weekly and also add 81 to his number.

DAA said:
The longest delay in the process, is waiting for the "Air Factor" to be assigned which can take on average 2 months from the time individuals have completed ASC in Trenton.  So whilst the interview may have taken place, the AF is still outstanding and without that, you can't be Merit Listed.

And to answer your/their question(s), I can't argue with Mab163's post other than to say at this point in time, probably weekly and also add 81 to his number.

Thanks for your feedback DAA! Much appreciated.

Back