• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

09/10 Budget Impact on PRes - Unit stand-downs, Class B Freeze, and so on!

Just Remember, if you were at the Town Hall at JFA a few weeks back according to the area Commander and RSM " ITS A GREAT DAY TO BE A SOLDIER!!!!"

Sure...... maybe in the Regs..... its a little tight in the Reserves right now.... 

on the plus side, now is the time to start cashing in on all those free coffees people want to buy us... since most of the Class A's cant afford them anymore....

In all Seriousness though... we will get past this... its going to suck something hard for the next little bit... but stick it out...  Try to keep Morale up... we're feeling it in Cl B too... our unit is cutting several jobs by end fiscal year or earlier... (though Apparently that is also Forces wide.. and Civie side too...)

Dpatterson, thanks for the excellent post. it clarified a few things I was still a little fuzzy on after the Area Comd's town hall...  :salute:

Just remember, as long as you still feel some pride in the uniform, keep showing up... once that goes, then its time to move on.... I'm still proud to serve. just not thrilled with the fact we have no cash...

Larkvall said:
Huh? What do you mean by that? Who in Toronto told you to do anything?

I think he's referring to the fact that historically Toronto sorta likes everyone to bend to it's will I guess you could say, like when they had the forces come down and shovel them out after the snow storm and other stuff like that

Larkvall said:
Huh? What do you mean by that? Who in Toronto told you to do anything?

All direction in LFCA initiates from Dennison. In Toronto. Look it up.

jak3_dude said:
I think he's referring to the fact that historically Toronto sorta likes everyone to bend to it's will I guess you could say, like when they had the forces come down and shovel them out after the snow storm and other stuff like that

Not even close.

If you guys weren't so far down the food chain, you'd probably understand.

Geez even me in the Army of the East ( ;D ) understood what was meant about the Toronto Mafia......

We can't Possibly have the Bloated LFCA, CBG HQ and the PREMIER PRes Unit (singular, or so they would have you believe) in Canada suffer from underfunding can we now?? (a bit of sarcasm!) Whenever the S**T hits the fan it always seems to be mitigated for any units based in Moronto. Seems odd to me......Doesn't it seem odd to you??
Maybe they are expecting another Snow Emergency that we haven't heard about yet.

Probably a bit of sour grapes, but it always seems that when other CBGs and Areas don't have a pot to pee in OR a window to throw it out of the boys in Hogtown never seem to share the pain. Guess what they say about the "OLD BOYS' " net is proven to be true in this case....AGAIN!!!

SLAGGERS FEEL FREE TO ENLIGHTEN ME.

tango22a

Edited for emphasis and spelling.

jak3_dude said:
you know, if we're paid to shovel them out, bring on the snow storm I say

Can't. We've already had to cancel some Class Bs and most of the class As.  ;D

In a hideous act of irony, it'll snow, and the LFCA folks won't be able to get to the HQ in order to authorize the budget to have us come down and dig 'em out. I can see it now. Fortunately, the new fiscal year roughly corresponds with the natural disappearance of the snow.

Honestly.

Why are BMQ & PLQ candidates from my regiment punted off their respective courses but courses running out of Toronto still going?

Flawed Design:

Your problem is that the "Moronto Mafia" has literally tons more influence in both LFCA and Ottawa than us poor sods out in the boonies!!

tango22a

Well here is list of all courses cancelled in LFCA and also includes not only the Reserve Bridages but also 2 CMBG.

BMQ - LONDON London 09-Jan-10 02-May-10
BMQ - WINDSOR Windsor 09-Jan-10 02-May-10
P RES DP3 ARMD  MOD 1 & 2London 06-Feb-10 28-Mar-10
ARTY MORTARMAN Brantford 27-Feb-10 28-Mar-10
DEMOLITIONS BASIC ATC Meaford 08-Mar-10 09-Mar-10
DVR - HLVW - LONDON London 20-Feb-10 28-Mar-10
ATCIS OP INTERMEDIATE - Guelph Guelph 13-Feb-10 15-Apr-10
P RES DP2 INF PL SUP WPNS- TORONTO TORONTO 22-Jan-10 25-Apr-10
ATCIS OP BASIC - SERIAL 2 TORONTO MPA TORONTO 05-Feb-10 11-Apr-10
COMMON ARMY PHASE - MODULE 1 TORONTO 08-Jan-10 09-May-10
WINTER WARFARE - BASIC - TORONTO MPA TORONTO 09-Jan-10 28-Feb-10
WINTER WARFARE - BASIC - TORONTO MPA TORONTO 09-Jan-10 28-Feb-10
P RES DP3 ARMD TORONTO DENISON TORONTO 12-Feb-10 11-Apr-10
LSVW/MLVW/MILCOT CORNWALL CORNWALL 1/Jan/10 30/Mar/10
AIRBRAKE OTTAWA OTTAWA 9/Jan/10 17/Jan/10
HLVW OTTAWA 30/Jan/10 28/Mar/10
DP 2 ARTY RECCE TECH- SSM SSM 9/Jan/10 28/Feb/10
LOSV W TIMMINS TIMMNS 1/Feb/10 30 Feb 10
LSVW/MLVW/MILCOT OSHAWA OSHAWA 1/Jan/10 30/Mar/10
Basic Winter Warfare (33 CER) 5/Jan/10 7/Feb/10
AHSVS Cgo/PLS 3525 - Petawawa 04-Jan-10 08-Jan-10
AHSVS Cgo/PLS 3525 - Petawawa 11-Jan-10 15-Jan-10
AHSVS Cgo/PLS 3525 - Petawawa 25-Jan-10 29-Jan-10
AHSVS Cgo/PLS 3525 - Petawawa 01-Feb-10 05-Feb-10
AHSVS Cgo/PLS 3525 - Petawawa 15-Feb-10 19-Feb-10
AHSVS Cgo/PLS 3525 - Petawawa 22-Feb-10 26-Feb-10
AHSVS T/Tlr 3525 - Petawawa 18-Jan-10 22-Jan-10
AHSVS T/Tlr 3525 - Petawawa 08-Feb-10 12-Feb-10
Air Brake Course 3525 - Petawawa 18-Jan-10 22-Jan-10
Air Brake Course 3525 - Petawawa 08-Feb-10 12-Feb-10
Winter Warfare Basic (BORDEN) DP2 5035 - Borden 09-Jan-10 14-Feb-10
Winter Warfare Basic (TORONTO) DP2 5068 - Toronto 09-Jan-10 14-Feb-10
Winter Warfare Basic (HAMILTON) DP2 5074 - Hamilton 21-Jan-10 14-Feb-10

This doesn't make sense, I was just at the recruiting office last week and they are pushing to open an armoured recce reserve unit in Halifax and have posted the jobs and are passing out flyers.

robbiewho? said:
This doesn't make sense, I was just at the recruiting office last week and they are pushing to open an armoured recce reserve unit in Halifax and have posted the jobs and are passing out flyers.

LFAA does not have the same shortfall as LFCA right now....

robbiewho:

Another fine example of P.I. (Political Influence} carried ALMOST to the level  of  the P.I. wielded by the Moronto Mafia.

tango22a

tango22a said:
robbiewho:

Another fine example of P.I. (Political Influence} carried ALMOST to the level  of  the P.I. wielded by the Moronto Mafia.

tango22a

Thats pretty good though, at least they are acknowledging that the Maritimes are part of Canada lol

NFLD Sapper said:
Well here is list of all courses cancelled in LFCA and also includes not only the Reserve Bridages but also 2 CMBG.

That list is not comprehensive. I know that there is at a minimum an additional PLQ mods 1-5 run in Ottawa by 33 CBG that was cancelled, and I'm pretty sure the 33 CBG BMQ got cancelled too. George Wallace also mentioned a Dvr Whl in Ottawa, which I'm assuming is distinct from the HLVW.

Given that LFCA has TF 1-10 coming up, I'm frankly astonished that Pet is cancelling AHSVS courses. They must be expecting a bunch of MSE ops to deploy who got AHSVS for 3-08...

EDIT TO ADD: Oops, I'm dumb. Those are courses that had been forecast that are cancelled. It does not include courses that were already running that were canned.

That was the latest info on the Army National Calendar as of last Friday...... these are the ones marked 0 FUNDED. There are also a bunch with WITHDRAWN which I did not list as I didn't think they are linked to the budget crunch.....

Brihard said:
EDIT TO ADD: Oops, I'm dumb. Those are courses that had been forecast that are cancelled. It does not include courses that were already running that were canned.

No worries, happens to all of us........

:cheers:

I was of the understanding the  AHSVS courses were to get a lot of people qualified for 1-10.  As in a lot of the transport types in our Bn who very few of are qualified.

tango22a said:
Flawed Design:

Your problem is that the "Moronto Mafia" has literally tons more influence in both LFCA and Ottawa than us poor sods out in the boonies!!

tango22a

Exactly - closer to the rabid media hub also and less wanting to cause a stir. You hit the centre of mass with this comment! Good 1.

NFLD Sapper said:

Here is a couple more to add as I look at your list. This is for 31 CBG. Don't know the all the dates off hand.

MILCOTS Silverado - Guelph - Dec 2009
Arty CP Tech Crse - Brantford
BMOQ - St. Thomas

Back