• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recent content by gordjenkins

  1. gordjenkins

    Dieppe merged thread (70th Anniversary, historical debates, etc.)

    Tend to agree with Dan - -Mountbatten -and remember Montgommery was involved in planning also- but got out at last minute. As for High School CGEP teacher theory that raid was for Navy Enigma machine - check out his CGEP at http://www.marianopolis.edu/ this theory is ludicrous! And it is being...
  2. gordjenkins

    Dieppe merged thread (70th Anniversary, historical debates, etc.)

    One  final question raised by recent CBC documentary on Dieppe Raid -  who is this Prof David O'Keefe? - he seems to be an expert in revealing "secrets" and "reasons for"previous Canadian Military disasters "The Secret War Files: The Battle of The Mace -The Battle of the Mace was the last...
  3. gordjenkins

    Dieppe merged thread (70th Anniversary, historical debates, etc.)

    Has anyone an opinion that Dieppe Raid real reason was to gain Ultra /Enigma secrets -per recent -this weeks article in Macleans magazine??
  4. gordjenkins

    Dieppe merged thread (70th Anniversary, historical debates, etc.)

    On page 16 of the current Macleans magazine of August 20 2012, the article states the real reason for the raid had a real " vital mission" -" to steal highly valuable inteligence material from a German naval headquarters in the town (Dieppe")" Simple question - Yes or No?
  5. gordjenkins

    Veterans plan protest on D-Day anniversary

    The Royal Canadian Legion now is 80 % civilian - and the remaining 20 % are mostly  WW2 and Korean War vets- the traditional veterans.Why should they protest - they are covered in no small part due to efforts of the Legion. The ones protesting are the post Korean to present day veteran or...
  6. gordjenkins

    WW2 Holland

    Does anyone know where in Holland this Canadian hospital was located WW2 -was asked bt  Dutch friend gordjenkins@gmail.com
  7. gordjenkins

    Book of Rememberance Vol 7

    The following information is needed to complete Vol 7 of the Official Book of Rememberance - kept in Peace tower Parliament Buildings Ottawa - haave had no luck through "Official channels" 3 October 1954 104 Communications Flight, RCAF Station St. Hubert.  DFS 093-1526 file indicates that when...
  8. gordjenkins

    DHC Caribou Aircraft

    Quite the contrary really appreciate your interest Gord
  9. gordjenkins

    DHC Caribou Aircraft

    I believe you are talking about the DHC Buffalo - to commemorate Canaian UN 116 ATU shot down in Syria which was restored and is now in "perfect restored - not yet flyable -  but an excellent restoration- I was on the Committee. Alas not a Caribou - still looking - in Canada check out...
  10. gordjenkins

    DHC Caribou Aircraft

    Thank you Blackadder with reference to web page http://www.dhc4and5.org/CV2.html-alas has not been updated since 2005  and as for you Former HorseGuard   I suspect you are right about none kept in Canada Do check out www.115ATU.org & www.archive.org/details/Unef1-Rcaf115AtuCaribouPictures As...
  11. gordjenkins

    Books -Regimental Histories for sale

    Still downsizing and still have some good books yet to sell -prices lower than any dealers!!:>) gordjenkins@sympatico.ca Regimental Histories • The Patricias. The Proud History of a Fighting Regiment (ISBN: 0773732985 / 0-7737-3298-5) Bercuson, David J.  $35  • Once a Patricia - Memoirs of a...
  12. gordjenkins

    DHC Caribou Aircraft

    A nice shot -thanks and here is one in with Sultan of Oman - but C A N A D A ??
  13. gordjenkins

    DHC Caribou Aircraft

    Come on folks -there has to be a Caribou aircraft somewhere in Canada. Yes I know there are existing aircract in Museum in Australia- -on a pylon in Malaysia- -in mueums and private ownership all over the US of A etc -lying in fields in Tanzania but where oh where is there a DHC Caribou...
  14. gordjenkins

    DHC Caribou Aircraft

    Does anyone know if there is a DHC Caribou still flying in Canada - or in a museum in Canada - or in storage even -in Canada ?? Anywhere in Canada there has to be one !! (DHC-4 Caribou (known in the U.S. military as CV-2 and C-7 ) gordjenkins@gmail.com www.115ATU.ca
  15. gordjenkins

    Military Books for sale -mostly Canadian

    sorry no I am not awfully sure anything has ever been publically published on this Unit
Top