• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

The irony of it all 😅🤦‍♂️

You'd think these were articles from publications like The Beaver, or Onion News
In fairness, the senior civil servants and MPs involved are so far removed from average Canadians that they really don't see how this sort of thing could/would look bad.

A backbench MP made $185K CAD back in 2021, it's only gone up from there, and EX level civil servants earn well north of the average Canadian income.

This week's Nanos Research poll modelled: CPC: 200 (+81) LPC: 70 (-90) NDP: 37 (+12) BQ: 34 (+2) GPC: 2 (-)
(Seat change with 2021 election)

Attachments

• Nanos Research poll.png
    Nanos Research poll.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 8
In fairness, the senior civil servants and MPs involved are so far removed from average Canadians that they really don't see how this sort of thing could/would look bad.

A backbench MP made $185K CAD back in 2021, it's only gone up from there, and EX level civil servants earn well north of the average Canadian income.
"Let them eat cake" comes to mind.

Well stated.

The Liberals just announced $28M in additional funding to CBSA to combat auto theft.

I hope someone explained to them that CBSA's primary function is to keep bad stuff/people from entering Canada, not the reverse.

We're barely checking 1% of containers coming in the country, why would we want to increase checks on the ones going out ?
CBSA is also responsible for export checks on commodites and persons leaving Canada. In addition to stolen vehicles, Canada is a major international supplier of cannabis, meth, speed and a money laundering hub.

Not really the current government in power, but it seems some feel there are no other important issues to deal with.

I guess private member bills don't have to be vetted through AG lawyers for the Charter compliance.

Not really the current government in power, but it seems some feel there are no other important issues to deal with.

I guess private member bills don't have to be vetted through AG lawyers for the Charter compliance.
Too early to be an April Fool's joke. Is this really on the level? Some of the names I'm seeing these days associated with shat-the-brain-out ideas are surprising me.

So the law of unintended consequences raises it head. Lets look at the tobacco industry, which its main product is banned from advertising, being obviously displayed at retail outlets, sold to minors, and not allowed to sponsor anything. The industry is currently making eye-watering profits because its addictive but more importantly because it doesn't spend a dime on advertising. This was all explained on a recent episode of Canadaland where a former corporate lawyer for the tobacco industry explained how its thriving despite government action, and that government is still making bank from tobacco.

The difference here thought is that unlike tobacco regulation, this bill will be applied to the average person. In the end, it probably won't matter, given the low number of private member's bills that are passed. Just more virtue signalling and posturing. It would be interesting to see what the Supreme Court would make of this.

I agree with one poster - lets change this to anyone speaking well of the current NDP crop.

Back