• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

No clue. The protest is pretty resilient but OPS is increasing enforcement. The protesters haven’t lost yet. If they move on then maybe but there is always next time.

This fight is not even about mandates anymore and will outlast this current skirmish.
I was mostly meaning the government has lost or starting to lose. Jerry Cans....its on the level of the playground. Oh I understand cut their supplies etc. but really its 2022. Police "we have your jerry cans nay nay!" Really! Truckers "we can Meme the shit out of this." Remember it is 2022 the meme is very powerful. Like jokes in the old Soviet union. Even as the media spins the narrative....the memes are slowly undercutting it. Why do you think the socials are working overtime to control the memes? Don't tell me they are not. There is large leakage but they are working it.

I was mostly meaning the government has lost or starting to lose. Jerry Cans....its on the level of the playground. Oh I understand cut their supplies etc. but really its 2022. Police "we have your jerry cans nay nay!" Really! Truckers "we can Meme the shit out of this." Remember it is 2022 the meme is very powerful. Like jokes in the old Soviet union. Even as the media spins the narrative....the memes are slowly undercutting it. Why do you think the socials are working overtime to control the memes? Don't tell me they are not. There is large leakage but they are working it.

IMHO it's actually a pretty good way to gradually ratchet up the pressure without being too intrusive, or having to slam in a full cordon, with the message being: 'Go home now, while you still are able to leave ....'

IMHO it's actually a pretty good way to gradually ratchet up the pressure without being too intrusive, or having to slam in a full cordon, with the message being: 'Go home now, while you still are able to leave ....'
I get that. First the core people don't care. But I'm saying its a new world. This will not be won by regular crowd and protest control. Most of the battle is being fought in places like this and socials. That the international media is reporting is a game changer. The longer they are there it makes the government look weak.

Did you see the PM's eyes in question period? Just as an aside my psychiatric nurse wife said he does not look well. As in he could use some time here. At the hospital.

This is not a regular protest. This is an everyday working man, with some middle class upraising. Support is larger than that which is being broadcasted. That support also can evaporate too. But the international attention is huge. I don't think there has ever been an Canadian political event with more coverage. As I have said the Ambassador bridge is huge. It will start hit US companies pocket books.

Watching the news. Looks like OPS just rolled into the red zone and confiscated most of the jerry cans. Some people now not too thrilled.
I'll bet the gas can shelves in Ottawa-area hardware stores look like the snow shovel aisle when they forecast a snowpocalypse or the TP aisle at the start of Covid. Wonder if I can make some money here - I have five or six.

I get that. First the core people don't care. But I'm saying its a new world. This will not be won by regular crowd and protest control. Most of the battle is being fought in places like this and socials. That the international media is reporting is a game changer. The longer they are there it makes the government look weak.

Did you see the PM's eyes in question period? Just as an aside my psychiatric nurse wife said he does not look well. As in he could use some time here. At the hospital.

This is not a regular protest. This is an everyday working man, with some middle class upraising. Support is larger than that which is being broadcasted. That support also can evaporate too. But the international attention is huge. I don't think there has ever been an Canadian political event with more coverage. As I have said the Ambassador bridge is huge. It will start hit US companies pocket books.
Just a small fringe minority of racists. :LOL:

The horror. Not where I would take a child if I had one, but by all accounts it is a peaceful protest, nothing like the ones where statues are ripped down, riots, etc, well people with their children watch or have them join in. There is a clear double standard in effect here.
Largely non-violent, it seems yes. "Peaceful"? Anecdotal accounts and an injunction suggest otherwise.

Since the organgrinders included meeting with the Governor General as part of their demands, let's see what she's up to.

“As Whit and I are experiencing first-hand, we are not out of this pandemic yet, but we have made tremendous progress. We are both grateful for all those making a difference in our fight against this virus.”

Not really a sentiment that would resonate with the protesters.

Since the organgrinders included meeting with the Governor General as part of their demands, let's see what she's up to.

“As Whit and I are experiencing first-hand, we are not out of this pandemic yet, but we have made tremendous progress. We are both grateful for all those making a difference in our fight against this virus.”

Not really a sentiment that would resonate with the protesters.
I hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Honestly though, can/should the GG post anything that doesn't follow the official narrative from the government?

This is more than just breaking ranks. The comments yesterday went beyond just “I disagree with mandates.” It was a full criticism of the tone the party has taken. Some cracks in the red wall.
I think that's pretty noble and brave of the Liberal MP (and the same goes for Conservative MPs that speak against the party).

Our system is seriously flawed. MPs shouldn't be penalized, punished, or punted for speaking against their parties. The people voted them in, not the party. The way we punish politicians for speaking against the party shows us that political parties believe themselves beholden to their party and not the people.

So is he suffering some kind of nervous breakdown as we used to call it.

Is that CAF going overboard?

A member of Joint Task Force 2 is apparetly being investigated for putting up banners outside his home in Ottawa (you'll have to search it for yourself).

The banner says “Truckers for Freedom” and “Mandate Freedom.”

Is that CAF going overboard?

A member of Joint Task Force 2 is apparetly being investigated for putting up banners outside his home in Ottawa (you'll have to search it for yourself).

The banner says “Truckers for Freedom” and “Mandate Freedom.”
Investigated? That's a crime now?

So is he suffering some kind of nervous breakdown as we used to call it.
Well nurses don't diagnose but that said wink wink the answer could very much be yes.

Ok he is the leader of the country so big stress, in a tough time. Plus he is being challenged in a way not seen before in this country.

Now my thoughts are he is narcissistic. He has lead a "easy" life to this point. Put in a leadership position from the start because of family.

During is time as leader of liberal much of the old "wisemen" of the party have be put aside. He has come down on his caucus hard to tow the line. The opposition parties have been weak also.

This is the first major crisis that has really tested his leadership. The convoy being a working class uprising. He is being press from many sides. Plus a new side to this is the international pressure. It has starting to be reported on international media that if Canada gives in to removing the mandates other countries will have the same type of actions. NZ Australia and even Biden. I will bet you calls have been fielded from other nations.

So that all leading to stress he has not come under before.

In all honesty anyone would have a hard time. Trudeau be who he is has got to be a level worse.

Well nurses don't diagnose but that said wink wink the answer could very much be yes.

Ok he is the leader of the country so big stress, in a tough time. Plus he is being challenged in a way not seen before in this country.

Now my thoughts are he is narcissistic. He has lead a "easy" life to this point. Put in a leadership position from the start because of family.

During is time as leader of liberal much of the old "wisemen" of the party have be put aside. He has come down on his caucus hard to tow the line. The opposition parties have been weak also.

This is the first major crisis that has really tested his leadership. The convoy being a working class uprising. He is being press from many sides. Plus a new side to this is the international pressure. It has starting to be reported on international media that if Canada gives in to removing the mandates other countries will have the same type of actions. NZ Australia and even Biden. I will bet you calls have been fielded from other nations.

In all honesty anyone would have a hard time. Trudeau be who he is has got to be a level worse.
He’s having a hard time now because of the seriously flawed way he’s handled just about everything. And it’s all coming home.

Forgive me if I don't shed any tears. That would be asking more than I can give right now.

Back