• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Zero Pilots Being Hired in 2009?

Hollanr

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,
I was told today at the Windsor recruiting office that due to the backlog in the flight training, no pilots are being hired in 2009.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

I looked at the thread title and said to myself

"Self, I didn't think they'd hired any Japanese Zero A6M5 drivers since around 1945"

:blotto:

I could well see that for CEOTP and DEO, but I think it would be unlikely for ROTP.

I will see whats up when I get into office tommorow. Right now I know we had 2 or more selected ROTP for Pilot. But the way things go we have to put Air Ops down on the acceptance letter.

recceguy said:

"Self, I didn't think they'd hired any Japanese Zero A6M5 drivers since around 1945"

I thought the same thing  ::)

recceguy said:

This thread caught my eye for the same reason.  Second thought: "Wouldn't pilots think higher of themselves?"  ;)

recceguy said:

Yeah, I fell for it as well.

Maybe I've been awake too long....

There are multiple entry plans.  An ROTP entrant in 09/10 would not hit flight training for several years.  DEO or CEOTP entrants, however, would be added to the curernt backlog; it is those entry streams where there may be delays / deferrals, to avoid enrollign someone, then having them mark time for a year or more while awaiting a training vacancy.

Is anyone able to confirm if this is the case for DEO. I am currently merit listed as a DEO pilot candidate and have been waiting for the new numbers to come out for the 2009 fiscal year. Zero spots available would be a big blow...

Beech Boy said:
Is anyone able to confirm if this is the case for DEO. I am currently merit listed as a DEO pilot candidate and have been waiting for the new numbers to come out for the 2009 fiscal year. Zero spots available would be a big blow...

You know, if someone knew they would have already posted the info.

Theres a large backlog indeed.

What is the current wait time for flight training? I remember friends back in the 90's waiting 5+ Years.

I'm sorry, I should have specified in the first post, I am a DEO applicant.

Current wait times for flight training are around the 2 year mark I'm told

We're drowning in 2Lts that are waiting for Moose Jaw. Its getting to the point where we dont have enough possible SLJO slots to put them in. They might as well stop hiring for a while.

CDN Aviator said:
We're drowning in 2Lts that are waiting for Moose Jaw. Its getting to the point where we dont have enough possible SLJO slots to put them in. They might as well stop hiring for a while.

This is all together unfortunate for us DEO pilot applicants in limbo, but when exactly will it be known how many DEO slots will be available?

Faustus said:
This is all together unfortunate for us DEO pilot applicants in limbo, but when exactly will it be known how many DEO slots will be available?

You're asking people to look into a crystal ball. No one can answer your question.

That is untrue. I just got selected for ROTP at Civy U,  as a Pilot.

Do you mean Air Ops?  Under the current system, you wont know if you earned pilot until your 2nd year of school.

Back