• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your weapon was made by the lowest bidder - fails

• Thread starter jollyjacktar
  • Start date
J

jollyjacktar

Seeing as there were several "fail" videos posted on the AK-47 thread, I thought we should start a thread of just general weapon fails.  I'll start it off.

Libyan T-54/55  >:D

Holy smokes , I feel sorry for the crew.

I don't have a video or any published reports, but I've heard that a common ailment of the Indian made T-72 is that the barrel is liable to explode after just over a dozen shells have been put through it. The Russian made tanks (which were imported in kit format and assembled locally) performed as they were supposed to. Sorry, the computer systems would foul up routinely. This was because the original versions came with air-contitioning. However the brass of the Indian Army in their infinite wisdom felt that air-conditioning would be mollycoddling the crew.

As for the barrels exploding - this is another example of the corruption that exists in that country.

Like I said, I have no sources to quote. The Indian government makes sure that none of this is leaked to the media. Why? Because most likely some politician had received a kickback first for the inferior grade of metal to be approved  ;D.

T-72 Fail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Ra8JcY7k8&feature=related

When tankers get bored:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poLf9Qamnpk&feature=related

^ looks like a T-80

Can't help but trying to identify them after AFV Review lecture last week >.<

MPMick said:
^ looks like a T-80

T-80 has its exhaust at the rear, and has a different looking side skirt.

In the video the exhaust is at the side, and has the drop tank mountings on the rear hull. Probably a T-72M1/A.

T-80_during_maneuvers_.JPEG

Looked bigger than the T72, but couldn't see the front to see the characteristic "V".  I'm just an MP so go easy on me :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RROr86sqiP8&feature=fvwrel

Hope the guy in the last one punched out in time.

MPMick said:
^ looks like a T-80

Back in my youth three decades ago, the only AFV recognition we relied on was if the Cold War wentr hot and it was big and green with a honking big red star on and driving West from Fulda, shoot first ID later  8)

Danjanou said:
Back in my youth three decades ago, the only AFV recognition we relied on was if the Cold War wentr hot and it was big and green with a honking big red star on and driving West from Fulda, shoot first ID later  8)

I think 1 ID would be upset at you.    >:D

(1st Infantry Division)

Danjanou said:

George Wallace said:
I think 1 ID would be upset at you.    >:D

He did say he'd shoot them later.

Back