• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Favorite Military Video Game

Gears of War

Hands down one of the best first person shooters I have ever played, the designer apparently got the idea from a paint ball fight, so there is major emphasis on taking cover which adds a whole new level of game play. Plus nothing beats the chainsaw bayonet ;D

I'd have to say that World War II Online has once again peaked my interest, after playing it on and off since its release.

Still a lot of issues with the gameplay design, but it is such a fun game to play, and at least it continues to evolve slowly. You really need to put aside a few hours to play, so you can get enough equipment and people together to have a good chance at overtaking cities.

The first game that got me hooked on military strategy games was Sid Meier's Civilisation. Still play the original once in a while, but FreeCiv is a lot fun as well, if not better than the original.

Cheers!

How much is World War II online? I know it costs money but I never really looked at it because I would never be able to  A) Have a credit card to pay it for before im 18, B) Convince my parents to pay for me and theres no C)...

I have seen some screen shots, graphics dont look the greatest but seeing that it basically spans the whole war online and the fact that you need Army, Air and Navy co-operating (at least I think thats it) while online, and that its more Team-Based, Ie. No more One Man Army/Rambos...etc going to taking on the whole enemy army.

War Rock, a free game similar to battlefeild.

Me and some of my friends play and do either helicopter assaults, air to air combat, or best...tank warfare.

Not realistic like a simulator, but fun as hell.

Google it.  :salute:

I'd have to say Company of Heroes, hands down. A fantastic piece of work.

I'm more into realistic simulations right now...

Silent hunter 3 (sub sim): going fully realistic (without auto ship identification and computer calculated torpedo solutions) it gets really really hard.
Combat flight simulator 3: fully realistic again makes it hard/nice, the P47-D feels like a brick and be careful or you my never pull out of that dive...

I used to be in a competitive America's Army team, the only FPS I can stand.

Close Combat series was really nice at the time, but I feel that kind of engine needed some improvement to survive in the long term, it never came. Funny how soldiers almost turned shell shocked instantly while in close combat, the name of the series...

Panzer General 2, I liked it back then but going through the same mission again and again to find THE solution to the hard scenario at hand just isn't organic/realistic enough to me.

Not a "real" war game but I love Sid Meyer's "Civilization"  You get to rule the world!!

BF:2142 is a really great game. It allows for real time progression and promotion :) win medals so on and so forth. Customizable ugrades. It really is cool :)

Okay here is the list of the games I have that I like

Ghost Recon Advance War Fighter

Battle Field 2 Modern Combat

Socom 3 US Navy SEALs

Ace Combat 04

I guess I can say Civilization 3 too.

All for now.

EDIT it was Socom 3, not 2  :blotto:

War in the Pacific

WINSPMBT( Its Steel Panthers but for 1946-2020)

and some Battlefield 1942

Mike Baker said:
Okay here is the list of the games I have that I like

Ghost Recon Advance War Fighter

Battle Field 2 Modern Combat

Socom 2 US Navy SEALs

Ace Combat 04

I guess I can say Civilization 3 too.

All for now.

I haven't been able to get BF2 Modern Combat to work on my machine

Colin P said:
I haven't been able to get BF2 Modern Combat to work on my machine

May be your system

I for example, have a video chip(they suck) (School computers have better ones then me)

Main thing to look for would be these:

1)Your Video Adapter(The Video Card or Chip)
2)How much RAM you have

Operation Flashpoint, and all the addons, the game was so realistic in gameplay (graphics not the greatest) and it wasnt super easy either, I remember one time I was in a field hiding in a bush about 150ft from a forest, and there was a tank patrolling around, and it took me more than 2 hours just to get to the forest crawling and stopping, damned tanks!

I dont play OF anymore but there is a sequel out now called ArmA: Armed Assault (Worldwide) or Armed Assault: Combat Operations (US/Canada), and its supposed to be even better, up to 400sq km of land, new weapons and vehicles, if I ever get enough money to get a new computer, it'll be the first game I get.

P.S.

Codeweaver and Bohemia Interactive split up, and ArmA is being released by BI, so in 2008 CW is supposed to be releasing Operation Flashpoint 2.

I didn't read the whole thread- but what do you guys think of Full Spectrum Warrior  (the original) as wel as "Ten Hammers" sequel to that game- I think it's comparable to both editions of America's Army the game. Do you think it's realistic when it comes to squad/fire-team level tactics?

You can also command a Bradley in the "Ten Hammers" sequel of it.

I think its a great game in fact the only thing I don't like about it is the fact of how I only got it on PS2 and not XBOX, since my PS2's out of service right now I can't sit down and do some flank firefights on FSW.

Splinter Cell or America's Army. I wonder if a game called Canada's army (or peacekeepers) would come out. ;D

HolgerDanske said:
Splinter Cell or America's Army. I wonder if a game called Canada's army (or peacekeepers) would come out. ;D
So, you haven't seen any of the news over the past two years, have you?

Brothers in arms: Earned in Blood . Pretty good game and it's historically accurate, puts you in control of a squad of American paratroopers after D-day.You have to use tactical stuff like the four F's .  You can't run and gun like other games because it's basically suicidal . The enemy will also try to outflank you and will anticipate your moves. Bad thing is that the weapons aren't that accurate and you don't have any anti tank guns in your squad so you have to go find them .Another thing is that  you can't tell your squad mates to use machine guns.

Back