• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

You know you are military when...

...or tell your spouse, "Wait, out."

...once....

when you  tell your kids to keep their boots dry so they do not get trench foot.

then they tell mom at day care they might have trench foot because of wet boots.

the man beside her also picking up kids, starts to laugh

MARS said:
This...Constantly.

In a similar vein...when I am trying to turn right at an intersection, and I can't find decent space to merge between the passing cars...and I yell at them to "Close to Standard Distance!"  (Also a Navy one)

:D

When you see a car approaching an uncontrolled intersection and you are mentally taking bearings of it to make sure its drawing right. (another Navy one)

When you are watching little kids heading off to school with 50 lbs of books in their gigantic backpacks and you think: That's pretty good conditioning for a career in the infantry.

:cheers:

Good points.

When you have no objection to having an Infantry WO teaching your seven year old granddaughter how to grapple and slap on a rear naked choke aka carotid control hold.

Hard corps or what!!

When you critique your Fortnight playing kind for crappy fire team drills and weapons choices.

When you fall in with a bunch of guys you never did drill with and the first right turn goes astoundingly well.

When you give your girlfriend a 5 poimt contingency plan when you go grocery shopping

When you're driving down a country road and look for your next tactical bound

You calculate your weekends off with an assumption that 1 in 4 will be lost due to extras....

For you, I think that math is reversed... One in four when you won't have extras...

When you start thinking about minefield IA’s when you in ground sprinklers and see if your past steps are visible ☠️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dapaterson said:
For you, I think that math is reversed... One in four when you won't have extras...

:rofl:

You have perfectly described a good chunk of my 1983.

Leaving the house before anyone else wakes up.
Your civi buddies think you're an alcoholic but they're actually just lightweights.
When you're going to the gym and call it "PT kit" and your buddy reminds you you're not in garrison.

As retired military with a pension it finally hit me that many civies have financial advisers, not just to add income to their retirement years but to create a retirement income.

theprivate said:
Your civi buddies think you're an alcoholic but they're actually just lightweights.

That's not knowing you're military, that's setting yourself up to be ex-military.

If the people who someone drinks with think that said person's alcohol consumption is excessive and the person's response is that his friends are somewhat deficient because they won't drink as much as them, then that individual may have a drinking problem.

Back