• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

You know you are military when...

medicineman said:
You point out something with an arrow hand...

MM

You mean “knife-hand?”  ;D

Depends on how you use it/look at it I guess.   

MM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you use the words "say again" in the middle of a conversation, and "Roger Out" at the end of it....

MARS said:
When you use the words "say again" in the middle of a conversation, and "Roger Out" at the end of it....

Oh goodness...the number of times currently serving members or retired members have called me out, and asked "Hey, are you in?"

Without even realizing it, I tell people to "Standby" - "Be advised" - "Say again" - or a thumbs up & "Solid Copy"...  :facepalm:

You use abbreviations and acronyms constantly...and your family understands them.

211RadOp said:
You use abbreviations and acronyms constantly...and your family understands them.

...especially “ACK” 

:nod:

GPS in car: "Left turn on Massey drive in one kilometre!"

Me: "Very good!"

Drives my wife nuts.  :nod: It's another Navy one, BTW.

If I’m a passenger at stop signs etc I’ll say “clear on the right” to let the driver know it’s ok to proceed.
My daughter told me to stop it 😈

daftandbarmy said:
If your moniker is 'Medicine Man', you have the right to call it an 'arrow hand' IMHO :)

I saw what you did there, DB...  ;)

I could have called it “shuto” which literally translates to “sword hand” but arrow felt more appropriate

MM

Hamish Seggie said:
If I’m a passenger at stop signs etc I’ll say “clear on the right” to let the driver know it’s ok to proceed.
My daughter told me to stop it 😈

I have my kids do that.

Good2Golf said:
...especially “ACK” 

:nod:

Not so much but I use "Say Again" instead of "could you repeat that" or "Huh"

:cheers:

Hamish Seggie said:
My daughter told me to stop it [emoji48]

Could be worse - if you’re the passenger and you start saying “Driver - advance/stop/left/right” etc.

I could some justifiable domestic battery come from that.

MM

FJAG said:
Not so much but I use "Say Again" instead of "could you repeat that" or "Huh"

:cheers:

...and in some cases “Words Twice...”

You point out things in the distance using the clock-ray method.

Haggis said:
You point out things in the distance using the clock-ray method.

...using metres....and knife-hand. :nod:

You ask your kids if they're ready and they tell you they're "good to go".

Back