• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

You know the army is getting into your brain when...

... All your friends know who 'Buddy'- is.

... You RV with the wife or your kids at a designated spot in the mall.

... You go for a RECCE when you leave the house for a casual walk.

...when your son complains of a sore knee, you give him foot power, and when your daughter complains of a headache, you give her cepacol.

You are older Cdn Army when ...
You know that Check, T, L, V, left means about turn on the march.
You know how to drill with a .303 Enfield (that's really old)
You know how to hold your FNC1 so the inspecting officer can peer down the end of your rifle barrel
You know how to quickly modify the FNC1 to fire 'full auto'

...you don't allow your wife to store the Tide box on the window sill.

Brutus said:
...you don't allow your wife to store the Tide box on the window sill.

You know that it's the box of Omo in the window in the PMQs in Lahr

You know what Omo stands for in 4 CMBG slang

You know what 4 CMBG is  ;D

Jed said:
You are older Cdn Army when ...
You know that Check, T, L, V, left means about turn on the march.
You know how to drill with a .303 Enfield (that's really old)
You know how to hold your FNC1 so the inspecting officer can peer down the end of your rifle barrel
You know how to quickly modify the FNC1 to fire 'full auto'

:'(

While on GOC’s parade, ordered to pull down pants / take off boots…

Driving across the prairies in the dead of winter in an unheated truck, with a lit catalytic heater on the floor, wearing a down filled casualty evacuation bag on top of full winter kit, with your co driver scraping the inside of windows with his ID card.

While in the dead of sleep you consistently give your wife a heart attack my yelling drills at her and repeating 'WHERE DID YOU PARK THE TANKS?!?"

You can recite your service number, ID card #, rifle serial #, CFR for your vehicle, serial #s for your all secure equipment and dozens of other peoples work #s but, cannot remember your home phone number.

mikeninercharlie said:
Driving across the prairies in the dead of winter in an unheated truck, with a lit catalytic heater on the floor, wearing a down filled casualty evacuation bag on top of full winter kit, with your co driver scraping the inside of windows with his ID card.

One more than one occasion.

#1 happened to me a few times  ;D

You think battle procedures when your wife orders you to get milk from the corner store.

Hey everyone!
I started a cool thread about "You might be in the canadian army if" but now it's gone!  And it was so funny!  Does anyone know where it disappeared to?
Thanks!
Naomi

nomij said:
I started a cool thread about "You might be in the canadian army if" but now it's gone!  And it was so funny!  Does anyone know where it disappeared to?

http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/1290/post-1051774.html#msg1051774

You Might be in the Canadian Forces if you keep on doing this:

nomij said:
Hey everyone!
Thanks!
Naomi

Lost, but making good time.

Back