• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

You know the army is getting into your brain when...

Da_man said:
he has two http://forums.army.ca/forums/members/8972;sa=showPosts   :-\

That reminds me of the day i was playing Ghost Recon and my stats at the end of the mission looked like something this:

Shots fired: 367
Hits: 35
accuracy: 100%
LOL gotta love that eh
i keep trying to burn string off people, haha, gotta love that. especially when you dont have a lighter on you and you have to ask for theirs   ::)

264. you can use the term "sort out" for pretty much every problem or job you have to do
265. when you mess up while talking to anyone you stop yourself, say correction and continue
266. you just have an msn convo with a fellow Pte. using military lingo about a recce of a pool hall, it goes in more depth but i dont feel like writing the whole thing, hahah

Laughing too much, lost cadence & count. (back to BMT/BMQ)

You find Magic Pantry IMP's @ safeway & wonder why no chili & peaches.

Ask 9 domestic for the gut wrenches

At formal dinner party, you pass the bottle around

In resturant you ask for canteen cup

your second POMV is a deuce &1/2 ( it's true)

267.When passing by a children's playground you treat the playsrtucture asan obstacle course and set a time limit to complete it.

ShaBoing said:
265. when you mess up while talking to anyone you stop yourself, say correction and continue

A while back a Sgt. from the CFRC called and left a message on my voicemail, he did that.  Made me laugh because I do it often, but only on the radio.

269. you piss in short bursts to be more accurate
270. you say "son of a bitch" to regulate your bursts

271. M*A*S*H and Truth Duty Valour (TDV) are your favourite T.V. Shows
272. You Stay up till midnight to watch M*A*S*H* every night its on

OK... never actually tried it, but someone said it this weekend, and it made me howl...

273. You use CLP as "personal lubricant"

tlm said:
OK... never actually tried it, but someone said it this weekend, and it made me howl...

273. You use CLP as "personal lubricant"

Sounds like good medical advice. You wouldn't want to get friction burns in the field. Although I suppose the a**-chapstick might be a better option. Tell you what, I'll do a comparison this summer and post detailed notes.

Our course has debated the use of CLP as lubricant with great ferocity and we have come to the conclusion that.
A) It would needto be constantly heated, which eliminates winter use.
B) You would need to take a shower afterwards or else you will get some really funky burn next time you take a piss.
C) It would draw the carbon out of your hands and surrounding clothing leaving you with a really nasty oil.
D) If you got caught, YOU would never ever ever live it down.
E) You might be charged with a self inflicted wound if you get something weird from wherever it has been.
F) It is carcinogenic. Your cock is not where you should experiment with something like that.

Knowing that it's a carcinogen makes it not a good idea to have near man land. I think I'll stick the the regulars. But hey, in a pinch...   ;)

If CLP does to your hands what it does to my hands and many other people's hands, believe me... you wouldn't want it any where more sensitive then your hands...

to tell you the truth, I agree... and I continued the madness, OH MY GOSH!!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP THE INSANITY!  :crybaby:

Ok, ok... I said I never tried the CLP thing, but please, for the love of God - don't try it... I never thought it was a good idea - I thought it was a funny IDEA

274. You have a "war room" - usually a closet - where all your green stuff is.
275. In this closet you have a single barrack box filled with your old issue winter kit, 'cause though they are scratchy, those old flannel shirts are a god-send in winter.
276. You also have an entire duffel bag with:
  • a. Extra webbing and ruck straps.
  • b. Several assorted size balls of paracord, and guntape scraps.
  • c. Several partial packages of moist towelletes.
  • d. Personal wpns cleaning paraphernelia - CLP stained toothbrush, box of Q-tips, swabs, etc.
  • e. Bootlaces.
  • f. Cam-paint, sunscreen, bugjuice eating its way out of the bottle.

*** I know, the list goes on... but you all know what I'm talking about.  You also know you should turn in the old stuff, but you can't bear to see them send it off to the local army surplus dealer, and no soldier ever gives up paracord or guntape.

tlm said:
275. In this closet you have a single barrack box filled with your old issue winter kit, 'cause though they are scratchy, those old flannel shirts are a god-send in winter.

275.b.  Or, if you've been in long enough ...two barrack boxes ...

Just a Sig Op said:
If CLP does to your hands what it does to my hands and many other people's hands, believe me... you wouldn't want it any where more sensitive then your hands...
Is it because I am in the infantry that you think I would be seriously dumb enough to try that?

277. When you refer to cleaning your house as " resetting the trace" or " cleaning stations"
278. When you ask you wife if the GDs (kids) have done the dishes yet

Pte. Gaisford said:
Is it because I am in the infantry that you think I would be seriously dumb enough to try that?

Yes. That's exactly what he was thinking.  ::)

Back