• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Yet Another Upgrade...

Sapper... it seems to. The web server (and just about every other piece of software) was upgraded at that point, and i made a lot of config changes to adapt. Seems like something may be slightly out of whack. GAP, i have *another* script which I can run to monitor the web server' status... but unfortunately by the time I get to it, things are pretty much unresponsive. I should now be paged when the problem starts to occur, which will help. Assuming it doesn't ramp up too quickly. :)

Cheers
Mike

I hope you sort it out soon Mike; it's drivin' me to drink!    :cheers:

Journeyman said:
I hope you sort it out soon Mike; it's drivin' me to drink!    :cheers:

In [y]our case, it's just a short walk.  :salute:

Old Sweat said:
In [y]our case, it's just a short walk.  :salute:

Yeah ri-iiight. Just turn around on your chair & reach for that bottle on the shelf behind you; there really is no need to expend the calories required that walking would entail.

ArmyVern said:
Yeah ri-iiight. Just turn around on your chair & reach for that bottle on the shelf behind you; there really is no need to expend the calories required that walking would entail.

Now there's an upgrade that should solve some problems...

Solve or create problems?

I think a few posters here have already made that upgrade.      >:D

Do we have a similar upgrade for laptops?

Completely locked out for about 25 mins.

Yep... unrelated to the upgrade, that was more security changes on my part.

Sorry folks... we were down for a bit overnight. Same old (unidentified) problem. Looks like a database locking issue though, so we're getting closer...

The site is gone wonkie again.  Some pages load.  Some don't.  Some only load partially.  One window will open, but a second gets the "site busy" error......

Went to load the site and got this instead:

Temporarily Unavailable
Due to high stress on the server the forum is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

I have never seen this before, for any site.

It's part of the known problem I'm still tracking down. The database gets locked, the web server hangs waiting for response and things to downhill from there. Obviously, I haven't solved it yet, but I'm still on the case.

Sorry for the frustration all.

I'm now tweaking some low level performance settings on the web server, which I think will ultimately solve the 'slow to hang' problem we've been seeing.

It's quite likely that as I test the settings, I'll make things worse before I have the problem properly bracketed, so please continue to be patient.

Back