• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Yet Another Upgrade...

George Wallace said:
Was that second outage, and now the inability to post (due to Error 408) planned

Nope. :) But both should be fixed now.

Looks like there are a few kinks still left in the system... the server load got so high last night that everything stopped functioning. Nightly backups are still running now because they couldn't finish before this. I'm checking into the problem, but unfortunately it will have to occur at least once more for me to understand what's going on.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers
Mike

Pages are painfully slow to load, and often don't load all the way......requiring a "refresh" or two.

George Wallace said:
Pages are painfully slow to load, and often don't load all the way......requiring a "refresh" or two.

Same for me in Texas. But it is sporadic; now and again things are quite quick. The rest of the Internet is normal.

Rifleman62 said:
Very, very slow in San Antonio.

Maybe that's because it's so bloody cold - at least it is in Dallas. Hasn't been above 0oC all day and tonight's low will be -10oC. Things will return to normal (+5 to +15oC) on Monday ... I hope. Maybe Army.ca's speed will warm up too.

Unfortunately I think that's just the same old problem we have with our Internet connection. All looks well on the server side...

Mike Bobbitt said:
Unfortunately I think that's just the same old problem we have with our Internet connection. All looks well on the server side...

You mean all your little Nova Scotian electrons are suffering from Stage 3 hypothermia,* too - like ours, in Dallas?

You would think the little beggars would understand that if they would rub together faster and faster they would get warm and Army.ca pages would load more quickly. Maybe your sluggish little electrons are in charge of Class B funding cuts ...

----------
* Symptoms include sluggishness and, eventually, pulse and breathing slow to fatal levels.

I don't know if my issues this evening are caused by forums upgrades (probably just me  ;)), but I installed IE8 this evening and have been experiencing wierd effects, only on this site, ever since. While everyone else's posts show up fine to me ... my own are looking really wierd. Pic below. Anyone out there know what's going on so that I can fix it (before I toss my damn laptop out the window)??

PICT1519.jpg

Bueller?? Anyone?? It's driving me absolutely nuts!! :'(

Vern, have you tried turning on "compatibility view" it is under tools with IE8.  That sometimes helps, or switch to Firefox.

dangerboy said:
Vern, have you tried turning on "compatibility view" it is under tools with IE8.  That sometimes helps, or switch to Firefox.

Damn. I love you (+300)!!  :-*  "Compatibility view" worked.

But, just wait until Mike finds out that I've screwed up the photo gallery "Members" and "Old members" yet again in the meantime ...  8)  I always do that.  :-X

Outstanding. I've been having the same problem, but assumed that a fix was beyond my non-techno abilities.

So while that flux capacitor thingee fix worked for me too, I only gave you 100 points because I merely "like you significantly"    ;D

Thanks. I have been having the same problem for months when I am logged in. When not logged, the problem is not evident.

Been getting this msg for a few minutes lately:

The page is currently unavailable
Due to current high demand, the page you are looking for cannot be delivered right now. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click the  Refresh button, or try again later.

HTTP Error 408 / 409 - Not acceptable / Resource conflict
Internet Explorer 

Sporadic slow loading, half loading, and server connection interruptions today.

Kat Stevens said:
Sporadic slow loading, half loading, and server connection interruptions today.

Same here (Dallas): using Windows 7 and Chrome. The rest of the Internet is normal.

Yep, there have definitely been problems. Sorry. :(

Every once in a while, the web server runs wild and hogs all available resources. I'm sure it's a configuration issue, but I haven't figured out exactly what's going on yet.

In the interim, I have created a script to detect when things are headed south and it will automatically suspend the web server until the spike clears. Unfortunately that means from time to time, the web server shuts down for a few minutes. This is better than the "locked" state it used to get into, but not as good as having the problem resolved all together.

My apologies again for the disturbances.

Cheers
Mike

Mike Bobbitt said:
Yep, there have definitely been problems. Sorry. :(

Every once in a while, the web server runs wild and hogs all available resources. I'm sure it's a configuration issue, but I haven't figured out exactly what's going on yet.

In the interim, I have created a script to detect when things are headed south and it will automatically suspend the web server until the spike clears. Unfortunately that means from time to time, the web server shuts down for a few minutes. This is better than the "locked" state it used to get into, but not as good as having the problem resolved all together.

My apologies again for the disturbances.

Cheers
Mike

Does it make a log of when & what is running/going south...don't know if possible to pinpoint, but even time of day would help somewhat....

No worries Mike..... would it have to do with the software/OS upgrade you did a little while ago?

Back