• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Yet Another Upgrade...

Ah!!! MY EYES! These goggles! They do NOTHING!

I kind of like it. It is not the same old, but times change, and this is a new look.

Plus I find it easier to read with my old eyes.

Listen UP PEOPLE!!!    YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!   

(Those who thwart the will of the ONE will be denounced!! (renounced?) whatever....we'll getcha!

........where's all my icons??? errrr....guys, I'm just kidding, honest.....there's no icons to post a smiley......honest!!!

GAP said:
Listen UP PEOPLE!!!    YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!   

(Those who thwart the will of the ONE will be denounced!! (renounced?) whatever....we'll getcha!

........where's all my icons??? errrr....guys, I'm just kidding, honest.....there's no icons to post a smiley......honest!!!

???

bs.gif

:piper:

Tess may have taken them.........  >:D

:+1: :oops: :eek:ff topic: :google:

bunny.gif

Im with Kat.
The page does look "cheaper" to me.However like mom said,looks aint everything.
I miss green.

X-mo-1979 said:
Im with Kat.
The page does look "cheaper" to me.However like mom said,looks aint everything.
I miss green.

I miss the green too..........but it looks like Mike is adding a bit more green pastels onto the page as the night progresses.

This is terribly Anglican of me, but I like the old one better. This is way too hard on the eyes

Hawk

The site owner giveth and the site owner taketh away.....Personally I LIKE it!

tango22a

Whoa ... what a drastic change!

Good job Mike, it's a lot easier to read but I sure miss the distinctive green.

-will take some getting used to but I give it a thumbs up!

George Wallace said:
I miss the green too..........but it looks like Mike is adding a bit more green pastels onto the page as the night progresses.

roger that.
This white is killing my eyes.

The white background needs to be dulled a bit - made into a 'cream' or something.

Of the four sites Milnet.ca and Navy.ca have the best colours and Army.ca the worst - the pastel green sucks.

I agree the background needs to be darkened just a bit, other looks goods.

Whoaaaa!  24" widescreen LCD + forum upgrade = scorched retinas

On the upside, I can put a grow-op in my office now!  8)

Yes, I'm kidding.

Quote Boxes-  reading the un-bolded, somewhat faded, black text inside the dark grape quote boxes would be something to work on.  Either bold the quoted text and/or lighten the grape colour which appears when a quote is made.  Just a thought.

The rest of the upgrade looks good.  I miss the previous style as well, but I think it is just a matter of having been use to it and now it's just a matter of getting use to the new style.

Mike, thank you for all the hard work, time, effort, expense, patience and dedication you put into the site.  Keep up the great work! 

I'm on the Army.ca pages now, and having a hard time finding the breaks between posts.......everyone's posts run into each other without any delineation between them.  The font is easy to read, but the whiteness is overpowering, and makes it difficult to see the breaks between the different member’s postings.

This is a problem when in the single topics.  When one reads the most Recent Posts, there is a green banner separating the different posts.

George, mine is like that too, until the page fully loads.

Oh and all my "extras" (smileys, links etc) are missing from the reply page.

My 2 Cents, I liked the green, my work computer didnt have all the bells and wistles for spell check ect for some reason.  But as I am checking in I know this will evolve and look forward to the end result.  Thanks for the work Mike, however if votes are being tabulated.  Old Green for me!

Go back to the old one.  This one reminds me of a dirty bathroom in Tijuana painted to look clean.

What kind of a person goes to Tijuana only to review the bathroom paint schemes?

Back