• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Yet another new recruit..

hbenham

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
                I've been wanting to join the military my whole life, and at 17, I got my chance. I've applied to be in the infantry, stationed in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and so far my application process has been going well.
                -I've completed my CFAT, and did quite well
                -Done the interview
                -Done the medical, had a few forms that needed to be sent to Ottawa, but got passed as far as I know
                -Completed my physical.

I'm really not sure what the next step is. The man who did my physical didn't really know either.
Could anyone give me some info on whats happening next?

I'm hoping to get on my BMQ in July, looking forward to seeing any of you there or otherwise.

Good luck to those of you doing EX Charging Bison next week!

Sincerely,
          hb.

The next phase is the hardest part of your application process:

Its called the Hurry Up and Wait section.

Which basically involves waiting a few weeks, if you don't hear anything within 2-3 weeks, call them each week until they have some news for you, or have a new task for you to complete.  Enjoy!

The biggets reason for lengthy delays in the recruiting process(besides CFRC in Regina pulling their heads out of the Ass) is with your medical files.  All of the medical files from all of the CFRCs across Canada are all sent to be reviewed by the Chief medical officer in Borden.  Understandably at times there may be files piling up due to the big govt push to increase the size of the forces. The CMO has to sign off on your file saying that you are medically able to complete training and be in the forces.

All of the medical files from all of the CFRCs across Canada are all sent to be reviewed by the Chief medical officer in Borden.

The RMO is in Ottawa.  Stay in your lane.

Slightly off topic: Just out of curiosity, is that a recent change? Around March 16, 2006 when I dropped by 26th Field Regiment recruiting the Sergeant there said they've got 2 MOs working on review now, is this wonderful news correct?

There could be 2 MOs working at that particular recruiting center..... as far as I know there is only one chief medical officer in Ottawa.  But if they had more than one, this time of year would be the time to do it.

Back