• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Yelling at BMQ

Thanks to all - so many funnies.

I remember those stupid cards.  Civillian feel good people giving briefs were handing them out to the new recruits.  Had one recruit ask me about filing a grievance against her course sgt because when she held up her red card and explained it was a time out card he shredded it with his hands, threw it in her face and told her this is the military there is no such f thing as a time out.

My fav funny was the young OCdt that showed up at Fredericton Airport on his way to Gagetown for his basic training.  He called the base, got a buddy of mine, and asked where his staff car was.  He was advised that it was outside waiting for him.  Naturally a short while later he called back stating that he couldn't find the staff car and this time my buddy (who was a bit of a smartass) stated "are you sure?  That is really strange because there is usually at least one there.  Look again for the car with a light on the roof.  My understanding is that when the lad figured it out and finally made it to base he was met by an SM that straightened him out on his place in the miltary.

When rumours and stories of the 'time out' cards came out in Gagetown in the late 90's or so, we were having a few pints in the mess in the A lines.  One of the WOs (Ian Culbertson;  RIP) said:

"The first time someone pulls on of those @#&(@*#@ things out and sticks it in my face, I'm going to whack their arm with my pace stick, and take the &()*@#$@ card from them!  Then, when I get hauled up in front of the Old Man and him and the RSM start in on me...I'm going to pull that goddamn card out!!!!".

Thankfully, we never did see one of the 'time out cards'...because of anyone I ever knew, he would have done what he said.  ;D

Back