• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

yarmouth artillery

sorry i never seen that but were the requiremnets hard push-ups, sit-ups ect.

I did pushups and situps a while before the test to get ready, but didn't find it too difficult. 19 pushups with no time limit, 19 situps in one minute I believe.

Aptitude test - It's tougher than the example questions they give you when you're signing up..but if you hav e a decent vocabulary and math skills..you should do fine.

Interview - Just act natural and make yourself sound good. Don't point out negative things if it's not important.

great i'm doing pretty good on the physical fitness side of the coin but on the other side i'm a little nervous about the interview and CFAT but i'm naturally calm and it's nothing to worry about hopw to see ya soon  :warstory:

Hi guys, I'm new to the site and just found this thread.
I'm in the process of joining the 84th myself. Went up to Aldershot last week and did the full processing.
From what I've been told up to now, barring any problems I should get a call within a couple of weeks to be sworn in?
Where will this take place?
After this is done, I get called again to go get uniforms etc? If so, where will this take place?
Thanks for any info.
AG.

Nice to see we're getting some new members  :)

Swearing-in will take place just at the Yarmouth Armouries on a regular training night.
Going to get your uniforms and other kit, I think that's in Aldershot now, or maybe Greenwood (not too far from Aldershot)
That'll probably take place as soon as possible after you get sworn-in.

Thanks for the info, looking forward to getting invovled and meeting everyone in Yarmouth. :)

I am From Weymouth I am 17 years old and proud to be a canadain :cdn:

Devin said:
I am From Weymouth I am 17 years old and proud to be a canadain :cdn:

Really. That's interesting. Sent u a pm. ;)
AG. :)

Well..there's different types of weekend exercises. Some are more laid back than others. (EX Sweetcorn, the rifle shoot weekend....The Christmas dinner weekend, etc.)

The majority of the other weekend exercises are live-fire artillery exercises held at CFB Gagetown, NB. For these we'd leave Friday afternoon, get there and get ready Friday night, fire the guns pretty much all day Saturday and pack up Sunday to get ready to come home.

By the way, are either of you coming to the "Soldier for a day" this Thursday? (October 6th)
You'll learn a lot about what we do if you come...4 pm - 9 pm at the Yarmouth Armouries.

Hi devin, sorry u didn't mention that u wanted a ride down earlier. I left quite early, at 12:30 actually.
I'm heading to a 3 gun match for the weekend so I had to stop in at the range for some zeroing on the way down. Then off to pick up some reloading supplies before heading into Yarmouth.
Had a good time, prolly stayed a bit later than I should have.... :)
Got to know some of the guys pretty well already.
Hopefully get my call next week, or the week after.
AG.

thats ok hopefully i'll get my call soon to do my physical and stuff

is anyone going for there processing on Oct.19 or Nov.19

Back