• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WTB - Issued Army Barrack Box

tabernac

Inactive
Reaction score
As the title says, I'm looking for a barrack box, preferably one in sound condition. New or used.

PM if you have one, or know where I can get one.

The newest one is built by Pelican.  You might try a visit to their website.

I would be more comfortable getting one of the issued ones. Their 1610 case looks to be the closest in size, but I would prefer one of the older style issued ones. The supply stores in my area don't carry any at the moment.

The 1630 is the new issued box.  http://pelican.ca/cases_detail.php?Case=1630

MCG I think he wants the green ones, that were and are still issued (at least with the Reserves, Vern can you confirm?).

I've seen them yesterday at the clothing store, but I was told they aren't issued anymore (At least in Montreal). I was issued a generic plastic box (Not the Pelican 1630), that I've seen in hardware stores before. It's black with safety orange closing handles.

Kyu said:
I've seen them yesterday at the clothing store, but I was told they aren't issued anymore (At least in Montreal). I was issued a generic plastic box (Not the Pelican 1630), that I've seen in hardware stores before. It's black with safety orange closing handles.

Ahh yes, the Canadian Tire Box, think its 9.99 or something to buy

So no one has any leads?

The new Pelican boxes are prohibitively expensive. The manufacturer of the "old" style OD barrack box was, IIRC, a Quebec company. What was the name of that company?

My understanding was that some of the tools for the old boxes were GFE, so the previous manufacture may not have possession of the complete toolset to make barrack boxes.

MCG said:
The 1630 is the new issued box.  http://pelican.ca/cases_detail.php?Case=1630

Not a bad box, but looks like a two man lift.

How much, they bloody look dear as hell.

Wesley  Down Under said:
Not a bad box, but looks like a two man lift.

If you had to lift them in and out of anything, yes they probably would be a 2 man job.  But they have a retractable handle and wheels, so they are quite easy to move on your own.  My first thought when I got mine (was issued 2 of them, plus 1 of the old style) was how much I could put in it.  Only to find out that they aren't light themselves, and it doesn't take much to put you over the weight limit.

airmich said:
and it doesn't take much to put you over the weight limit.

The MOB's are only being sent overseas as UAB - none will go with you on the airlines.  Apparently the airlines won't accept them (which is only smart seeing how much they weigh empty).

Zoomie said:
The MOB's are only being sent overseas as UAB - none will go with you on the airlines.  Apparently the airlines won't accept them (which is only smart seeing how much they weigh empty).

I am in the process of packing my UAB and was told that both boxes filled cannot be more then 140 lbs in total.  I haven't started weighing them yet....not sure if I want to!  :-\

edited to add: just weighed one empty...it is 30lbs.

airmich said:
I am in the process of packing my UAB and was told that both boxes filled cannot be more then 140 lbs in total.  I haven't started weighing them yet....not sure if I want to!  :-\

edited to add: just weighed one empty...it is 30lbs.

Funny seeing as the kit itself weighs in more than that. don't worry, they'll ship it.

The Wagon Wheels are going to have an aneurysm.

Just make sure you pack your essentials in your accompanied baggage.

Last tour my, along with many other, UAB didn't show up until 2 months into the tour and we sent them off 2 months in advance!

Regards

Back