• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WOW, moving really fast?

How far can you currently run and how quickly?

I can run the mile in 4:36 or 3km in 9:45min  can do the 5k run in under 20min  Have three OFSA medals from high school.  (ontario) can do 39 pull-ups and can leg press 860lbs, not sure how many sit ups i have not done them in a long time.

But time will tell.  Just found out that they have phoned my employers and have my interview on thursday so fingers crossed for an offer shortly after april 1st. 

Goibniu said:
OK how is this for moving forward fast ?... I handed in the application package on Tuesday Feb 17Th had my medical/aptitude/interview on Feb 26Th got an offer March 4Th ... that's only like 4 working days. I was blown away by this speed, especially after reading some enrolment stories on this forum. Now I am a little scared about the PT tests at BMQ. I thought i would have a few more weeks to get back into shape but now i have to be in St Jean on March 21st! So anyone on here attending the March 21st BMQ É

Mine was pretty fast, I was sworn into my reserve infantry unit in a mere 3 months. But missed my oppurtunity for a weekend BMQ so now I have to wait till summertime.

Personally, I think Ontario has the fastest recruiting process, just a hunch based on what I went through.  ;D

TDV_Valor said:
Mine was pretty fast, I was sworn into my reserve infantry unit in a mere 3 months. But missed my oppurtunity for a weekend BMQ so now I have to wait till summertime.

Personally, I think Ontario has the fastest recruiting process, just a hunch based on what I went through.  ;D

If you are in Ontario, there are no summer BMQ Serials this year.

I wish mine was that fast.
I applied Jan09, did my CFAT 2 weeks after. My references were called and e-mailed in February and I just mailed my medical 3 days ago. My Career Counsellor at CFRC Toronto told me to wait a while for the medical to be squared away before anything else.

I'm going for DEO infantry officer. So I suppose waiting until April 1 is a good idea? I hate to keep bugging them at the CFRC.

Reference checks are happening faster than ever before because they're not being done by the Career Counsellors any more.

Recruiting has hired a civilian company to do the reference checks and report back to us.

According to the contract, they have less than a week to report after Recruiting has forwarded the paperwork to them.

This will in no way improve the processing speed of the remainder of the process ... we still have to wait for Criminal Record checks, Previous Service documents, Previous Medical Documents, Family Doctors reports, etc etc and then merit list and wait for a spot to open in the selection list for any given applicant / trade / BMQ.

I know that waiting is difficult, but there's a lot of variables to line up to get any specific applicant into a specific spot ... not ALL of which are controllable for the CFRC. Multiply that by thousands of applicants.

And I'm not looking for sympathy for the CFRC's ... just some understanding of the process ... everyone WANTS to do a good job and we try our best.

If you've been waiting a long time, feel free to give a quick call to your centre. As long as you're not calling every day or every week it's not bugging.

I personally HAVE picked up a couple of mistakes that were accidental holding up files and got them moving simply because an applicant called and asked what was happening with his application. It can't hurt.

I applied May 1st, and heard from one of my references that they got a call 3 day after the fact. I waited for a week and a half and thought something may have gone wrong because the recruiter said 1 - 1 1/2 weeks for a call and it had been 2 weeks. I went down to the centre and sure enough there was some sort of mishap and I should have had my call within 7 days. So I went in there and they booked all my stuff right then and there. CFRC Victoria must be pretty busy because all of the May times were booked so I got in early the next month on June 2nd.
Other than that my recruitment process has been pretty dang good.

GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I got the call on Friday (May 22, 2009)
I got Comm Research, my swearing in is on the 26th of June and I ship out on the 4th of July.
I have lots to do to get ready and a S*** load of running to do!

Rick

TheDeepestGray said:
I got a Question.....Do they even do PT anymore during your application or is it just some RC that do because I didn't have to do one?

Current policy is that any physical fitness tests for regular force applicants are held off until they reach CFLRS. Reserve force applicants are still required to pass an EXPRES test before enrolling.

Back