• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wow I didn't know some people can go this low (take deep breathes before reading

All I can say is that if I was driving down the highway and saw a car broken down, I would stop to help and if that car had one of those "F*** the troops" magnets, well I might sit in my warm vehicle and take humour in the wonders of karma before driving off and let him/her use thier offensive magnet to fix their problems - I'm against certain issues or groups also but I don't go out of my way to offend them with magnets on my car.

But that's just me - I am alittle old fasion in the sence that I try not offend people just by passing by

Well let me shovel a little dirt on this molehill we call a mountain.
So the guy had a differing opinion than you. Expressed it in a bumpersticker...

Check out these ones.....http://www.supportourribbons.com/maker2_show.php?id=6086

Pretty funny stuff.

The yellow ribbon has also been adopted by people trying to bring testicular cancer to the forefront.
More history of the Yellow Ribbon is at the Wikipedia site...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_ribbon

All in all the ribbon culture is just a fad. Soon to be replaced by different color shirts etc etc.

Now if you want to get really mad. The Greenwood Dairy Queen has red shirt Fridays. Every employee who wished to show support for the troops must donate two dollars in order to wear the shirt. Where does the 2 dollars go. You would think to the local MFRC right...wrong. It goes to the Dairy Queen Relay for life team.
I don't necessarily think its right to do that. The logic of it is a bit flawed. But they did at least buy the T-shirts from the MFRC

Teflon said:
All I can say is that if I was driving down the highway and saw a car broken down, I would stop to help and if that car had one of those "F*** the troops" magnets, well I might sit in my warm vehicle and take humour in the wonders of karma before driving off and let him/her use thier offensive magnet to fix their problems - I'm against certain issues or groups also but I don't go out of my way to offend them with magnets on my car.

But that's just me - I am alittle old fasion in the sence that I try not offend people just by passing by

I agree with you Teflon and believe that everydog has it's day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But don't try to lose sleep over it!

http://members.aol.com/viperspages/about/forsakethetroops.html

Ribbons is nothing, check out this asshat.  Caution, this is really maddening :fifty:

Peaches

Justacivvy said:
I was on my way to a friend's house and at a red light I noticed a car with a fadded ribbon on it.  I couldn't figure out at first what it says but as I looked at it once more it read "frig the troops".  At that time I puked a little in my mouth.  As the car sped off after the lights have turned, I kept thinking to myself that can't be right.  Just now I googled the exact words online and there it was, those disgraceful word on the "ribbon".  I cannot believe somebody would be as low as to stick one of these filth on their car and drive around in the same country, not to mention the same city I lived in.  To think these hyprocrites are enjoying the freedom, rights, and mobility because of those who are willing to laid down their lives to defend them just makes me sad. [/rent]   
Unfortuneately, our forefathers shed blood on foreign soil so that some closed minded individual can openly say such drivel and get away with it.  That's freedom of speech for you, it sucks, but there it is.  Our only hope is for us and like minded others to turn those opinions around.

Remember... :cdn: for this, we fight!

As a side note, here's two of my favourite:
"If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you're reading it in english, thank a Veteran."

"Support Search and Rescue...Get Lost!"

Tn, great site.  Makes wonderful "business cards"!

Oh, FD
......sparkplugs???

oops my car keys made along scratch.... not nice but makes me feel better

peaches said:
http://members.aol.com/viperspages/about/forsakethetroops.html

Ribbons is nothing, check out this asshat.  Caution, this is really maddening :fifty:

Peaches

If I had a face like him I would walk backwards....what a ass.

BYT Driver said:
Tn, great site.  Makes wonderful "business cards"!

Oh, FD
......sparkplugs???

I will be ordering a few... in present tense. So they will be great for us current soldiers.

Would anyone like one?

;D

Drop me a PM..

wow wow wow, looked at the Michel Crook site, and there is people that naive in the planet, but not many of them will go on CNN to make a fool of themselfs.

First time that I have ever seen a media member insult a guest on a "legitimate" newsite

I was in Pembroke a couple of weeks ago and my son saw a car thar he thought was my parents...when he looke closer there was no veteran plate...he said to my wife it's not theirs, there is no vet plate...the woman who owned the car happened to come up and said tp my son " and there never will be one of those F**cking plates on this car either".

Good way for  a older person to speak to a ten year old

Throat punches for anyone I see in possion with one of these, that actually believe in this.  :threat:  :rage:

EDIT: leave a comment on their site here http://simonandthelefties.blogharbor.com/blog/FucktheTroopsfuckoffanddie/_archives/2005/1/22/272955.html#cid_853669

The Soldier

It is the soldier, not the reporter,
who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer,
who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier, not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the soldier,
who salutes the flag,
who serves under the flag,
and whose coffin is draped by the flag,
who allows the protester to burn the flag.

By Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

I just have to remind myself at times before I go off on the deep end.

I personally enjoy this one "If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" It may not be exactly PC, but it's not like the insulting alternatives are either.

Okay... honestly the 'Frack The Troops' one isnt that bad, if you look at it in a WHOLE different context ;) I mean seriously... how great would a pick up line that'd be! WOOOOT!  ;D

BYT Driver said:
"If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you're reading it in english, thank a Veteran."

Had to laugh!...  kept thinking...Thank a little 14th C bow-maker in Upton-on-Wold (Even though he was making bows for an English king who spoke Norman French)

As for the ribbons and stickers... I hope your police are as pro forces as ours are... And if you are police: please feel free to be as vindictive as hell on any motorist you have to charge who's displaying one of these.

Librarian: I'm with you, but I won't be arguing your case in a Bulldog style British pub.... Pub PC is the other way around.

Back