• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wow I didn't know some people can go this low (take deep breathes before reading

Justacivvy

Inactive
Reaction score
I was on my way to a friend's house and at a red light I noticed a car with a fadded ribbon on it.  I couldn't figure out at first what it says but as I looked at it once more it read "Fuck the troops".  At that time I puked a little in my mouth.  As the car sped off after the lights have turned, I kept thinking to myself that can't be right.  Just now I googled the exact words online and there it was, those disgraceful word on the "ribbon".  I cannot believe somebody would be as low as to stick one of these filth on their car and drive around in the same country, not to mention the same city I lived in.  To think these hyprocrites are enjoying the freedom, rights, and mobility because of those who are willing to laid down their lives to defend them just makes me sad. [/rent] 

Its a free country.........you put on the uniform, you are defending these people too.

Justacivvy,

From my perspective, their ability to do this in our Country only re-inforces in my mind the excellent job my predecessors have done in securing that right for them. It justifies my existance.

I noticed a car today at the local mall with the magnetic sticker on the trunk with the following ....Support Our Troops  Bring Them Home.

What group or who are these people that are having  these magnetic stickers made,......maybe someone can provide some  info on who is doing this B/S..,..i was going to wait and have a discussion with the owner of the car,.....might have been very interesting

x westie said:
i was going to wait and have a discussion with the owner of the car,.....might have been very interesting

The best thing you can say (out loud) is that we are there so that they can have the choice to put on magnets like those.

x westie said:
I noticed a car today at the local mall with the magnetic sticker on the trunk with the following ....Support Our Troops   Bring Them Home.

What group or who are these people that are having  these magnetic stickers made,......maybe someone can provide some  info on who is doing this B/S..,..i was going to wait and have a discussion with the owner of the car,.....might have been very interesting

What possible good would come out of it......

free speach...its a real B***h sometimes buit its their right.

And the last Red Friday rally that I attended here in uniform had some protestors present. A reporter came up to me and asked what my feelings were on them protesting. I stated, that I had zero problems with their presence. It confirms my existance and strives to make me endeavour all the more to preserve that right for them.

They heard me. I walked away chin up but I can't say the same for them. Be the bigger person.

For anyone interested....        ::)

ribbon

Yep....our forefathers gave up their lives for this.

Regards

I don't see the big deal.I see soldiers going around at the gym with pictures of dictators on their shirts.Same thing to me.How?Losers looking for attention,plain and simple.These people are the same people who cry over seals,tree's,pavement, and women shaving.

Who Care's.I'm sad we actually have a thread devoted to these losers.It's giving them what they want attention.

x westie said:
I noticed a car today at the local mall with the magnetic sticker on the trunk with the following ....Support Our Troops  Bring Them Home.

Actually - I don't see what's wrong with this particular one - it expresses a polite, honest, sincere sentiment.  It says to me that someone doesn't support the Afghanistan War, and feels the best way to "Support The Troops" is to bring them home from it.  What's the problem?

This thread reminds me of a Ribbon I saw on a car last fall. I was driving home from picking my daughter up from school, it said "Freedom is not Free" I think that is my favourite one I have seen before.

Rebecca

..It cost folks like you and me...

Sorry that one always makes me laugh.Being fairly close to the Maine border we see that one a lot.

Roy Harding said:
Actually - I don't see what's wrong with this particular one - it expresses a polite, honest, sincere sentiment.  It says to me that someone doesn't support the Afghanistan War, and feels the best way to "Support The Troops" is to bring them home from it.  What's the problem?

That's there opinion about that, and I have a negative opinion about stuff to but you wont see it on a magnet stuck to the back of my truck...  And that is just one of my opinions....

EX_RCAC_011 said:
..It cost folks like you and me...

Sorry that one always makes me laugh.Being fairly close to the Maine border we see that one a lot.

That was the first and only time I had seen that one, I do remember it had a US Flag background though.....Downtown where I live, the one store was selling Red ones for a while that said "Support our Troops" the colour on those ones faded quite fast. The Yellow one, I got when I subscribed to the site here, it is lasting longer and not fading or cracking.

Rebecca

241 said:
That's there opinion about that, and I have a negative opinion about stuff to but you wont see it on a magnet stuck to the back of my truck...  And that is just one of my opinions....

Fair enough - I agree with you.  You won't find a magnet (or bumper sticker) espousing ANY of my opinions on ANY subject on ANY of my vehicles - but that's just me.

I would argue that the folks displaying the "BRING THEM HOME" magnet would claim that it displays a POSITIVE message (Support for the troops), not a negative one.  Just because you and I disagree with a sentiment doesn't make that statement negative.

If the message so displayed is not hate-mongering of some type (which I find the F**K THE TROOPS magnet example with which this thread started a case of), then I certainly have no objection to someone placing some such magnet/bumper sticker on THEIR vehicle.

Roy

As a soldier I do defend their rights to put such vile stickers up.

As a human being I am appaulled. They should be charged with a hate crime IMO. If I put up a sticker that said F##k the (Place ethnic group, culture or religion in here) I would be hung out to dry by my nuts.

Soldiering is not a job. Its a lifestyle and a unique culture of its own. So those that say F**ck the troops are prejudice and biggotted in my mind.

Thats my 2.25 cents (1.75 cents US)

ArmyRick said:
As a soldier I do defend their rights to put such vile stickers up.

As a human being I am appaulled. They should be charged with a hate crime IMO. If I put up a sticker that said F##k the (Place ethnic group, culture or religion in here) I would be hung out to dry by my nuts.

Soldiering is not a job. Its a lifestyle and a unique culture of its own. So those that say F**ck the troops are prejudice and biggotted in my mind.

Thats my 2.25 cents (1.75 cents US)

Armyrick:

I'm not sure if this is directed at me.

If so, I agree with you on the hate crime thing.  On re-reading my post above, I can see how it would be possible to draw the opposite conclusion regarding my thoughts on the "F**K THE TROOPS" magnet.  If this is the case, please accept my apologies - I do tend toward convoluted run-on sentences.  Especially when I've only had one cup of coffee prior to posting (as in this case.)

Roy

Edit:  Poor attempt to "un-convolute" a run-on sentence.

My initial reaction is disgust and anger....

but as Librarian put it, as did many others... we do what we do so that others my say these things....

and as offensive as I find a statement like that, for us to tell them they cant do that, would make us no better then the people we're over here fighting against.

Cheers
    Tommy

Back