• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Women's Attire in the CF

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

That would have worked IF i hadn't of read that Geo...

;D :pushup:

Devise the alternate plan Geo...code this time...over

So what else do women get to wear that men don't or is that is...and I have read the dress regs...isn't really definitive there MudMan...as to whether women have to wear a skirt...the debate goes on...

HL

I don't know if this helps you at all...but I didn't even get a skirt with my initial issued stuff. I asked them and they said okay for two pairs of pants...I recently decided to get the skirt but only because the pants are a bit warm in the summer...

Thanks Snowy Owl,

That is the most relevant info I have received so far...so you say it is an option then as opposed to a have too?

HL

Its ok HL...you will have a good Snr NCO/WO to keep you on the straight and narrow...and Base Standing Orders, Unit Standing Orders, etc etc to fill the gaps in the CF Dress Manual...I will check however for the latest Dress Manual (the one I had might be out of date.)

:eek:

Hot Lips said:
Thanks Snowy Owl,

That is the most relevant info I have received so far...so you say it is an option then as opposed to a have too?

I'd be surprised at seeing women ordered to wear a skirt under normal circumstances.  Being ordered NOT to wear a skirt would be easier to see, e.g. on parade.

FUNNY UNDERWEAR STORY

When I enrolled in 1992, I had NO idea what I was doing.  I didn't even know how to put my hair in a bun, so I cut it short.
I received all my initial kit issue and assumed that I was supposed to wear only what I was issued.  So I showed up to work wearing those boxer shorts.  They were really uncomfortable and kept riding up, giving me wedgies.  It was horrible!!  I didn't dare ask anyone because I was just a recruit so I sucked it up.
A few days later, I complained to a female corporal that I knew before I joined how uncomfortable they were and she just started laughing at me.  ;D

Thanks Shadow,

Why is it that not many people want to share things that are small but important with one another...why this culture of suck it up...I like to share the knowledge I have...it's no fun keeping it all to yourself...is it?

HL

Just an update to CF Female clothing entitlements:

Female members now have the option (for about a year now) for initial issue of DEUs.

2 pair of pants or
1 pants and 1 skirt.
Whichever you prefer.

Thanks,

ArmyVern...nursing has come a long way from expecting women to wear skirts/dresses just because they are women...the option is always great...I appreciate the info...

HL

Now if they could provide the patients with gowns that close up in the back, life would be good :)

lol...
I always get two gowns, one for the front and one for the back  ;D

There you go...patients with ingenuity...that's the ticket...

lol

HL

ArmyVern said:
Just an update to CF Female clothing entitlements:

Female members now have the option (for about a year now) for initial issue of DEUs.

2 pair of pants or
1 pants and 1 skirt.
Whichever you prefer.

I must of just missed that, my initial kit included a black and a white skirt and one pair of pants in each colour. I haven't worn either of the skirts but I'm going to be wearing the white pants next week for divisions.

Does anyone know the exact length the DEU skirt should be. I have to get mine altered but I have no idea what length it should be. I think it is just above the knee but not sure.

According to the dress regs, Chap 2, Sec 2 Para 14: The skirt shall cover the kneecap completely but shall not extend further than 5cm (2 inches) below the bottom of the kneecap.

Back