• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Woman and officer in combat engineering?

• Thread starter RMC candidate
  • Start date
Been trying to get that book at the library for friggn months !!!! :mad:

Exactly. I just don‘t see how a degree in biology qualifies one to command troops in battle.

:fifty: I am a oyung sapper at1cer and we have a few women here they are not all bad however there a few that don`t quite pull there weight and that is being polite.Now, you advice, an engineer takes more training days than any other trade to train. It is I think the most physicaly demanding job in the army. You have a long and difficult road ahead of you. It takes a lot of pride and effort to make all the way through your phase training but you don`tget it half as bad as your troops under you got on their three`s course. Keep that in mind. If you want people to like you for who you are at the regiment,just be your self and always go the distance for your troops as an officer. If you don that they will go even farther for you. Regardless if you are a women or not pull your weight and any one will want to work for you. ALWAYS PUT YOUR TROOPS FIRST!!!! Anyway good luck to you Work hard and never give up........CHIMO,UBIQUE.

(I disagree with the use of the word "ruthless", by the way)

Here‘s the British situation, for comparison:

Saturday, 30 March, 2002, 02:26 GMT
Women soldiers ‘face frontline ban‘

Many women want to be able to fight Female soldiers will not be allowed to fight in the frontline after a study found they were not physically capable, it has been reported.
Defence Secretary Geoff Hoon will make the announcement in the next fortnight, according to the Independent newspaper.
Many ministers and activists want women soldiers to be eligible for frontline duty, with others believing the current ban breaches the Human Rights Act.
But a Ministry of Defence report, entitled Combat Effectiveness Gender Study, has found fewer than 2% of female soldiers are as fit as the average male soldier, the newspaper says.
The study also suggests women are up to eight times more likely to be injured.
‘Barred from units‘
The MoD is already facing a number of compensation claims from women who were injured during "unisex" basic training, introduced four years ago.
The paper says Mr Hoon‘s decision would mean women could keep serving in units in wartime as long as they did not risk close combat.
This will bar them from special forces, commando units and armoured regiments.
The Independent says the report was based on an "exhaustive" series of tests.
Soldiers under 30 had to carry 20kg of equipment and their rifle while running a mile and a half in 15 minutes, as well as carrying a colleague for 50 yards.
Not one of the female soldiers were able to complete this task, the newspaper reports.

I have never, ever used my "personal problems" to get out of anything. And I never will.

Sure, there are plenty of females who don‘t belong in the army. There are plenty of males who don‘t belong thier either. You have to take people as individuals.

Back