• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Withdrew application. Restarting question.

Gardiners1

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello.

Before Christmas I was applying for P. Res at the Mississauga CFRC.  When it came to my medical, the doctor informed me that because of a past condition which I divulged freely that there was a good chance that I would be rejected and that the best idea was for me to voluntarily withdraw my application and that if I wanted to I could re-apply in the future.  Well, I have regretted ever since not following it through and getting a final verdict.  I find myself wondering what would have happened if I followed through and had my medical sent to Ottawa.

My question is, if I decide that I want to go to the finish line and get the final decision, what is the process from here?  It was back in November that I withdrew my original application.  Do I start right from the beginning again?  I am ok with that, especially since I am in better physical shape now than I was then.  I just really want to get a final decision instead of wondering what might have been.

Thanks for your assistance.

I believe you would have to start the process all over again.  What I don't understand is if the doctor said you might be rejected for your past condition, why did he advise reapplying?

For the best info, contact the CFRC.

Thanks for the response.  I thought I would have to restart the process, which is fine with me.  I remember him saying that my previous condition left me with a good chance of rejection and that I could follow my application through to the end but he recommended that I voluntarily withdraw my application at which point I could restart it in the future if I so choose.Having some time to think about it I feel that I want to see it through to the end.  Thanks again for your response.

Even if they do make you re-start your whole application, at least you won't have to do the CFAT again. You only have to do that once.

Back