• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

winter ruck cam cover help

Status
Not open for further replies.

idunno1987

Inactive
Reaction score
hello tehre to all...well i am going on my first winter ex ( i am a reservist...sorry lol).........andw ell im not to sure on how to mount the cam cover to the ruck...like i know it is supposed to end up roleld up with the green part facing out to keep with the green ruck..but is that green part supposed to stay on top when the cam cover is unrolled..or what??..any help would be appreciated.....PM me or email me at idunno1987 at hotmail ....anyways i will get back to packing and check back every sooften...thanks

Mike

I'm sure if you're going to be using your ruck cam cover your instructors will tell you how to use it. Or ask your buddies and see if they know.

yes i emant to ask that last training weekend..but never got to it..and i dont have contact with anyone currently i plan on tryin but i thought id ask here first before askin buddies of mine a "dumb" question like this

It does no good rolled up.  If you are going to roll it up, you can just as easily put it inside one of the pockets, but both those ideas defeat the whole purpose of having a CAM COVER.  

idunno1987 said:
yes i emant to ask that last training weekend..but never got to it..and i dont have contact with anyone currently i plan on tryin but i thought id ask here first before askin buddies of mine a "dumb" question like this

You need to use the spell check, as your posts are really hard to read.

NOW

How about you try this;
BRING it to the ex like it is, and ask a friend or an instructor (or if not on BMQ your Sect. 2 I/C) how to put it on.  They will gladly show you.

When rolled, the cam cover should be in side the green area; it should be as green as your ruck.  When unrolled over your ruck, no green should show.

Shamrock said:
When rolled, the cam cover should be in side the green area; it should be as green as your ruck.  When unrolled over your ruck, no green should show.

Actually, when it is unrolled over the ruck the green patch should be at the bottom of the valice bag.

And since no one else has actually told you how to put it on, I'll tell you how I was shown.  Just tie the straps on the white end to the frame right above the shoulder straps.  When you pull it over the ruck the green wll be on the bottom and the rest of the ruck wll be covered in white.  Your unit may do it differently, but that's how I was shown.

Question answered, topic locked.

Word of advice, use the spell check before hitting the "post" button....next time the Guidlines will be engaged.

Seeing as you live in Petawawa, there are plenty of people to pick their brains on this matter.

Regards

From the Winter Warfare master lesson plan:

CAMOUFLAGE

16. The white camouflage cover gives complete camouflage for your rucksack except for the shoulder straps and the curved part of the frame, which fits around the hips.  To fit the cover:

a. Place it over the rucksack so that the green piece sits inside at the top of the rucksack so the cover can be rolled up into it for storage;

b. Secure the tie-tapes to the frame of the rucksack; and

c. Ensure the entire rucksack and valise are covered and no loose straps or tapes are hanging out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back