• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Winter gear?

Da_man

Reaction score
Having done my BMQ during the summer, i find myself with no winter clothing (at the exception of the white boot covers, the white hood , the white helmet cover and mittens.
Does anyone have a list of all th kit i should get, and do i have to get it on my own initiative, or wait for an order?
I am not currently on a course.

Just go to clothing stores and get it. Sometimes they like you to make an appointment, but usually you can just walk in and get it. Make sure you bring a duffel bag with you.

Cheers

heres a litst from what im required (mind you not all is used)

parka
arctic overalls
winter pants
arctic mitts w liner
mukluks
socks wool freeze
arctic slippers
green fleece top
green fleece bottoms
toque white
toque green
cam white top
cam white bottom
showshoes w bindings
helmet cover white

maybe that will help

at the exception of the white boot covers, the white hood , the white helmet cover and mittens.

hehe... I have a feeling you're referring to mukluks. Please don't try and wear your mukluks over your combat boots. If you do, they're all gonna laugh at you. ;D

Most of the time you'll need a gortex jacket, gortex gloves, windpants, fleece, polypro, toque, and wet weather boots or mukluks. Maybe a nonissue green belaclava. For extreme cold weather clothing, you should have a Parka, Bib Pants (with the zipper down each leg), white belaclava, and arctic mitts. As well, you need your Winter Whites: the lightweight jacket and pants that is your totally white winter camo. There is a white helmet cover and a white ruck cover too.

This is by no means a complete list of what you can be issued, there are little things that I've never used that you are still entitled to. The above is just the bare basics of working in the cold and snow. When you go to clothing stores, just ask for everything.

just keep warm bud

u may want the beleclava/neck warmer set, good kit right there
you can look like a terrorist while wearing it too!

Is the new balaclava/neck warmer common in the system yet? I know of a few people who've gotten then, but I just assumed they got them through fluke.

Everyone in Windsor can get them issued right now. They just have to go to stores and ask.

Dave
In Windsor?, it doesn't snow there! O ye a inch or two. HAHA.  :evil: :tank:

Just a Sig Op said:
Is the new balaclava/neck warmer common in the system yet? I know of a few people who've gotten then, but I just assumed they got them through fluke.

it should be in the system from ontario through NB. i dont know about anything west of that. chances are if other people have them you can get them too!

Are they issuing the new belaclava/neckwarmer in LFAA yet? Can I get a hoo-ah from anybody in 36 bde who was able to get them?

:dontpanic:
A.A

Anyone in 32 can go and pick a balaclava and neckwarmer up.  Thats what I was told at the stores in Denison when I got mine.

The new balaclava and neck warmer is a great piece of kit, used it last weekend.

The belaclava/neck-gaiter was issued two or three weeks ago to the entire Regiment through our CQs. Vancouver Island, BC.

white face masks are nice, but not as warm as the gortex ones. They work really good when you are trying to stay on the "low down"

Back