• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will Someone in the CF check out this ebay link! JTF-2 Insignia?

Gotta wonder about a guy who keeps dress regs at home...  ;)

Thanks again, Mike.  I'll keep out of the dress threads now!  :-X  Having said that, there are a lot of guys violating this one on mess dress...

Cheers,

TR

So only US Army quals are allowed (Ranger, Special Forces)?  I guess that sucks former any former Navy SEALS coming to Canada.  They won't be allowed to wear their trident.

The Ranger & SF badge OKs for the DEU are mainly for CF members who have gone south and earned the qualification - as members of the CF.... not intended for US Rangers & SF soldiers who want to go Canadian. From my navy friends, have not heard of any "seal" looking to go Canadian - so the point is rather moot.

As stated earlier in this post - lots of foreign badges & qualifications do find their way into the open - on Mess kits... suggestion to the wise - let your unit Adjt or RSM know about the bells & whistles you intend to wear - less of a chance of him going "anal" on ya.

Cheers!

geo said:
The Ranger & SF badge OKs for the DEU are mainly for CF members who have gone south and earned the qualification - as members of the CF.... not intended for US Rangers & SF soldiers who want to go Canadian. From my navy friends, have not heard of any "seal" looking to go Canadian - so the point is rather moot.

As stated earlier in this post - lots of foreign badges & qualifications do find their way into the open - on Mess kits... suggestion to the wise - let your unit Adjt or RSM know about the bells & whistles you intend to wear - less of a chance of him going "anal" on ya.

Cheers!

I wasn't trying to make a point.  I was just being facetious.

Funny.... I was trying to be factual and informative....

Chimo!

Teddy Ruxpin said:
I hear where you're coming from, though - I've seen (years ago mind you) wankers that have sewn "Special Forces" tabs on their short sleeved shirts!!

I saw a, errm, rather rotund, older, Capt with Ranger tabs sewn on his SS CF shirt in Ottawa just this last week. No capbadge observed.

Acorn

"I saw a, errm, rather rotund, older, Capt with Ranger tabs sewn on his SS CF shirt in Ottawa just this last week. No capbadge observed."

Ask him if it was a good course. You might here a few good stories.  Odds are, he looks that way for a reason.

Tom

I'm sure. As someone who is, rotund, himself I can sympathize. However, I didn't think it was kosher to sew that stuff on the shirt - however proud one might be at having passed the course 20 years ago.

He didn't have a Pathfinder badge, BTW.

For whatever reason, it just looked wrong.

Acorn

Man is there nothing you can't get on Ebay, fighter jets, aircraft carriers, now JTF2 badges, next it will be banged up old KGB suitcase nukes or those missing weapons of mass destruction...... ::)

I would have been surprised if the JTF2 badges had not found their way onto ebay

My faith in human nature has been confirmed

Back