• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will Someone in the CF check out this ebay link! JTF-2 Insignia?

Sergeant295

Inactive
Reaction score
I am in the US Army, however knowing what I do about JTF-2 and its levels of security I think everyone should take a look at this link and tell someone.   Unless this is legal?   Just thought I would put it out there, as I would not know who to contact about it.   Although it seems to me that I remember they supposedly wear no special insignia so maybe this guy on ebay is bull&%$#?

Later.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36069&item=6538120904&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

EDIT- changed title slightly.

Looks like a JTF-2 assaulter's badge - the e-bay description is correct as to its wear.  Maybe someone else who is better acquainted with these things can confirm...  I've only ever seen one or two.

Cheers,

Teddy

Will wonders never cease...

It does look like the Assaulters badge.  I tend do doubt someone who's gone through SOAC would be selling theirs though.

Repro?

I just remember that JTF 2 apparently had such huge security precautions so I figured this might not be something the Military wants sold to some random guy on e-bay.

Well, there are fairly extensive security precautions, mainly related to operational security.  However, the SOAC badge is worn openly on various orders of dress for those qualified.  As KevinB points out, it could well be a copy - I cannot imagine someone giving theirs up for sale.

Thats what I was thinking.  I am a duel citizen and I serve in 5th SFG out of Ft. Campbell, KY so as a fellow Canadian I know a little about JTF-2.  All I know is that you wont ever catch me selling any peice of anything related to my service on e-bay so I wondered 1. If this was legit, 2. If you can even sell that, and 3. Wether this was a stolen item or not.  I would hate to think some elite operator got ripped off for the symbol of his sacrifice.

Dagger 1 who is the seller, says on his site that"
We supply the Canadian Military(as small as it is) with assorted items that they require either for ceremonial or for field use.
"

So they may be the maker of the badge, so it could be genuine, and unissued. But as far as I know, it is not illegal to sell. As for privacy, they don't compromise the personnel, locations, or operations rule, so there isn't really any breach or security.

On the flip side...the price seems a little outrageous..$50 to start?!?

Personally I don't see the big deal about seeing something like this coming up for sale, as there is many Australian Commando and SASR badges, originals and fakes on the market, plus numerous other country's SF realted items too.

However the CF's JTF-2 is new compared to older SF Units within the BCW, and therefore I can see the genuine interest of the badge to collectors, or anyone else curious by it.

Cheers,

Wes

How does one tell a real from a repro?

Seriously...  i bet you can't.

Unless, knowing the Canadian government, the Repro is higher quality!  ;)

I don't think I'd part with any of the few items that where pinned to my chest, etc.  But In the US Marine Corps you could buy spares at the PX so you can put the earned ones in a safe place.  Yeah some tried to wear awards and badges they didn't earn, just bought, but only once....  you don't wanna know the off-the-record events that took place in the Corps when someone was caught wearing un-earned awards....

I guess once your out on the streets it's up to you want you do with your spares.

On the other side, there is a history of Kit sales to raise funds for children and widows left from fallen members of some units.

And we used to trade insignia with different foriegn units we served with / met in the field. Who knows... nice price for the seller

I've purchased from Daggers1 from ebay before...

Never had a problem with him.. Fast shipping.

Is $50 too much?  Who knows... if someone was crazy enough to pay
that much... why not ask it? 

rare = money
jtf2 = money

I've watched on of my troops buy a set of ear phones for $1.00 and turn
around and sell it for $9.99 US.... on ebay...

I wouldn't be surprised if a JTF guy sold his.. like he couldn't get
another quickly....  i bet he could

This is not real JTF-2 or government patch. The JTF-2 will not go on overseas deployment with badge of their unit... just imagine if they where taken in hostage and the terrorist see that patch on their shoulder  ::)

You can make all the patch you want if you have a picture of what you want... just go on JTF-2 website and you have the patch image everywhere.

This is not real JTF-2 or government patch.
Just wondering but, how would you know?
The JTF-2 will not go on overseas deployment with badge of their unit...
The badge in question is for the DEU uniform...

Pictures speak a thousand words!!! Lets see if you can find the badge??

Not sure if wearing it on the left pocket is in the CF dress instructions

jranrose said:
General's Can do what ever they want. :salute:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/33348.0.html

Apparently, even General's can't do whatever they want...who'd of thunk it? ;)

Back