• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Why Did/Are You Joining the Armed Forces??

Had no other choice it was "in the blood"

Grandfather was in WW I

Father in WW II

Uncles in Korea

Only War under my belt was " The Cold War" with a side dish of FLQ

1. To serve my country.
2. Grandfather was in WW2
3. I too want to eat Ice Cream every day and get free green underwear.  ;)

Tired of pickin' potatoes in Carleton County, N.B.

And of course for the free blue underwear.  ;)

Baden  Guy said:
Tired of pickin' potatoes in Carleton County, N.B.

And of course for the free blue underwear.  ;)
Hey...when do I get blue underwear...right now the CF didn't give me any...

HL

I joined because I'm tired of dead end jobs, and want to do something rewarding with my life, to be part of the greater good, and not just some punk ass killing chickens for a living.
To find out what I'm truly capable of becoming, and on thatnote i leave for BMQ on Saturday

Also the free green underware and icecream sound like a sweet deal too

I too joined for many the same reasons.

1) Tired of working dead end jobs which i felt no reward in
2) I wanted to give back to something I too feel i take granted for everyday
3) Be part of something that may or has changed the world
4) Come on all the toys you get to play with, and the training :p

1. To give back to Canada
2. No more dead-end jobs and actually know I'm contributing to something higher
3. Prove to myself I can always improve
4. Job Security/Benefits
5. The FUN YOU GET PAID TO HAVE! 

1. To get out of the house
2.  Find a purpose in life
3.  Travel
4.  Make money
5.  Pick up girls.

Its all happened for me after 20+years, and now looking forward to civy street for the following reasons

1. Want to stay in the house
2.  Found my purpose and its my family
3.  Stop traveling
4.  Collect my pension
5.  Stop picking up girls  ;D

Northern Ranger said:
1. To get out of the house
2.  Find a purpose in life
3.  Travel
4.   Make money
5.   Pick up girls.

Its all happened for me after 20+years, and now looking forward to civy street for the following reasons

1. Want to stay in the house
2.  Found my purpose and its my family
3.  Stop traveling
4.  Collect my pension
5.  Stop picking up girls  ;D
Hehehe, that made me laugh.

In order.

1.Money

2.job security/pension

3.Too many war movies as a kid.

4.Travel

5.Gain money for college.

Honestly I always wanted to be a soldier/cop or transformer.I had originally planned to sign up for a 3 year stint to save money for post secondary.After 3 years of pissing my paycheck up against the wall and having a blast I decided to sign for another 3.Got married during the second BE.Then they approached me with my IE.And here I am.

Reasons for remaining.
1.money

2.Job security/pension

3.Still like war movies.

4.hoping for travel(as I've done fairly little)

5.Hope to have time for more post secondary someday.

6.What job promotes physical fitness like we do?Free gym membership,10 dollars a month for access for your family.Base teams for any type of sport,ski trails/running trails.2 hrs paid to work out in the morning.You can't beat that.

I'm joining for several reasons

#1- I'm tired of doing my dead end job driving trucks in which i'll never get advancment or a future career.

#2- I wanna learn a trade and be a useful link to our national defense.

#3- most important of all I wanna serve my country and be proud of what i do instead of being a number

I'd rather take s*** from someone who knows what their talking about than take s*** from someone who thinks they know what their talking about but really dont ;)

and at my age ( 38) LOL.. it's either do or die this is my last chance to make something worthwhile of myself and the forces is the way to go:)

it will be hard on my wife and kids but it's a small sacrifice to make for an intersting and challenging career:)

Regards   :salute:

Im joining becuase I here were being sent some place sandy with a hot climate......... ;D

But seriously, Mostly I want to work with capable people of like mind, protect the country and people in it, find out where my limits are and grow beyond them, throw in some adventure and comraderie and have a kickass job you cant find anywhere else  :salute:

I feel that it is my obligation as a citizen to give back to my country.  I just wish that I had the sense 10 years ago that I think I do now. 

Dedication to serve my country.  The cadet system played a big role, and my father's inspiration helped to.  Seeing his accoplishments and his pride were the largest factors.

1. To contribute myself to Counter-Terrorism.
2. To give back what I have taken.
3. Working with down to earth, smart people of whom are very easy to talk to and get along with.
4. I like C-130's.
5. Most civie jobs are boring. Sense of duty and pride.
6. 2 great grandfather's in WW1. One western front, one eastern. WW2 great grandfather code breaker or something along those lines.

Yeah Irish, I'm from Brockville. Born and raised (unfortunately).

Thanks to everyone who's posted thus far, glad to see so many like-minded men and women.

I'm tired of feeling like a nobody and just drifting around simply "existing".
I want to be part of an institution that means something and have a purpose in life.
My family and my country are the most important things in my life and I want to do my part to make sure that they both remain safe and free.

Back