• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Why Cadets are offensive?

• Thread starter cameron_highlander
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
People are people, no matter what if they are cadets. Think back to when we were that age. Even though I never smoked, I did my share of swilling, as we all did. I joined the militia at 16, and never did cadets.

Almost sounds like some here have an inferiority complex. I reckon we should give these cadets a break, sure some are bad, but most are good, and are there because they want to be, not because they have to be.

Things have not changed that much, and besides I would rather have my kids puffing on a few fags, and having a few beers with CF ‘juniors‘ in the back of an armouries somewhere, than out at some rave party where things could be much worse, so i dont see what the big hooey is all about.

Cheers,

Wes

Originally posted by 3005_MWO:
[qb]

As for smoking, I know there is a PRCI on it, that bans smoking by cadets in Pacific Region, and I‘m fairly certain the CATO is updated as well, but there isn‘t a recent copy online. I‘ll let you nkow if I can get ahold of an updated copy.

CH [/qb]
I don‘t know about your corps but my squadron‘s standing orders for somking are:
* No smoking at cadets or while in uniform
* when on ex‘s no smoking while under/giving instruction
* (and even though it‘s not written, no one smokes if it bothers someone eg. ashma)

That‘s what my corps did as well, and I think the CATO reflects the same thing (except it‘s no smoking, period, while on exercises or at a cadet function).

It makes sense to ban it in the movement though....it‘s counter productive to the aims. And of course, we‘re always leading by example.

CH

Originally posted by CL84:
[qb] Funny, walk up to a cadet smoking or drinking and let them know what you think of that, and that they shouldn‘t be doing it, they‘ll spit at you, tell you to f-off or start a fight with you ‘because they are wearing the uniform.‘ I‘m pretty sure that‘s what would happen. [/qb]
Since they are in uniform, they will probably be wearing their nametag and their Corp/Squadron name will be on their uniform somewhere.With that information could you not get the cadets kicked out of their Corps/Squadron? And if/when they are, they will not be in cadets anymore so they would never be smoking or drinking in uniform again (if you can understand my reasoning :confused: )

The policy I always tried for at my cadet corps was one of compromise. You will always have your smokers, and your non-smokers. The way it worked was if you were a senior cadet, you could smoke IF. You did not have work to be doing at that time, Your Immediate supervisor knew where you were, There were none of your subordinates anywhere near you, You had your beret in your pocket, you were in an area designated for smoking, you picked up your butts, and if no one around at that time was opposed to it. The RSM would give the ok for smoking for the night, after all the cadets were inside and organized, if there wasn‘t anything immediate needed. Also, there should be no more than two people out for a smoke at any given time, and there is a time limit for how long your allowed out. Because the people who don‘t smoke shouldn‘t have to cover for you and do your work while you go out for smokes all night. It usually kept everyone happy. If you just say no smoking period, then you‘re going to have smokers running off, with no one knowing where they went, having smokes anyways. It‘s what we came up with and it worked.

when i went to blackdown their were some cadets that snuck out in the middle of the night for a smoke hey Colin ‘Chiefy‘ Hoult
you might know the cadets im talking about

I these tree hugging pot smoking hippies in my class who hate the cadets because they say
we fly planes to Iraq on Tuesdays and bomb childrens.There so dumb.They think that all we do as cadets is shoot and kill
people.

Ive meet my fair share of ignorant people like that. When ever people find out I'm in cadets first two questions I always get
1)Do you shoot guns?
2)Have you ever killed anyone?
Its rather tedious.
:cdn:

This has, of course and as it always will, become an endless topic with no substance to its discussion.  But as usual, Im the idiot who has to reply.

The comparison/reference to Somalia is pointless, yet readily made by those who know nothing about it. I am not professing to be an expert, nor am I one who can say I have worthy military experience to which I can draw from, but I know one thing for *amn sure from meeting former members of the CAR who have and still do serve in the CF: The majority of those troops are some of the finest quality people I have met - professionally and personally. Im VERY sure you would not even imply to one such a silly notion that "every member of the CAR in Somalia was rotten".

Now, we've discussed the whole concept of  cadets'  behaviour here before.Every organization has its set of rules, and also has those who will not fully comply with them. Follow the rules  whoever you may be, enforce them if you have a position of authority.

McBear said:
Now, we've discussed the whole concept of   cadets'   behaviour here before.Every organization has its set of rules, and also has those who will not fully comply with them. Follow the rules   whoever you may be, enforce them if you have a position of authority.

I agree 100%. Not enough people who can do positive things in the movement do, if you catch my drift.

Geesh.....I thought this thread died a long time ago :rolleyes:

Good point McBear on the CAR

As for the rest of the drivel thrown about in this thread about members of the CF....you have absoulutly no idea of what you are speaking about. Unless you actually are in the CF and serving in an actual unit on deployment in a theater you really have no idea of what goes on.

Go back to playing "war games"  "Cpl "Cam..... :rolleyes:

If you troops can't sort out your people in the most simplest of deportment infractions... I suggest you quit and go home.

Regards

Well said Franko, I have much respect for those who have been, and are currently serving overseas!

I've seen cadets smoke on base and got away with because in the package for summer camps they  a form saying it if you let your child smoke let what happen in my air cadet summer camps.

I do believe this thread is getting off topic. I created it to see how and what members of the CF and other peoples thought about cadets as I have heard a lot of slander against this movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back